HBK

Oct 30, 2017
As someone who's not bothered by the more « sterile » looks of FMs (over GTs for example), I must agree there's something missing in this FM which I'm not sure I can quite put my finger on.

Technically it's pretty good, but it just has a hard time grabbing me and I'm not sure which is me being older and stuff and which is the game lacking character as some put it (quite aptly I'd say, it's a much better terminology than those about « soul » and stuff).

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
It might have helped if they'd kept the garage from the invite multiplayer test, which you could actually walk around.

BCRg8qE.jpg

0tcZu2e.jpg
Man what happened.

Any info on update 8 except "we got cars"?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
It might have helped if they'd kept the garage from the invite multiplayer test, which you could actually walk around.

BCRg8qE.jpg

0tcZu2e.jpg
Idk why they didn't have this as the lobby for the main menu. Or something like your Drivatar standing next to your selected car in the lobby (toggleable). Then you could press a button to take control and walk around.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Idk why they didn't have this as the lobby for the main menu. Or something like your Drivatar standing next to your selected car in the lobby (toggleable). Then you could press a button to take control and walk around.

That's what it was like in the multi test (though I think the layout was slightly different).

And the garage actually worked as a menu. You'd walk to different parts to launch different experiences - such as racing, photos, livery, tuning etc.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
That's what it was like in the multi test (though I think the layout was slightly different).

And the garage actually worked as a menu. You'd walk to different parts to launch different experiences - such as racing, photos, livery, tuning etc.
I can do without an immersive environment where I have to run around to places rather than quickly jumping in to an experience I want, but it'd still be a cool option so you could take photomode with your driver, multiple cars, etc.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I can do without an immersive environment where I have to run around to places rather than quickly jumping in to an experience I want, but it'd still be a cool option so you could take photomode with your driver, multiple cars, etc.

I seem to remember you could also use a regular menu. It's a while since the experience and we only got a short time with it.

I'm still baffled at the garage we eventually got.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I seem to remember you could also use a regular menu. It's a while since the experience and we only got a short time with it.

I'm still baffled at the garage we eventually got.
yeah. you would think the MOTORSPORT game would have an emphasis on a motorsport garage and crew

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
It just felt much more atmospheric. I remember playing the test around Kylami and thinking "fm8 is going to be fantastic".

(The test used the FM7 graphics engine on track, it was testing multiplayer and the penalty system).

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I could be trippin' but the new pavement coloring does look nice/noticeably different.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/9B-6rCDd3a4

Title is a little clickbait and this guy's voice is grating, but the demonstration of the new drivatar braking (or lack thereof) behavior seems good. They carry momentum through turns much more.

I literally can't make it more than three seconds through any part of this video before YouTube Streamer Voice makes me want to die, so I'll just have to take your word for it.

If this is actually coming in the next update it MIGHT be enough to get me to check out Forza again. AI bullshit is the reason I ragequit months ago and to see them actually address it is honestly not something I expected them to do.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I literally can't make it more than three seconds through any part of this video before YouTube Streamer Voice makes me want to die, so I'll just have to take your word for it.

If this is actually coming in the next update it MIGHT be enough to get me to check out Forza again. AI bullshit is the reason I ragequit months ago and to see them actually address it is honestly not something I expected them to do.
It's in the update out right now. On pc i had to restart the game after launching it the first time as it didn't seem to take the updates. Similar to the YouTube guy.

Next update mid June will have a new track, i think the proximity radar, and other changes. Plus cars and events ofc. Wonder if there will be a bigger update announced at the Showcase

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
It's in the update out right now. On pc i had to restart the game after launching it the first time as it didn't seem to take the updates. Similar to the YouTube guy.

Next update mid June will have a new track, i think the proximity radar, and other changes. Plus cars and events ofc. Wonder if there will be a bigger update announced at the Showcase

Time to move Forza back to the SSD again I guess. Hopefully it actually is fixed!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Time to move Forza back to the SSD again I guess. Hopefully it actually is fixed!
To test and make sure your game has the update even after updating, check fuel and tire settings in a race. If it shows the tire wear multiplier then you have all the updates. Otherwise you need to close the game and restart and it should be good to go

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Is it okay for me to post my tune and livery that i made for those achievements? I know about doing alt accounts, but I'm playing on PC right now, I don't think I can do that on PC.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
So I did a few laps in career mode and the AI seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of launch.

I actually got genuinely overtaken by the AI out-braking me!

I'll have to play more to see if it's a real improvement and not placebo but good signs so far!

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
I don't think it is placebo; I've put a good few races in, and AI are absolutely carrying more pace through corners. I really appreciate the impact it is having on races. Both in terms of being able to *draft* without constant fear of rear-ending, and also being punished more when *I* mess up a corner. It also means that 'corner mugging' isn't quite the cheat-code it used to be.

I think it isn't without cost (from the AI's perspective) - I see AI cars go off-track when cornering, to an extent that I don't recall previously seeing. It hasn't spoiled races for me however, just something interesting I've noticed. Just a slight uptick, as it were.

Edit: Actually, I want to further emphasise the difference, in a different way... Previously, it literally felt like the AI was 'brake checking' you all the time. That feeling is gone (at least over the 15 to 20 races I've done).

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it is placebo; I've put a good few races in, and AI are absolutely carrying more pace through corners. I really appreciate the impact it is having on races. Both in terms of being able to *draft* without constant fear of rear-ending, and also being punished more when *I* mess up a corner. It also means that 'corner mugging' isn't quite the cheat-code it used to be.

I think it isn't without cost (from the AI's perspective) - I see AI cars go off-track when cornering, to an extent that I don't recall previously seeing. It hasn't spoiled races for me however, just something interesting I've noticed. Just a slight uptick, as it were.

Edit: Actually, I want to further emphasise the difference, in a different way... Previously, it literally felt like the AI was 'brake checking' you all the time. That feeling is gone (at least over the 15 to 20 races I've done).

After completing a few races I'd definitely say it's a big improvement. The AI is no longer genuinely unenjoyable to race due to the bizarre brake behaviour.

That said I still wouldn't say the AI is good - just had a race on expert difficulty where I went from 18th to 7th in lap 1 and then made no further progress for the rest of the race. Despite the improvements the AI still struggles with wheel to wheel and pack racing - their disparity in speed between free air racing and wheel to wheel racing is still very much present.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
AI is almost completely fixed right now with just minor mistakes in some races imo.