Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go out on a limb and say every channel has a graphic like this waiting in the wings.

Nov 30, 2018
I mean they've probably got a list of old folks like this with graphics

News is about being first, are we surprised

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean they've probably got a list of old folks like this with graphics

News is about being first, are we surprised

This.

Not to play devil's advocate or to defend FOX. I sure any famous person who's up there in age or really sick, most media companies would already have graphics or interviews of colleagues made up before the event happen. When the event did happen, they have the interviews and graphics in place.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
You don't spent a considerate amount of time making that graphic and slab that date on it without googling it, before hitting that publish button. You don't mistake a death, this is not how mistakes work.

Sorry guys, I accidentally typed her full name, birthdate year, and posted her picture. Honest mistake I swear!

Well, the mistake was airing it.

CNN and MSNBC have this same graphic ready for when she passes.

Oct 27, 2017
Dv88lEjWwAEF2LN.jpg

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
FoxNews has a long history of "mislabeling" the political affliation of politicians when they are embroiled in controversy. Republicans suddenly being labeld a Democrat (never the other way around) was a common tactic on FoxNews during Roger Ailes' reign.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By 'technical error' they mean someone was either sending a message or did it for the lulz. They wont explain that though.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go out on a limb and say every channel has a graphic like this waiting in the wings.
Yeah i thought this was common knowledge. Most news websites also have obituaries ready for people as well. Hell. I'm sure most places had one written for stan lee stretching back to the late 90s.

This is an extremely common thing.

FOX however posted this on accident because they're evil.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely. How do you accidentally have a graphic like that ready to air and then... air it?

As others have stated in this thread, every major news network in America has a graphic like this ready. Papers and magazines have their obituarys ready and pre-written, too. Not only for RBG, but for every major celebrity or person of importance who are close or in danger of dying.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
As others have stated in this thread, every major news network in America has a graphic like this ready. Papers and magazines have their obituarys ready and pre-written, too. Not only for RBG, but for every major celebrity or person of importance who are close or in danger of dying.

I know that. Even so I don't think it was a mistake.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I know that. Even so I don't think it was a mistake.

Then your previous post was weirdly worded, sincethey don't "accidentally" have that graphic ready to air, they have it very purposely ready to air, like every other network has, too.

Everything else is honestly nothing but silly conspiracy theories in light of errors like these happening all the time in every part of media. You don't have to make up flimsy stories in your mind to make FOX News seem evil. They do that pretty well on their own.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
edit: If you're ever posting a thirty year old comedy bit, make sure you watch it to the end to remind yourself whether it goes downhill quickly. Because chances are, it does.

Directly on topic, yes every network has these but no not every network "accidentally" plasters them on live broadcast.

Last edited:

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Everything else is honestly nothing but silly conspiracy theories in light of errors like these happening all the time in every part of media. You don't have to make up flimsy stories in your mind to make FOX News seem evil. They do that pretty well on their own.
If you know they are evil you'd know better than to give them the benefit of the doubt.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Man, if Ginsburg can just hold out for the next 12 months...

Considering the Republicans can't nominate anyone in 2020.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am sure Ruth is regretting her decision to not retire. Holding on for 2 years when one is so old is not easy.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I get that pretty much every network probably has a treasure trove of the these graphics prepared just-in-case, but with how cozy Trump is with Fox (and Putin), "accidentally" airing it almost comes across as a threat.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, my buddy worked in the graphics department for a local news studio for years and he said they'd prepare these things for older celebrities in advance at the beginning of each year. It's a big fuck up on their part by using the wrong graphic, for sure.
There's a whole episode of 30 Rock about it, everyone does it [as bleak as it is] but yeah, accidentally [side-eye] letting it air, whooooooops

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Having morbid graphics like that handy is pretty standard procedure but it's hard to give Fox News the benefit of a doubt when they pull this shit all of the time.

Are they still mislabeling any Republican politician caught up in scandal as a Democrat?

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018
I could see it going either way on this being intentional or not. Either way I wish her the best.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, right. "Mistake". They know what this will mean. Their base will be energised by the thought, "the libs" terrified and depressed; this is trolling. Simply grotesque.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
This is not uncommon to prepare graphics and stories for famous people. The issue here is it had to have passed by several people before hitting the air and no one noticed it.