DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021

View: https://www.threads.net/@jamesgunn/post/C6y0_VNAdu6

Team Peacemaker is growing.

Season 2 of James Gunn's DC action series "Peacemaker" has added Frank Grillo, Gunn announced Friday on Threads. Grillo will play Rick Flag Sr., the father of Suicide Squad member Rick Flag Jr. (played by Joel Kinnaman in two movies.
However, Grillo will debut as Rick Flag Sr. in animated form first. He's part of the voice cast for "Creature Commandos," an upcoming Max series about a black ops team of monsters working for Amanda Waller years before she forms the Suicide Squad.
Gunn wrote, "Pleased to announce the great @frankgrillo1 will be reprising the role of Rick Flag, Sr – the role he'll first play in animated form in 'Creature Commando's – throughout Season 2 of 'Peacemaker.' Christopher Smith and Rick Sr have a little unfinished business to take care of…"
variety.com

Frank Grillo Joins ‘Peacemaker’ Season 2 as Rick Flag Sr.

Frank Grillo plays Rick Flag Sr. on 'Peacemaker' Season 2, James Gunn announces.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
FtjDQuIXoAAesio.jpg

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess they're tackling the continuity snarl head-on rather than dancing around the whole "Suicide Squad/S1 technically aren't canon" thing.

Not shocked they'd want to mine that vein, though.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
DC Continuity and being confusing af. Name a more iconic duo. (Hint: You can't.)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
DtywBA2m.png

Ilneo76m.png

Guess Rick Flag Sr started early.

I don't think the non-diegetic age of actors really necessarily corresponds to their characters' in-universe ages.

The more confusing part is going to be explaining how Rick Flag Sr. is alive in WW2 but somehow also old enough to father a son Rick Jr's age in the modern era without being immortal.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Flag Sr. is leading a team with a fishwoman, two Frankensteins, and a robot, so it's probably safe to assume he's been mainlining some youth serum or found the Fountain of Youth or something.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Hell yeah. Grillo is excellent, and Gunn is the perfect director to utilize him properly. Hoping he's a consistent player in this version of the DCU.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
feels like it's been an eternity since the first season. every time I see a thread title about the second season I keep thinking it's about some Apple+ or Paramount show i've never seen lol

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
I love how Frank Grillo continues to get work. If I was an actor that is the career I'd want.