• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

View: https://twitter.com/initialG_A1/status/1782068313876799826
GLsrzLrbYAAQW7N

GLraHQ6bUAAaYYE

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if they had aura merch going into production as planned out or if they had to scramble when she became a big meme

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Frieren and Fern, alright I can get that, but Frieren coming in behind Aura and Ubel in a poll for her own series that carries her name feels like an insult, lol.
Honestly Aura being 2nd at all feels like an insult to the rest of the cast. People can't actually find her that intrresting compared to everyone else the series has shown, can they?

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Frieren and Fern, alright I can get that, but Frieren coming in behind Aura and Ubel in a poll for her own series that carries her name feels like an insult, lol.
Honestly Aura being 2nd at all feels like an insult to the rest of the cast. People can't actually find her that intrresting compared to everyone else the series has shown, can they?
This is the poll that allowed people to vote multiple times, Frieren came in 2nd when taking one vote per person into account.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aura being as popular as she is gets a huge side eye from me. Props though to the mimic for 10th place, well earned.

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
Haha I like the way the mimic chest got 10th as well. Didn't know Aura is THAT popular. Himmel 1st place is amazing to me

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
This is the poll that allowed people to vote multiple times, Frieren came in 2nd when taking one vote per person into account.
So it really is just memes from a minority, then. That part I could understand.
It just felt weird to say the second most popular character in the series was one who only appeared in like...however many chapters spanned 2 episodes of the anime, and who existed entirely for Frieren to show her up.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Whoops, I misremembered, Frieren was actually number one as she deserves. Also mimic number four as it deserves

The results when taking one vote per person into account:

1. Frieren
2. Himmel
3. Fern
4. Mimic
5. Stark
6. Ubel
7. Aura
8. Denken
9. Flamme
10. Sein

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whoops, I misremembered, Frieren was actually number one as she deserves. Also mimic number four as it deserves

1. Frieren
2. Himmel
3. Fern
4. Mimic
5. Stark
6. Ubel
7. Aura
8. Denken
9. Flamme
10. Sein
Stark losing to the mimic is cruel lol

Senjuro

Oct 10, 2019

1. Frieren
2. Himmel
3. Fern
4. Mimic
5. Stark
6. Ubel
7. Aura
8. Denken
9. Flamme
10. Sein
Himmel's popularity is baffling to me. He's more of a symbol than an actual character. Just an idealized good guy for Frieren to reminisce about.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Himmel's popularity is baffling to me. He's more of a symbol than an actual character. Just an idealized good guy for Frieren to reminisce about.

Well~ At least for me~~

There are spoiler in the future ch.107 on.
And another thing is, it's refreshing after all the Chunni "hero" and revenger hero that are popular now in alot of serie and LN.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

You're really surprised that an attractive character that's portrayed as being basically perfect has the most votes?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
how many other heroes knew that once you found the floor exit you have to go back and search the rest of the floor???

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
His popularity makes sense to me. He's basically Jesus. Weren't people saying that Japanese parents are telling their kids" do what Himmel would do" or something like that?

He's the typical "hero" character that tragically dies in the first chapter/episode, that the rest of the series keeps reminding you how awesome he is.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
🤷‍♂
I figured most would find that pretty one dimensional and boring.

Look at how high Aura is despite having nothing going for her, being a main character and what not gets you far for obvious reasons, but above all else people in these polls seem to love voting for characters they find cute/attractive lol

That said, I don't want to sell Himmel short. If I were able to vote in these things, I'd certainly vote for him too, I love his character, I don't see him as one dimensional at all.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
The thing with Himmel is that despite being death since the beginning he shows up constantly thanks to the flashbacks, we are not only told that he was a hero but are shown just why Frieren and al the people he interacted with remember him fondly.
Aura is 100% because she is the closest thing to a fanservice character for the series and a subset of fans really really like that kind of thing.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
The thing with Himmel is that despite being death since the beginning he shows up constantly thanks to the flashbacks, we are not only told that he was a hero but are shown just why Frieren and al the people he interacted with remember him fondly.
Aura is 100% because she is the closest thing to a fanservice character for the series and a subset of fans really really like that kind of thing.

And her chara archtype, the useless female heavenly king is also a popular chara type.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Linie is the token waifish little girl character that always pulls in popularity in these kind of works and doesn't really have any competition for that role, so her enduring popularity makes sense there. It helps that her confrontation with Stark was memorable in its own right.

MajorB

Apr 18, 2018
Himmel's popularity makes a little more sense if you've read the manga, which that poll is about.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished a rewatch with the english dub. You can appreciate the background art more when you're not focused on reading subtitles. The rewatch also made me appreciate how efficient the story telling was. In episode 2, you have Frieren take on an apprentice, you get Fern's backstory, and the conclusion of Heiter's. And that was all done in 10 minutes and you have another half of an episode after that. Bet you never felt like they rushed things.

I don't read manga at all and I've always been fine with waiting years for new seasons of shows I really like. But I was on Amazon and one of the later manga covers popped up in the recommendations. Just seeing the cover alone had me tempted....Problem is that if I read the Manga, then I'll just end doing more waiting for new chapters to be released and translated!

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get it, but I can't tell what the window they put over the potion is supposed to be.

It looks like cpu-z to me, a CPU information tool. Not sure of the context of the presentation, it could either mean "Give guys CPUs and they'll be thrilled", or if it's related to overlocking or something "Give guys a really fancy CPU setup and they'll be thrilled".

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Himmel is just the dead wife trope. His flashbacks get old but the show presents them very well.