• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I'm spoken.

• This is the way.

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • I'm stick with Sheev.

Votes: 60 65.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I respect your point of view and acknowledge that TROS could have been better,

But nooo. Noooooo. No no no. No. Definitely not those guys. Definitely not. Especially considering that, if I recall correctly, the EU said that Palpatine was trying to defend the galaxy from the Vong in his point of view. Bunch of op villains.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Palpatine is still better than this.

But I appreciate your love for the Vong and I hope they bring them back for you.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
You can't make those things good.

At all.
are you kidding, the base idea is a bunch of force immune aliens attack, it's such an incredibly basic thing of course you can make something good out of it. The Vong were planned to show up in the Clone Wars if it had went on. They already have a canon Vong like race called the Grysk, reveal that they can't feel the force and that's it, that's your new Vongs.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
are you kidding, the base idea is a bunch of force immune aliens attack, it's such an incredibly basic thing of course you can make something good out of it. The Vong were planned to show up in the Clone Wars if it had went on. They already have a canon Vong like race called the Grysk, reveal that they can't feel the force and that's it, that's your new Vongs.
"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together...... except those ugly motherfuckers. They no-sell the entire mythology of this universe because they need to powercreep the Jedi."

Yeah, no. The base idea of the Vong is garbage.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The EU was wiped out for a reason- because 99.9% of it is bad.

Just my opinion, don't hate me.
And then they turned Episode 9 into the worst of the old EU. Right down to having tons of planet-destroying super weapons pulled out of nowhere, bringing the Emperor back, regurgitating the Original Trilogy to hell and back, and absurd force-power levels.
"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together...... except those ugly motherfuckers. They no-sell the entire mythology of this universe because they need to powercreep the Jedi."

To be honest, I think this general idea behind the Vong was solid. They posed an ideological threat the Jedi. We were led to believe in the movies that the force is universal and resides in all living things. Then comes this new race that is completely disconnected from the force. The force basically does not acknowledge that they exist. So were we wrong, is the force actually not universal? Re-exploring unity with the force was a good direction to take the EU, especially considering how stagnant and repetitive it had become at the time. Not saying it or the Vong were done particularly well, but it was a sound idea in theory.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017

no one cares about that and I don't even like the Vong. You can make up any dumb lore nonsense to satisfy the nerds, you already have jedi who can cut themselves off the force and thus can no longer sense anything or be sensed. You can go an infinite number of routes that isn't just "oh these aliens can't be force pushed and mind tricked".

Like goddamn the bar is low here, they brought back a guy whole exploded in a nuclear reactor which then itself exploded in space and handwaved it with a meme. They're gonna make up some nonsense in the comics and that'll be it.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The vong was DBZ levels of powercreep nonsense and you know it.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
The vong was DBZ levels of powercreep nonsense and you know it.
good lord......

I do not like them, I mostly know about them through wookiepedia cause I just didn't care about reading the comics any more. The point.... once again..... is you can take a very basic idea and make it not shit through whatever changes are necessary. You know like not making them "dbz levels of powercreep". They were literally already planning to do this in the Clone Wars, they were gonna be called the Vong and look similar but with various changes. One of which being the nature of their force resistance, if they would've even had it all in the show, which is fine, I really don't care. They would've been distilled down to their basic core even more which is that of invading aliens from unknown regions.

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

i think i know who is the main villain on High Republic Era now.

piQomyK.jpg

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019
And then they turned Episode 9 into the worst of the old EU. Right down to having tons of planet-destroying super weapons pulled out of nowhere, bringing the Emperor back, regurgitating the Original Trilogy to hell and back, and absurd force-power levels.

I agree. I wish things were different, but... here we are.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Stop making so many Star Wars threads that don't need their own threads

Status
Not open for further replies.