• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What Do You Think From Software's New Game Will Be When Finally Revealed?

• New Soulsborne Title

Votes: 503 30.3%
  • New Tenchu Game

Votes: 233 14.0%
  • New Shadow Tower

Votes: 71 4.3%
  • Brand New or Unexpected IP

Votes: 642 38.6%
  • Metal Wolf Chaos 2 Obama Boogaloo

Votes: 213 12.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 4067

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People would really be disappointed if it's not Bloodborne 2? Why? It will be another classic FROM arpg no matter what title

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
The abruptness of the teaser leads me to believe they'll show a full trailer tomorrow. Why would they wait 6 months until E3 if we didn't even see anything this time?

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
If it was BB2 (really doubt this personally) I think it's completely within reason that they reveal the title with the same teaser and give a proper reveal next year.

It's possible. But they're not even having an actual conference this year. Don't want to seem like a debbie downer but I just think that it's unlikely. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

So, you are a game developer and you are going to this event to present your game that could be seen by thousands (maybe millions) of people... and you show this?

This does not make sense, you are basically wasting the perfect opportunity to show your new game, because ... why exactly?

What was the purpose of this? I just do not understand it.

Nov 11, 2017
Software
giphy.gif

So, you are a game developer and you are going to this event to present your game that could be seen by thousands (maybe millions) of people... and you show this?

This does not make sense, you are basically wasting the perfect opportunity to show your new game, because ... why exactly?

What was the purpose of this? I just do not understand it.

It's FS. They could tease a black screen just stating "coming soon" and people would lose their shit..

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. Hopefully this is the Switch project from the logo splash screen back at the January event.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
If it was Bloodborne 2 then it would have been a teaser from Sony, From is the developer but the IP is Sony. We would have seen a joint Sony/From logo at the end, no doubt.

Will be good to see From doing something different for their next project anyway.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Is the background an existing language ?

I just hope t's not an eastern setting, after Nioh I could use some change.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
From Software use to make a wide range of games before they became a Souls factory. Miyazaki has made abundantly clear he is burnt out on Souls and plans to make other things with his team for the near future, and yet people completely ignore what he says, insisting it's some kind of souls varient. Why are people so afraid of something new? The true test of a good developer that they can give you something you didn't know you wanted. Like Demon Souls back in the day. Have some trust, be open minded. After 5 variations on the same concept and other studios making souls-like for those who need it, it is a good time as another to try something completely new.
O cmon.. people want something only they can give.. Yes they have other ip's, other games but people didn't buy em.
They Bought the souls games and Bloodborne and that's what the fans want.

You know what makes this comment very ironic? Is that a lot of their old ips, like Shadow tower and kings field.. are still souls likes, lol. Especially ST:A where you even level up with SOULS, bunch of weapons and armor... So even if it's just over the next 20 hours, let us dream.. we're so close!

...and if it doesn't turn out to be what we want and salt ensues.. then we can take it, as we are obviously gluttons for punishment.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
It's ok lol. I'd take that too.

Maybe that Bandai Namco event will reveal more.

Nah I don't think there's any BN event. I don't know who started that rumor but now that SCVI was revealed, kind of makes it moot. You'd think if there was an event people would be hyping it up and Namco themselves would announce it well in advance.