Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I'd think maybe another team while Osaka is working on the DLC and then starting work on 4, but who knows.
I don't really think there is another team that can make KH while Osaka does their thing. I don't think they usually outsource KH games to outside studio so unless things change, I don't see it happening..

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Why did no one tell me about this?
Dunno if you saw the movie, but I'll sum up the parts you likely care about.

Since Sora sort of "died" (I didn't play it and don't understand the ending), he wakes up on a street....in Shibuya. The camera shows buildings and cars and stuff, and clearly 104 in the font of the 104 store from TWEWY. It is 100% a reference to TWEWY, since Neku said in Dream Drop Distance that he would see Sora in Shibuya some day.

Nov 19, 2017
Btw for people asking this question

It'll be interesting to see what the Star Wars license is like by time KH4 releases. EA has it until 2023 with the current deal, and there's no way KH4 is out before then, so... maybe it'll be in?

As for Marvel, that seems like it'd be quite easy since Square is making the Avengers game. Some properties would fit better than others, in particular I can see Asgard translating very well.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
What if Nomura considers "IV" to be too great a number to start a saga? Notice he did say one more before that, and not "one more before the new saga".

Oct 25, 2017
If they keep the regular gameplay, I don't care what it's called. Main issue with the spinoffs is that they weren't that good, not that they weren't called KH III.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
Considering BBS is one of the best games in the series and it's a side game, I'm cool with this. Just give me more KH and I'll be satisfied

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
And they'll release them in a platform that KH3 players don't have. I can't believe people support this kind of practice.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I understand this is a dream. But I'm going to say it anyway.

Kingdom Hearts: (Subtitle Here)

Exclusive to Switch. You play as Sora, along with Donald and Goofy. It plays similar to KH3/KH2 but instead of Disney worlds, Sora, Donald and Goofy visit Nintendo-themed worlds.

Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, Zebes, Kanto, DK Island, Inkopolis, Lylat System.

Even an Animal Crossing world in place of 100 Acre Woods, filled with mini-games.

I need it so badly.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I understand this is a dream. But I'm going to say it anyway.

Kingdom Hearts: (Subtitle Here)

Exclusive to Switch. You play as Sora, along with Donald and Goofy. It plays similar to KH3/KH2 but instead of Disney worlds, Sora, Donald and Goofy visit Nintendo-themed worlds.

Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, Zebes, Kanto, DK Island, Inkopolis, Lylat System.

Even an Animal Crossing world in place of 100 Acre Woods, filled with mini-games.

I need it so badly.

I'm sure Disney would be super happy with their IP being used without any of their own content in it!

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
There are no more PSPs or 3DSs out there, though. The next Kingdom Hearts will be in the exact same format and in the exact same platforms that Kingdom Hearts IV would be in. It just won't be called IV.
I don't think this is true. They could easily do a Switch game for 2021 and KH4 could be next-gen years after that. I don't know why anyone would expect KH4 this gen.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
wat

You would be going through the entire game with Donald and Goofy.

I promise you, if someone at Square/Nintendo pitched this, it would be an easy "yes" for them. It would be a massive seller.

There's never going to be a KH game with no Disney worlds. The Disney worlds are why the series exists.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
If the next game is anything close to KH 3 I'm not interested anyway. The game took away everything that was fun about the series. But hey now we have 1000000 cutscenes of boring dialogue and exposition that I already knew.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe you should show off even a screenshot of ff7r before talking about another two games since weve been waiting for that for forever now.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I don't really think there is another team that can make KH while Osaka does their thing. I don't think they usually outsource KH games to outside studio so unless things change, I don't see it happening..
What? KH1 and 2 were S-E Tokyo. Chain of Memories was Jupiter. 358/2 Days and Re:Coded was h.a.n.d. Re:Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep, and 3D was S-E Osaka. KH is developed where ever Nomura can find staff.