• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

"Jurassic World Evolution 2 is the latest successful addition to our portfolio, already selling nearly 1 million base game units since release in November 2021"

"Elite Dangerous experienced a difficult calendar 2021 following the disappointing launch of the major Odyssey expansion in May 2021. We continue to support the game and our passionate players with development updates, and we have seen an upturn in player sentiment as a result."

"Frontier Foundry, our own games label for third-party publishing, continues to grow with a number of exciting titles in discussion as well as those already signed. We have at least four titles coming in calendar 2022 including FAR: Changing Tides and Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters."

"We are very well positioned for the future. This calendar year will see us enter the incredible world of Formula 1 - a truly global sport - with the first release for our annual F1 management game franchise. Furthermore, it will see Foundry continuing to build momentum to become a material contributor to the business, and we will see the release of Universal Picture's hugely anticipated Jurassic World Dominion film, and the expected corresponding benefit to Jurassic World Evolution 2."

"
The first of our annual Formula 1® management games will release during the 2022 F1 season (in FY23), as part of our exclusive licence for Formula 1® management games

· Jurassic World Evolution 2 is expected to benefit from the release of the Jurassic World Dominion film in June 2022 (in FY23) and all the promotional awareness that this film release will bring to the game, with multiple exciting PDLC packs planned through the year

· Planet Zoo will also benefit from a continuing roadmap of new PDLC packs

· Frontier Foundry, our games label for 3rd​ party publishing, will release multiple new titles as it continues to grow

Our Warhammer Age of Sigmar IP real-time strategy game planned for release during calendar 2023 will now release later in that calendar year, falling in FY24. This change will further improve the quality and longevity of the game, and overall make it more successful. As a result of this scheduling adjustment, the Board have revised the revenue guidance range for FY23 to £130 million to £160 million, implying 18% to 45% annual growth from the mid-point of FY22 guidance.

We have excellent prospects for sustainable long-term growth based on the longevity of our existing portfolio and our future development and publishing plans, underpinned by our world-class and growing team."

FY24 starts April 2023 for Frontier.

Last edited:

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, so the team that make Elite has a publishing arm? I wasn't aware of that. Had no idea they are British either. I bought it at launch and never played it.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking finally, they talk about the F1 Manager game. I really hope it's good, it will scratch a very important itch in my brain.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised they're still bothering to keep Elite on life support.

Feels to me like the game has been on life support since like 2016.

I spent a good deal of time on it since initial beta and loved it, but it seems every single thing they add is a new layer of grind to an already grind game... As if they're desperately trying to keep people playing the game without adding meaningful stuff to it. It's sad because the gameplay, sound design and world are great, the biggest issues is the gameplay loop with, the way the rewards are drip fed, and everything you want to do takes ages and ages. Those things are mostly adjustments that wouldn't even be so hard to change, which makes it all the more infuriating : it's a great game made horrible by a few variables.

I feel very sour towards Elite nowadays, and have found X4 to be a much more rewarding experience with a real sense of progression and effect on the world by the player.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Could you expand on this? I was gonna pick it up during the steam summer sales most likley.

The campaign part like the first game is now extra game modes. The campaign in this game is what should be the extra game modes. It's hard to describe but you don't really feel progression like the first game.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The campaign part like the first game is now extra game modes. The campaign in this game is what should be the extra game modes. It's hard to describe but you don't really feel progression like the first game.

I kind of get what you mean by this, it's weird. My theory is that the campaign was totally thrown by the movie delay. I reckon the campaign was supposed to be all based on the movie (based on what small campaign is there) and will now be released later as an expansion. I reckon what was probably planned as extra content down the road made it in to the game as the Chaos Theory mode. And that's now kinda the meat of the game. Who knows though. You're bang on right that it feels back to front though.

It's kinda wild but I still adore the game. It's in my GOTY top ten vote here. Love it to bits.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I'm surprised they're still bothering to keep Elite on life support.
How is Elite on life support? The over-the-top cool kids hyperbole here is unbelievable sometimes...the game is doing well and certainly much better than at Odyssey launch, just had a major update last month that alot of people loved.

LOL at "I loved this game when it was in beta"...the game is literally 400x better since then

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I kind of get what you mean by this, it's weird. My theory is that the campaign was totally thrown by the movie delay. I reckon the campaign was supposed to be all based on the movie (based on what small campaign is there) and will now be released later as an expansion. I reckon what was probably planned as extra content down the road made it in to the game as the Chaos Theory mode. And that's now kinda the meat of the game. Who knows though. You're bang on right that it feels back to front though.

It's kinda wild but I still adore the game. It's in my GOTY top ten vote here. Love it to bits.
I loved the first one but I just can't get my head round the second one. I pre-ordered it and everything. I'll no doubt give it another go at some point.

SmartBase

Self-requested ban
Dec 17, 2017
How is Elite on life support? The over-the-top cool kids hyperbole here is unbelievable sometimes...the game is doing well and certainly much better than at Odyssey launch, just had a major update last month that alot of people loved.

LOL at "I loved this game when it was in beta"...the game is literally 400x better since then

It's now two miles wide and an inch deep!

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played JW2 yet, but I have been playing a fuckton of Planet Zoo lately. Good to see Frontier continue to earn their well deserved success.

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
I hope their F1 game is fantastic and not just average like the Jurassic World and Planet Coaster.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Who are you even talking to? What beta?

You know who they are talking to, and what they are referring to. I remember Elite's very early days, when it was competing with Star Citizen, and both released early builds.

One just happened to reach 1.0.

I have no love of Elite, I dipped my toes in for two hours and bounced after deciding I didn't like it. But as someone who tried it, the aggressiveness is unbecoming, game is fine.