• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone saying Disney Princess Storylines should not need to revolve around Love Interests and Romance does realise that Anna and Kristoff are likely going to get married in this film, right?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I continue to be convinced that some folks come up with fanfic in their head, then get mad when it doesn't play out that way IRL. Come on now... This is ridiculous.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone saying Disney Princess Storylines should not need to revolve around Love Interests and Romance does realise that Anna and Kristoff are likely going to get married in this film, right?
And I guess she'll become a lesser character because of it. Oh crap, I guess Rapunzel is now terrible too, someone should tell the writers of the cartoon to tone that love story down.

And let us not forget, as some wise souls have already pointed out in this thread, that Moana and Merida have already eschewed romantic partners in their films so it isn't like this is some new ground being struck. There is a reason this is being talked about at all(I don't recall there being much discourse about Moana in this regard) and it has nothing to do with making Elsa a strong independent woman, or making a feminist statement, or the integrity of the story that they want to tell. It begins and ends with the lesbian can of worms they opened and now they don't want to piss anyone off.