DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XotnyLjS8fo
Anya Taylor-Joy and Chris Hemsworth star in Academy Award-winning mastermind George Miller's "Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga," the much-anticipated return to the iconic dystopian world he created more than 30 years ago with the seminal "Mad Max" films. Miller now turns the page again with an all-new original, standalone action adventure that will reveal the origins of the powerhouse character from the multiple Oscar-winning global smash "Mad Max: Fury Road." The new feature from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures is produced by Miller and his longtime partner, Oscar-nominated producer Doug Mitchell ("Mad Max: Fury Road," "Babe"), under their Australian-based Kennedy Miller Mitchell banner.
As the world fell, young Furiosa is snatched from the Green Place of Many Mothers and falls into the hands of a great Biker Horde led by the Warlord Dementus. Sweeping through the Wasteland, they come across the Citadel presided over by The Immortan Joe. While the two Tyrants war for dominance, Furiosa must survive many trials as she puts together the means to find her way home.

Taylor-Joy stars in the title role, and along with Hemsworth, the film also stars Alyla Browne and Tom Burke.
Miller penned the script with "Mad Max: Fury Road" co-writer Nico Lathouris. Miller's behind-the-scenes creative team includes first assistant director PJ Voeten and second unit director and stunt coordinator Guy Norris, director of photography Simon Duggan ("Hacksaw Ridge," "The Great Gatsby"), composer Tom Holkenborg, sound designer Robert Mackenzie, editor Eliot Knapman, visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson and colorist Eric Whipp. The team also includes other longtime collaborators: production designer Colin Gibson, editor Margaret Sixel, sound mixer Ben Osmo, costume designer Jenny Beavan and makeup designer Lesley Vanderwalt, each of whom won an Oscar for their work on "Mad Max: Fury Road."

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
if it doesn't shit the bed I think Im guaranteed to watch this at least twice in theaters lol. second time in IMAX.

so glad MIller is back with the franchise. I hope its a success so he gets to make the Mad Max movie.

OP
OP
DinkyDev

DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
Still some ropey looking CG and green screen going on. The CG at 0:55 of the VW camper van being pushed off the cliff was particularly noticable.

Got my ticket already though. Can't wait.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
CG (whether noticeable or just the effect of being noticeable) still looking eh when the van was pushed off and during the two characters' zoom-in shots coming out of the hatch.

Also still not convinced that Hemsworth can pull this off. Please be good :)

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Color grading difference from the initial trailer.

4f0WaUX.jpeg

oO5FSAX.jpeg

mookie1515

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait. Trying to regather my Mad Max cosplay crew to see it all together! LFG!

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
I was literally the first ticket purchased for the showing I'm going to. Nice and center baby!

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Obviously we don't have a concrete answer to this question yet….But do we think Furiosa would okay for my 12 year old son to join us? I'm trying to pick up IMAX tickets for one my wife's Mother's Day gifts amd thought we could make it a family thing. The MPAA says strong violence but that could mean anything.

The first one was tame for me.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously we don't have a concrete answer to this question yet….But do we think Furiosa would okay for my 12 year old son to join us? I'm trying to pick up IMAX tickets for one my wife's Mother's Day gifts amd thought we could make it a family thing. The MPAA says strong violence but that could mean anything.

show him fury road and if he likes that he'll like the second one. If he's too overloaded, not for him. Its just gonna be a bit of extra violence, I know me and my brothers could handle it fine at that age but everyone is different. You can spot check IMAX seats, i know around me theaters are still 90% empty for imax tickets that weekend right now.

Garfield opens the same day and may be a more enjoyable family movie but it really just depends on if your wife and son hate or love Garfield. If (Krazinski's "imaginary friend" movie) will also be out a week at that point and may be another option.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
I loved the last movie, but this trailer does nothing for me. It looks more of the same and I know what characters can't die. I'm sure I would enjoy it, but I'll wait for the reviews.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
Bought tickets for two different showings on the 25th. Yeah I'm gonna see this m-f'er twice in one day.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
show him fury road and if he likes that he'll like the second one. If he's too overloaded, not for him. Its just gonna be a bit of extra violence, I know me and my brothers could handle it fine at that age but everyone is different. You can spot check IMAX seats, i know around me theaters are still 90% empty for imax tickets that weekend right now.

Garfield opens the same day and may be a more enjoyable family movie but it really just depends on if your wife and son hate or love Garfield. If (Krazinski's "imaginary friend" movie) will also be out a week at that point and may be another option.

I think he's gonna love Fury Road. Good call on If as a backup!

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
"[George Miller] is my God, and the SAGA that he tells is my Bible."

Kojima's review almost reads like an over the top copypasta lol, I have no doubts he's being 100% genuine though. Hype. Day one for me.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
George Miller and Denis Villanueve should start a I hate dialogue club. Not to be confused with the I hate good dialogue club, of which there are many members, like whomever made Madame Web.