• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Things are finally gearing up for the upcoming post-apocalypse prequel, Mad Max: Furiosa, with filming reportedly set to begin from as early as March. The New Daily, a publication based in Australia where production on Furiosa will take place, has reported that businesses in New South Wales are preparing for a busy period as "entire caravan parks, Airbnbs and hotels have been visited by location producers and many have been booked."

The report goes on to state that "businesses from the Murrumbidgee River to outback towns around Broken Hill" are looking forward to a huge financial injection following the struggle caused by the ongoing global circumstances, with production hoping to begin filming on Mad Max: Furiosa, which stars Anya Taylor-Joy and Chris Hemsworth, from mid-March to June.
Mad Max: Furiosa is expected to be the biggest movie ever made in Australia, with Screen NSW previously describing the monumental production as an "important win" for the state as well as the wider film industry. "With NSW employing 56 per cent of the Australian screen industry, the production is expected to support more than 850 local jobs and bring around $350 million into the NSW economy," their statement last year read.
Furiosa will follow the titular rebel warrior, who was introduced to audiences in 2015's stellar action flick Mad Max: Fury Road. The prequel will explore the origin of the character long before she became the inspiring operator of Immortan Joe's War Rig and joined forces with Tom Hardy's Mad Max Rockatansky. George Miller is returning to co-write, direct and produce the project alongside his longtime Oscar-nominated producing partner Doug Mitchell, with the story set to span many years

"I didn't set out to make a big, epic movie," Miller said in April last year. "It's a story I wanted to tell. But as it turns out, it's just got a lot of different scenes. The one thing I can say about it is, Fury Road happened over three days and two nights, but this is a saga. It happens over many years. So there's a lot of different elements to it."

More at:

Witness me if old

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
Man I've been waiting for a new Mad Max movie since Fury Road. Is there a reason why this took so long to start filming? I swear it was announced soon after FR

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this one gets from principal photography to theaters faster than Fury Road did.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Wonder if there's an actual screenplay this time, was amazed to learn that Fury Road was a mix of storyboarded/comic-esque panelling and some typed up pages.

Jun 24, 2019
I've waited so long for this!!

Kinda sad that Charlize is not casted as Furiosa this time around, but it's understandable. Hope Anya can pull it off!!

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch it but I don't know why they went with this over a sequel or a spin-off staring Charlize.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Hemsworth? What, will he play a younger Rictus Erectus or what 😂

I love Fury Road and would love another Hardy Mad Max or more Theron Furiosa, but this will a must see cinema experience with a giant screen and loud everything I bet. The pandemic should be properly over when it releases, too.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guess this means he's pretty much done with the djinn romance movie he was working on with Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton? Because I've been looking forward to that for a while now.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I still dont understand why Fury Road needed a prequel but I trust George Miller and I'll watch it on day 1.

I really hope he follows through and makes the Tom Hardy Mad Max: Wasteland sequel after this.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
It'll probably be fine, but I still would rather just have a proper Mad Max movie.

Yeah, same. I'm sure the movie will be great but I wish we had another Mad Max movie instead. The fact it's a prequel on top of everything isn't really hyping me up though.

I'm sure the movie will be a fun watch just, eh.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I really hope that we eventually get Three Thousand Years of Longing from George. He's a great director.

But! Legit excited for the film. Anya Taylor Joy is great.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
0 hype cuz i don't like that actress for some reason.

bunk-moreland.gif

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of the first flick, the entire Mad Max series has been really great in different ways, so I'm pumped for this.

Rewatched them all recently, and the creation myth the band of kids present Max with in Beyond Thunderdome is pure cinema magic. Also, the final 20 minutes of that film just is Fury Road.
I really hope that we eventually get Three Thousand Years of Longing from George. He's a great director.

But! Legit excited for the film. Anya Taylor Joy is great.
It's in post.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I trust Millar.

|Really curious how he puts Hemsworth to use here. I like Chris, just very interested in seeing what kind of character he plays.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I admire George and adore FURY ROAD but this film feels like a mistake on a few fronts. Can't wait to be wrong.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Outside of the first flick, the entire Mad Max series has been really great in different ways, so I'm pumped for this.

Rewatched them all recently, and the creation myth the band of kids present Max with in Beyond Thunderdome is pure cinema magic. Also, the final 20 minutes of that film just is Fury Road.

It's in post.
No kidding! That's great news! Thanks!

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
This is very exciting, but shit man I'm still a little bummed too.

Still, can't wait. Man's last movie is a classic

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Hotmmortan Joe?

I am sure they will fuck him up with makeup etc. like everyone in that world is. Outside of main good guys.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Hotmmortan Joe?

I am sure they will fuck him up with makeup etc. like everyone in that world is. Outside of main good guys.
Maybe the twist is that Immortan Joe looked crazy good when he was a bit younger, with women and men swooning all over him, and after achieving everything he wanted, he just really let himself go and went full Trump?