• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Once again, G-MODE is doing god's work and bringing back all these games from Japanese flip phones that were believed to be lost forever.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2850150/GMODE_3__THE_FIRST_MISSION/

Release date is not given yet, but I imagine it will be fairly soon. They have been announcing these not too far out from release.

This is an action game prequel to Persona 3 based on Aigis. I've not played it, I have no idea how good or bad it is, it's just exciting to see this archived.

Jul 1, 2020
If the game is good then I think it's only a matter of time before someone finds a way to patch the game with an English translation.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, hope it gets an English patch from the community like the Persona 1 mobile game did.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they're preserving this but also what the hell.

This will be interesting to see, even if it's apparently not very great.

Nov 18, 2017
had no idea G-Mode Archives was on steam, ive been buying Yen eshop cards to grab some of these.
Love to see titles like this preserved, early mobile games i feel are some of the most at risk of being truly lost media.

Ingueferroque

Dec 26, 2023
New York, NY
I just wish they could somehow add an English translation.

The community was able to translate earlier G-Mode releases, so is it a rights issue? Surely G-Mode is aware that these could make a nice splash in the West given the popularity of the brand?

Will show my support anyhow - I love what G-Mode is doing. (Also check out OU from them, great adventure game)

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
so how long till fan patch available 😂 I saw the gameplay on youtube its almost too good for a mobile phone game

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, didn't think we'd ever see this playable on modern platforms. I'll be looking into getting it.

OP
OP
HylianSeven

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of G-MODE... omg, could Pied Piper be a possibility?
They have been doing a lot of previously lost Japanese flip phone games. To name a few: Last Bible New Testament trilogy, the Persona 1 mobile spinoff, Majin Tensei Blind Thinker. Without a doubt we will get more of these.

Kirby64

Aug 16, 2020
Definitely a W for preservation, wasn't there like a single incomplete video of this game before this releasee or something?

Kinda rankles when I think about the sheer amount of phone games that must be lost.