OP
OP
Ulbrick

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England
Oh snap I wake up to find the thread not locked!?

Will threadmark & update OP with the news about the press conference being cancelled...

Edit: I'm going to need mod help with this...

I've added something to the OP about metacommentary, if it's unhelpful/not warrented please edit and delete it... I don't want to be seen as stirring.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017
The fake texting stuff is so bizarre, even for this case. Not sure what to make of it.
If any thought had been put into this, it seemed the strategy was to lawyer up and hope a body was never recovered. Not knowing when she died would drastically widen the area for searching and significantly decrease the possibility of finding her. I was a little worried this strategy would work too. Finding Gabby not only gives her family some sense of closure, but also drastically increases the chances of him going to jail for murder.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If any thought had been put into this, it seemed the strategy was to lawyer up and hope a body was never recovered. Not knowing when she died would drastically widen the area for searching and significantly decrease the possibility of finding her. I was a little worried this strategy would work too. Finding Gabby not only gives her family some sense of closure, but also drastically increases the chances of him going to jail for murder.
yeah Yellowstone is like 50+ miles away from where she was found. Divert them to a search in a useless area was clearly the goal. Those Youtubers who drove past are probably the only reason there is any closure

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
You think he told his parents before he returned to Florida?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
yeah Yellowstone is like 50+ miles away from where she was found. Divert them to a search in a useless area was clearly the goal. Those Youtubers who drove past are probably the only reason there is any closure

It's wild if you can supposedly see someone digging in the Youtubers dash cam footage.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
it's actually absolutely mindblowing to me that possibly the only reason that a missing Youtuber was found was because other Youtubers by sheer coincidence drove past, were filming and then also realized that was the car of said missing Youtuber.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Does he think he will win this war of attrition? Just turn yourself in. Face the music.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Eerie photo via that deer cam, does look like him too. Would add to the irony of youtubers spotting the van, if he's again spotted by an enthusiast with a camera in the middle of nowhere. The panopticon world we live in.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You think he told his parents before he returned to Florida?

I would be shocked if he didn't. Dude's clearly not a criminal mastermind by any stretch of the imagination, so it doesn't really make sense for him to drive hundreds upon hundreds of miles back home, alone, in her van, without telling his family what happened first.

If he had even a shred of humanity in him he probably would've needed to talk to SOMEONE about it - if he didn't MEAN to kill her, he wouldn't want to be alone with his thoughts for three thousand miles, and if he did mean to kill her, he probably needed someone to tell him what to do next.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
The cancelled press conference could literally be they got a warning they are under investigation. They might not get prosecuted in the end but yeah they've been an active hinderance for a while now.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Yes.

Continuing to have a back and forth with them will likely cause this thread to get locked for the third time, which is aggravating as fuck as this is a major news story and it's hard to stay up to date when the relevant threads are locked.
I don't know why people aren't just being banned (or thread banned) instead of threads continually being locked. It doesn't make sense.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
He has to realise he doesn't stand a chance of actually making it if he's still alive with the FBI searching far and wide. Assuming it wasn't premeditated then he effectively just packed a bag and ran. It's not like he has any ability to feign ignorance about being wanted.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I wondered that too. I believe someone earlier in the thread said a police officer mentioned on TV that they did in fact see him at least once at his parents house but did not speak to him because he refused to talk.

So if that's correct it puts a police sighting of him somewhere between September 11th when she was reported missing and September 14th. The 14th is both the date his parents claim he went missing and when the press/media started showing up outside their house and the press/media never saw him.
I can 100% for certain say I saw a clip of North Port Police Officer Josh Taylor say that police saw Brian at the home, but they did not speak with him. Unfortunately this was at least 5 days ago, and Taylor has given quite a few interviews at this point so I haven't been able to track it down. I posted the clip in one the other two threads.

Is it possible he was mistaken? Anything is possible, it was early in the case. But Taylor likely read the police reports so he would have known what the officers had written, plus, there doesn't seem to by any doubt by the police that Brian left around the 14th.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
He has to realise he doesn't stand a chance of actually making it if he's still alive with the FBI searching far and wide.

That's the way I see it too. Some people reckon that he could have fled overseas, but I don't think it's that simple. Unless he has a boatload of money and connections, I don't see how making it abroad in even the medium term would be particularly viable unless he wants to live on the streets. For an example of this, here in the UK there was the case some years ago of a dumbass teacher who ran off with an underage student. They managed to get one country over before being caught and sent back, and that was with freedom of movement throughout the whole of the EU and the legal right to work. I can't imagine that even countries without extradition treaties are going to be that keen on granting asylum to someone wanted in connection with a murder. There's no political points to be scored.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Well I'm glad to know this is now an FBI led investigation, because I really don't trust the competence of the North Port Police, here.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's close but I really don't think so. The jawline is a lot different. Who knows, impossible to say for sure one way or the other. The hairline is pretty close though.

Seems to be wearing the same clothes though and the backpack is the same as the one photographed in the van so will be one hell of a coincidence if not

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's close but I really don't think so. The jawline is a lot different. Who knows, impossible to say for sure one way or the other. The hairline is pretty close though.

When, chronogically, was the last time we saw pics/video of Brian? Was it the bodycam footage? I don't remember if he had shaved his beard or not.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
His lawyer is sitting with a two star review on Google right now after getting review bombed. You love to see it. Best comment so far. "He loses clients….literally"

Yeah but a deer camera …. Keep in mind is a wide angle lens which will lend itself to some sort of distortion to proportions no?

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
The backpack matches one photographed in the back of the van. If it's not him and just someone that closely resembles him that would be a huge coincidence.

That said, it seems like authorities are resuming their search of the wilderness reserve he was supposedly going hiking in on Tuesday.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Hmm, that photo does look similar, however I also think Brian might have one of the least distinct appearances a suspect could have, so taking these sighting reports with a pile of salt. I personally know 3 guys that could pass for him at a distance; hell, I probably could myself.

Seems to be wearing the same clothes though and the backpack is the same as the one photographed in the van so will be one hell of a coincidence if not
Eh, the clothes don't look the same to me, not to the side-by-side photo nor the 'guy walking down the street' photo people have been referencing. It's definitely a collared shirt given the V formation at the ends of the shirt, so not the clothes of the guy walking, but it's way baggier and the sleeves are longer than the shirt he's wearing in the side-by-side. The guy in the trail cam is wearing pants, not shorts, but there's no visible side stripe like the walking guy photo.

As for the backpack, is there a clear picture of it somewhere? This is the only one I've seen, and I can't even tell that it's definitively a backpack, let alone the same one.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Do you think that trailcam image is making them go back to searching the woods?

VENICE, Fla. — The search for Brian Laundrie will resume Tuesday in the Carlton Reserve.

North Port Police along with the FBI are asking for continued public assistance by sharing any information through the tip line at 1-800-CALL FBI.

Monday the FBI wrapped up the search warrant of Brian Laundrie's family home, but that wasn't the only home law enforcement visited.

www.fox4now.com

North Port Police Department resume search for Brian Laundrie in the Carlton Reserve

The search for Brian Laundrie will resume Tuesday in the Carlton Reserve

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely the same backpack. I'd bet on that being him. Too much of a coincidence otherwise.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
That's the way I see it too. Some people reckon that he could have fled overseas, but I don't think it's that simple. Unless he has a boatload of money and connections, I don't see how making it abroad in even the medium term would be particularly viable unless he wants to live on the streets. For an example of this, here in the UK there was the case some years ago of a dumbass teacher who ran off with an underage student. They managed to get one country over before being caught and sent back, and that was with freedom of movement throughout the whole of the EU and the legal right to work. I can't imagine that even countries without extradition treaties are going to be that keen on granting asylum to someone wanted in connection with a murder. There's no political points to be scored.
He has no reasonable connections that would avoid FBI resources. Canada has a closed border right now. And Mexico is another ally with an extradition treaty.

He doesn't come from wealth either.

He can't take airplanes due to the database checking systems. FBI would be alerted immediately. And anyone that harbors him would be liable for federal crimes.

He may die of thirst or exposure in the woods. Not the brightest bulb in the shed.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He has no reasonable connections that would avoid FBI resources. Canada has a closed border right now. And Mexico is another ally with an extradition treaty.

He doesn't come from wealth either.

He can't take airplanes due to the database checking systems. FBI would be alerted immediately. And anyone that harbors him would be liable for federal crimes.

He may die of thirst or exposure in the woods. Not the brightest bulb in the shed.
I hope this looser doesn't die.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
That picture doesn't really look like him to me. Dude out there looking way too casual for a guy on the run hiding

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Charge him with murder? Over what? There were no witnesses. They were together for months so there's no realistic way for DNA evidence to be meaningful. If the autopsy says she died from a fall, then what the hell can they charge him with? What shows it wasn't an accident, a suicide while he was sleeping, etc?

You can't charge people with murder over gut feeling. There's no evidence ATM and if she died from a fall then as long as he stays 100% silent it will be very hard to charge him with anything. And if the autopsy says she was strangled or something before she fell? Manslaughter at best.

He didn't stay silent because he was hoping they wouldn't find the body. He stayed silent because if he doesn't say anything then literally nobody else knows what happened. And if the autopsy says she died from a fall then that's it, it'll be very hard to charge him with anything.

I personally think the most likely scenario is that she was murdered, but right now there's nothing proving that her death wasn't murder and we can't just start charging people with murder based solely on speculation. So honestly I recommend not getting your hopes up TBH

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017

VENICE, Fla. — The search for Brian Laundrie will resume Tuesday in the Carlton Reserve.

North Port Police along with the FBI are asking for continued public assistance by sharing any information through the tip line at 1-800-CALL FBI.

Monday the FBI wrapped up the search warrant of Brian Laundrie's family home, but that wasn't the only home law enforcement visited.

www.fox4now.com

North Port Police Department resume search for Brian Laundrie in the Carlton Reserve

I'm thinking so. I wonder how often that cam picks people up walking by it? If it never happens or it's really rare, I think the FBI might think it's worth a try.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Charge him with murder? Over what? There were no witnesses. They were together for months so there's no realistic way for DNA evidence to be meaningful. If the autopsy says she died from a fall, then what the hell can they charge him with? What shows it wasn't an accident, a suicide while he was sleeping, etc?

You can't charge people with murder over gut feeling. There's no evidence ATM and if she died from a fall then as long as he stays 100% silent it will be very hard to charge him with anything.

He didn't stay silent because he was hoping they wouldn't find the body. He stayed silent because if he doesn't say anything then literally nobody else knows what happened. And if the autopsy says she died from a fall then that's it, it'll be very hard to charge him with anything.

I personally think the most likely scenario is that she was murdered, but right now there's nothing proving that her death wasn't murder and we can't just start charging people with murder based solely on speculation. So honestly I recommend not getting your hopes up TBH

If they catch him, it'll be very difficult for him to stay 100% silent.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017

www.fox4now.com

Seems like the Reserve search was started without knowledge of the cam footage. The Carlton Reserve is a near 7 hour drive south of where this trail cam is setup.

My theory is his parents drove him north and dropped him off near the panhandle and told the FBI he went south. That plus the 3 day head start on reporting him missing gave him a ton of time.

I find it very odd the FBI still seems to trust what his family says given how shady they've been the entire time.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
His lawyer is sitting with a two star review on Google right now after getting review bombed. You love to see it. Best comment so far. "He loses clients….literally"

Yeah but a deer camera …. Keep in mind is a wide angle lens which will lend itself to some sort of distortion to proportions no?

His attorney is just doing his job, even murderers get constitutional rights. Its pretty childish to review bomb the attorney, he did not do anything wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
His attorney is just doing his job, even murderers get constitutional rights. Its pretty childish to review bomb the attorney, he did not do anything wrong.

Im not going to feel sorry for the lawyer. If he didn't want to be involved he could have recommended they get a criminal attorney. It's clear this family lawyer isn't quipped to deal with this situation

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
Im not going to feel sorry for the lawyer. If he didn't want to be involved he could have recommended they get a criminal attorney. It's clear this family lawyer isn't quipped to deal with this situation

Im sure he did. Celebrating an attorney getting review bombed for merely doing his job and protecting a defendant's constitutional rights is intellectually dishonest.