Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Bald white dudes all over the country are probably hating this manhunt because of all the randoms taking pics of them in public.

Oct 25, 2017
hey look, a generic white guy shot with potato cam.

this is my problem with this internet sleuthing, first of all get a better damn picture, second of all if you really believe its him call the FBI.

Real talk. I have a friend that could look like Brian if you took a pic of him from a distance. I'm with you. This sleuthing shit needs to stop. Can you imagine being and investigator having to go through all these tips?

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Been seriously thinking it's time to go full Casper the friendly ghost... In today's times I hate everything I look like and don't associate with at all...
Hah I hear you. Been bald for around 14 years now (gawd, can't believe it's been that long) and while I've had a beard from time to time my "default" look is the Bezos short stubble hair and clean shave. I feel like I gotta have a little contrast in there.

Oct 25, 2017
the bolded text is astonishingly flippant, considering what's being talked about is an innocent person being accused of murder.

EDIT: not judging you directly, only saying that "thems" should NOT be "the breaks" in cases like this IMO.
An innocent person isn't being accused of murder. An innocent person is being misidentified as a murderer. If they really, really, really look like him, the police will stop them to identify them, they'll produce their ID showing that they're not Brian (which the don't talk to police crowd should be on board with) and it'll be done and over with.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I don't see what's funny. Yes it's their job but with the nature of this case and the internet sleuthing is clearly them dealing with more bullshit.
they deal with internet sleuthing / tons of false tips and reports all the time, idk why you're acting like this is suddenly a huge thing

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
the bolded text is astonishingly flippant, considering what's being talked about is an innocent person being accused of murder.

EDIT: not judging you directly, only saying that "thems" should NOT be "the breaks" in cases like this IMO.
... Where did I say that they're accused of murder because they look like him?
in what world are you living in?

In many violent crime cases if the perpetrator isn't caught within a few days, more often than not, they are either caught committing a different crime, are caught in a routine traffic stop, or they are caught by anonymous tip.

but in particular if you put someone's picture up on TV and or the internet they're expecting to get tips, just a few minutes of national tv time could literally net 100s or thousands of tips with people saying they have seen that person. So naturally some people are going to get misidentified. But its not like the FBI is coming to knock on literally everyone's door, so its not really a big deal and my "thems the breaks" was more in regards to the few times a tip is submitted and the FBI or whoever deems it credible to go look at that person and they're not actually the person that committed the crime.

Last edited:

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
An innocent person isn't being accused of murder. An innocent person is being misidentified as a murderer. If they really, really, really look like him, the police will stop them to identify them, they'll produce their ID showing that they're not Brian (which the don't talk to police crowd should be on board with) and it'll be done and over with.
This is assuming all police interactions go perfectly swimmingly

Usagi

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a weird response. Everyone wants him to be found. But Dogs involvement could actually damage their approach by spreading information that they (LE/FBI) might want to keep close to their chest. And yes, knowing that Dog is a terrible person probably doing this for profit *might* sour some people.

Not really but ok.

AllFatherGray

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
This is not the rebuttal you think it is. It also doesn't make much sense. What exactly is "not really" supposed to be for? That people want to catch him?
That bounty hunters publicizing information might lead to tipping off people on the lam? What concept did I put forth that you find incorrect?

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I saw something about his Instagram going live for a few seconds in a body of water, any update on that or think it's a hacker or what?

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
I saw something about his Instagram going live for a few seconds in a body of water, any update on that or think it's a hacker or what?
Honestly, if he's using his phone in any capacity they'll know where he is. Dude is off the radar or has a burner. He's dumb enough to log into any of his accounts his location will be stored.

Although maybe thats why the FBI has been searching the same area, they have proof he's somewhere around there.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So it looks like it's no longer a rumor, the parents did go camping with Brian when he returned without Gabby at Fort De Soto. I never mentioned it last week because the only source was Fox News but now it seems to be reported by more reputable places.

wonder what they talked about?

nilbog

Movie Aficionado
Oct 25, 2017
This makes no sense. Parents buy a new phone for Brian, same phone he left home with. That would mean it is not the phone the FBI is in possession of.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty meaningless in the investigation I think but...

Local news searched those Fort De Soto camping lists and followed up with others that were at the campground at the same time. The people camping next to the Laundrie family remember the red truck, and have photos that include the Laundrie camper at the adjacent campsite. And - quite a coincidence if it is him - may have captured a photo of Brian walking back to his family's campsite in the background while taking a group selfie

nbc-2.com

Fort Myers couple claims they camped next to the Laundries in Fort De Soto Park

Brian Laundrie’s attorney confirmed Brian and his parents visited the area together.

946971c3a32eacb365e48edcc07ad648

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
This is pretty meaningless in the investigation I think but...

Local news searched those Fort De Soto camping lists and followed up with others that were at the campground at the same time. The people camping next to the Laundrie family remember the red truck, and have photos that include the Laundrie camper at the adjacent campsite. And - quite a coincidence if it is him - may have captured a photo of Brian walking back to his family's campsite in the background while taking a group selfie

nbc-2.com

Fort Myers couple claims they camped next to the Laundries in Fort De Soto Park

Brian Laundrie’s attorney confirmed Brian and his parents visited the area together.

946971c3a32eacb365e48edcc07ad648

It's like a Bigfoot sighting.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Still weird though. They purchased a new phone for him after Gabby's death. So maybe he has his old phone? Some shady stuff going on with those parents.

There was a report of the FBI at a nearby AT&T store and the article said Brian was there with his mother earlier in the day on the day the family said he went missing (Sept 14?)

EDIT - ahh here it is from TMZ (https://www.tmz.com/2021/09/29/brian-laundrie-burner-phone-surveillance-video-missing-gabby-petito/)

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
omg

dog the bounty hunter is gonna get him

I knew he still had it

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Time's up and you're right. Shouldn't be making dumb posts like this. I'll hold myself to it for the people that quoted me.

Last edited:

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Well there will certainly be no complaints from me if Dog really does capture him. He needs to be brought in to face justice. Whether the FBI is the one to do that or not is irrelevant.