captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Cassie Laundrie talked to protestors for 20 minutes.

She's been ghosted by her parents.

hey look its a giant nothing burger.

also fuck these people for harassing the sister.

and who the hell is news nation? I think ive heard advertisements for them on the radio saying how they back the blue, but could be mistaken.

karmaforgotme

Oct 27, 2017
Knoxville, TN
hey look its a giant nothing burger.

also fuck these people for harassing the sister.

and who the hell is news nation? I think ive heard advertisements for them on the radio saying how they back the blue, but could be mistaken.

Yep these people are scum. Also News Nation came out of the WGN. It claims to unbias, but one of guys overseeing it is a friend of Trump and supporter. They seem to love to report and push certain conservative talking points.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I can get people mixing up dates, but not when this is probably the biggest experience in your life, like a flashpoint for when you can say your entire life changed.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I can get people mixing up dates, but not when this is probably the biggest experience in your life, like a flashpoint for when you can say your entire life changed.

Right. I mix up dates all the damn time.

But....if my future daughter in law who lived with me (and didn't come home with my son in her own van 10 days earlier) was officially declared a missing person 2 days prior, I think I would remember when my son - the last known person to have seen her - left the house.

such total bullshit

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Someone explain to me how the parents are not facing any sort of repercussions for how they have continued to stall the investigations due to their half truths.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe this dude is still out there and his parents are getting away with chasing their tails.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in Yellowstone right now and have seen about a dozen "accidental" ways to murder someone and get away with it. Brian is a real dumbass.

Edit: Seriously, there are so many things to fall off of or into here, disolved by acid, boiled alive, etc...

I saw a wolf today so add eaten by wolves.
I grew up in Jackson, and people die there all the time. I can point out a dead person on just about every page of my yearbook.

I talked to my mom this weekend, and she said they found three more bodies there over the past couple weeks. Someone fell off a cliff, someone else died of hypothermia, and I can't remember the other one. They gotta be keeping Dr. Blue busy (who was my family doctor growing up).

Related reading:
www.goodreads.com

Death in Yellowstone

The chilling tome that launched an entire genre of books about the often gruesome but always tragic ways people have died in our national...

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Someone explain to me how the parents are not facing any sort of repercussions for how they have continued to stall the investigations due to their half truths.

Because maybe the investigation is ongoing? Or maybe they didn't actually do anything to stall the investigation and the people who are actually investigating are aware of this?

Oct 25, 2017
I grew up in Jackson, and people die there all the time. I can point out a dead person on just about every page of my yearbook.

I talked to my mom this weekend, and she said they found three more bodies there over the past couple weeks. Someone fell off a cliff, someone else died of hypothermia, and I can't remember the other one. They gotta be keeping Dr. Blue busy (who was my family doctor growing up).

Related reading:
www.goodreads.com

Death in Yellowstone

The chilling tome that launched an entire genre of books about the often gruesome but always tragic ways people have died in our national...
My bigges takeway from this book is that it's a bad idea to get drunk/high in the middle of the night and wander around off the official paths looking for hot springs that aren't scaldingly hot or acidic.

Oct 27, 2017
If they actually are doing anything to stall the investigation in a intentional way, I would expect charges later. Sometimes these things unfold very quickly but in really high profile situations like this all things need to be accounted for before making any moves.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I really really hate these people

Things weren't adding up so the lawyer quickly jumps in to claim ignorance due to a mistake.

I hope both parents get nailed for their obvious part in helping him escape and stay hidden. If they lied about their story once already, they probably did it again at some point.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
Cassie speaking up actually makes me like her more.

Also she seems to be truthful in saying "I don't know what happened" instead of the bull people say like "he/she would never do that".

The lawyer telling the parents not to speak to Cassie makes me think they're hiding something.

I cant believe they were camping and eating smores while gabby was gone.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021
Just like Occams razor said Gabby was killed, Brian has most likely been dead in the swamp for weeks and his parents had nothing to do with covering it up.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Just like Occams razor said Gabby was killed, Brian has most likely been dead in the swamp for weeks and his parents had nothing to do with covering it up.
Nah, his parents have shown no concern for Brian since he went missing. In fact you'd almost wonder why they reported him missing at all, huh? If they really thought he could be dead, they'd be making statements and pleas for him to come home because they'd be worried sick. They know he's fine is my bet. They set him up nicely.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nah, his parents have shown no concern for Brian since he went missing. In fact you'd almost wonder why they reported him missing at all, huh? If they really thought he could be dead, they'd be making statements and pleas for him to come home because they'd be worried sick. They know he's fine is my bet. They set him up nicely.
Hard to say with no knowledge of their relationship prior to this. One could just as easily say that they're indifferent towards their son after learning that he (very, very) likely killed his girlfriend.

My gut tells me that they ran decoy cover for him to let him slip out where he's now entirely on his own somewhere remote within the country. I doubt they outright arranged his escape into a life of leisure and hiding like he's some kind of James Bond villain. Given what's known of their wealth and background, I'd say it's far more likely that they don't know much regarding the details of his (alleged 🙄) crimes or his current whereabouts. That obviously doesnt mean they're innocent of obstructing justice and misleading investigators though.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Hard to say with no knowledge of their relationship prior to this. One could just as easily say that they're indifferent towards their son after learning that he (very, very) likely killed his girlfriend.

My gut tells me that they ran decoy cover for him to let him slip out where he's now entirely on his own somewhere remote within the country. I doubt they outright arranged his escape into a life of leisure and hiding like he's some kind of James Bond villain. Given what's known of their wealth and background, I'd say it's far more likely that they don't know much regarding the details of his (alleged 🙄) crimes or his current whereabouts. That obviously doesnt mean they're innocent of obstructing justice and misleading investigators though.
I mean him and his fiance lived with them for over a year. Neither of them really worked all that much from what we know and it's not a big house. They were their dependents it seems. They weren't exactly estranged.

They can say a lot of things, it's true. But they certainly aren't acting like concerned parents when it was THEM that reported him missing, you know? lol.

And I wasn't implying something fatastical like you seem to think I was. Setting up a location for him with a month's supplies would be huge for Brian's escape.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
I don't get the hiding in the woods to kill himself narrative. If he was going to kill himself why hide, and why not leave a note explaining his side of the story? Not that he has a reasonable excuse but you would think he would try to explain away his crime.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the hiding in the woods to kill himself narrative. If he was going to kill himself why hide, and why not leave a note explaining his side of the story? Not that he has a reasonable excuse but you would think he would try to explain away his crime.
I used to think he'd kill himself but that's not the MO of narcissistic sociopaths.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I honestly think it's wishful thinking. They want him to be dead. It's also always possible.

But yeah, I don't think I've seen anything that indicates to me he would be the suicidal type. We never know a person, especially a killer, but nothing I've seen has indicated that Brian or his parents have any type of remorse over the situation. They are even ghosting their own kid to protect Brian.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And I wasn't implying something fatastical like you seem to think I was. Setting up a location for him with a month's supplies would be huge for Brian's escape.
Fair point. My bad, I didn't mean to imply that you specifically were positing some fantastical theory. That comment was directed more toward other people earlier in the thread speculating that his parents secured him some sort of safe transport out of the country, which I think IS fantastical.

Mar 29, 2018
his movements were known after she disappeared though right? Like he got his lawyer and stuff then left again. why would he go back just to die in that swamp

much more likely he went somewhere else to escape or hide and… could well have died there

May 14, 2021
his movements were known after she disappeared though right? Like he got his lawyer and stuff then left again. why would he go back just to die in that swamp

much more likely he went somewhere else to escape or hide and… could well have died there
I don't know how hard he tried to get a lawyer. The one he has is a friend of the family from a different state that doesn't even practice the type of law he would need.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This is actually the perfect profile of Brian Laundrie
I mean think about it. The guy had just killed his fiance a week or so prior and he was camping with his family and sister like nothing was the matter. His sister claims she had no indication something was wrong, and they were camping and had smores.

Good god what a pyscho, and if his parents knew about it at that point, same can be applied to them.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I mean think about it. The guy had just killed his fiance a week or so prior and he was camping with his family and sister like nothing was the matter. His sister claims she had no indication something was wrong, and they were camping and had smores.

Good god what a pyscho, and if his parents knew about it at that point, same can be applied to them.

Yep. And the sister did an interview this morning (Good Morning America I think) and shared pictures of Brian (smiling, normal looking interactions) with her kids at that trip. If she honestly saw no indication of what had happened (I tend to believe her not that that means anything), he is an absolute psycho.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yep. And the sister did an interview this morning (Good Morning America I think) and shared pictures of Brian (smiling, normal looking interactions) with her kids at that trip. If she honestly saw no indication of what had happened (I tend to believe her not that that means anything), he is an absolute psycho.
Yeah there would be "something". Moments of tears, anxiety, whispers, weird statements, just odd behavior the Sister would remember looking back. Just nothing according to her. This whole situation and that family are just ugh. The Sister excluded apparently.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Can't find the pictures standalone. But they are in this news piece from this morning on GMA

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Related reading:
www.goodreads.com

Death in Yellowstone

That book is on the nightstand in my cabin. I think the hotel is trying to tell me something.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018
I don't know how hard he tried to get a lawyer. The one he has is a friend of the family from a different state that doesn't even practice the type of law he would need.
The lawyer itself is irrelevant. The fact is after she disappeared we know he moved away from the swamp and was mobile, even if not for long

edit: unless my understanding of the time line is totally wrong of course

it's still not unlikely he's dead somewhere

edit: unless my understanding of the time line is totally wrong of course

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Rest easy everyone, Brian's dad is now on-site to help with the search.

www.cnn.com

Brian Laundrie was under surveillance before he disappeared, police say | CNN

Police in North Port, Florida, were surveilling Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito's fiancé, as best as they could legally before he vanished, police spokesperson Josh Taylor told CNN's Randi Kaye on Thursday.
the lawyer:
"hey you know, it's starting to look bad that you two don't seem to care that Brian is missing after almost A MONTH"
The dad:
"dammit. I guess I can spare a few minutes and make an appearance if you think I have to. After all, after a month is the best time to find a missing person!".

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Swamps, there has been no credible sightings anywhere else and the FBI/police seem to think he's in there for some reason.

I really hope they're correct and find him there. They obviously know way more than anyone else but if they don't find him and it's literally the only place they've been looking for weeks that'll be really bad.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
I'm now leaning towards him being dead. I don't think he intended to commit suicide, initially at least, because why flee in the first place? He must have a limited amount of money with little or no access to more when it runs out. He's not a master criminal. The fact that he has evaded detection for so long is curious. No one is going to harbour him, and he has a very distinctive face. He could grow a beard, wear a wig and a hat, but that nose and those downturned eyes are a giveaway. Everyone wearing masks at the moment might make life easier for him, but still…