• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Unrelated: Snowbreak is getting bumped to equivalent of a M-rating in China. Game will now require age verification via valid ID upon login in China. This puts it in the same category as a few other gacha games, including one of the oldest. We're not allowed to talk about it on Resetera (it's on the banned game list), but the initials are "AL" (sometimes you also see "AZ" used).

I honestly wonder what made the game pop onto the government's radar. Was it the CNY cutscene with Katya? Commander in Nikke canonically bangs in a few character stories, but you never see it happen. Or wake up in the bed/in an intimate scene next to that character. Devs seem to be courting the CN players pissed about GFL2, which is playing with fire. Given how infantile, impotent, and insane that crowd can be, I'm sure they're hailing this new game rating as an attack by "extremist feminists."

Wait, why can't we discuss that game?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Unrelated: Snowbreak is getting bumped to equivalent of a M-rating in China. Game will now require age verification via valid ID upon login in China. This puts it in the same category as a few other gacha games, including one of the oldest. We're not allowed to talk about it on Resetera (it's on the banned game list), but the initials are "AL" (sometimes you also see "AZ" used).

I honestly wonder what made the game pop onto the government's radar. Was it the CNY cutscene with Katya? Commander in Nikke canonically bangs in a few character stories, but you never see it happen. Or wake up in the bed/in an intimate scene next to that character. Devs seem to be courting the CN players pissed about GFL2, which is playing with fire. Given how infantile, impotent, and insane that crowd can be, I'm sure they're hailing this new game rating as an attack by "extremist feminists."
Doesn't surprise me in the least. Hoenstly, the rating is far too low for the content it brings. Like I said the other day, the game is still rated 12+ on the iOS store. But then NIKKE and *banned game* are 12+ too, so...

Yeah.

As for the cause of the increased rating, it probably has to do with the interaction feature. Features like that are usually treated more seriously than others, especially if the outfits are lewd (when they are here). It's not a simple pat on the head, but legit movement of the limbs and body. They likely got heat because of that.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow amazing beginning banner implementation for Wuthering Wave. I hope this game gains traction and this becomes some sort of standard because legit every new game needs this.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Have they ever updated the characters you can get extra copies of in the shop with the standard banner tickets in nikke or is it still just launch ones? Would love one more Blanc for MLB, pulled one today and then used a mold and pulled another copy putting me at lb2!

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Have they ever updated the characters you can get extra copies of in the shop with the standard banner tickets in nikke or is it still just launch ones? Would love one more Blanc for MLB, pulled one today and then used a mold and pulled another copy putting me at lb2!
Think they said in a dev note it's gonna be updated with the treasure system. Probably just to include whatever Nikke(s) get treasures. For example Laplace isn't in the shop. The only characters added since launch are Rei and Smol White.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
ive been inactive on playing AG too long i just missed yingzhao's banner 😭😭😭

in good news the pc client went into beta testing in cn and it seems to run really well

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Think they said in a dev note it's gonna be updated with the treasure system. Probably just to include whatever Nikke(s) get treasures. For example Laplace isn't in the shop. The only characters added since launch are Rei and Smol White.
Ah fair enough then, probably going to be a long time till Blanc is ever in there then! Hopefully we get a selector or something for 1.5 year anni although if so I'll likely take Naga as I got a copy of Tia yesterday as well so would complete the duo.

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAOEVmMwcHg

A little over a month from now.

I'm looking forward to this more than ZZZ at the moment simply because I will actually be able to play it soon.

Planning on holding off on the free 5* weapon box until I figure out
of the two Rover forms is better.

The second one uses the two hander sword so probably better to wait and see which one I will use more before choosing.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
They've been releasing more new info in the leadup to the ZZZ beta launching tomorrow.
Here and here

- New map teases
5ea09ebe08be9b6d744ec95347be4a87_1362674115086097586.png

- New faction tease (the middle one) + new characters are coming for the other 2
5fa0552dcb99c8406389fa41bfddf70f_5456698102333437753.png

- New story chapters
- Selectable difficulty for story missions (Casual and Challenge)
- More Bangboo stuff (mechanics, and special currency to get them/pull for them (unclear) can be gotten from various gamemodes).
- New mission type without TV mode stuff
- 2x speed mode for TV stuff
- other QoL stuff

This all sounds really good. Hopefully there are some cool new male characters among the new batch, the gender ratio is pretty lopsided right now.
But in general it sounds like they know what they are doing and I just really wanna play, lol.

At least with Genshin 4.6 next week, Star Rail's Penacony arc climax coming and Wuthering Waves' release there's more than enough to pass the time, lol.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Holy crap; I just defeated Mother Whale before it could start its second wave, at 142,500 CP.

My Red Hood has lv4-5 overload gear on all pieces, with a 35 percent total attack line. Eliminated the core first burst for her and destroyed all the ports on her second.

Oct 26, 2017
They've been releasing more new info in the leadup to the ZZZ beta launching tomorrow.
Here and here

- New map teases
5ea09ebe08be9b6d744ec95347be4a87_1362674115086097586.png

- New faction tease (the middle one) + new characters are coming for the other 2
5fa0552dcb99c8406389fa41bfddf70f_5456698102333437753.png

- New story chapters
- Selectable difficulty for story missions (Casual and Challenge)
- More Bangboo stuff (mechanics, and special currency to get them/pull for them (unclear) can be gotten from various gamemodes).
- New mission type without TV mode stuff
- 2x speed mode for TV stuff
- other QoL stuff

This all sounds really good. Hopefully there are some cool new male characters among the new batch, the gender ratio is pretty lopsided right now.
But in general it sounds like they know what they are doing and I just really wanna play, lol.

At least with Genshin 4.6 next week, Star Rail's Penacony arc climax coming and Wuthering Waves' release there's more than enough to pass the time, lol.

I wonder if Challenge is actually difficult or slight almost imperceptible step above Casual.

One of the complaints I heard a lot is that the story stuff is too easy so I'm hoping the Challenge difficulty is actually noticeable.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I might have to keep playing Snowbreak, it's actually like... legit fun?

Also I like the fact that the "Hard Mode" missions, are them stringing together a bunch of the regular missions together into one longer mission. Suddenly the layout of those missions makes sense lol

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon POW! just released. It's a shmup and has a really cool absorb mechanic. Also seems really high quality. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Dragon POW! just released. It's a shmup and has a really cool absorb mechanic. Also seems really high quality. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

From Facebook said:
Dear Dragon knights, the gates of Krosland have opened!
Ride your dragon on a fantastic adventure!
To help the newbie Dragon knights have a better experience, Boss Meow has introduced the rewards you can get during the journey!
❓
About 111 draw
21days sign-in: 70 draws
Pre-registration: 15 draws
The Full-Server Dragon Round-up event: 6 draws
In-game mail: 20 draws
❔
About 4 free dragons
clear 2-2 to get Dandelion
💚

clear 3-5 to get Lyme
💜

First Purchase or clear AD bundle for 30 days to get Bale
🧡

Clear daily check-in & Beginner trial&Journey Rewards to get Ladon
💙

Not exactly free dragon if you need use money :p. Anyways downloading and will test it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Astra looks really cool... but is it one of those games that looks super pretty but is actually shallow?

Here has some "drama":
Can someone confirm? (Nevermind, contains a community manager post in the comments)
UTBGArL.png
UTBGArL.png
UTBGArL.png

A lot of people there tend to like trashing on something. Rich coming from me, I guess.
This would explain why they have been so generous with pulls on the mail but they have been correcting things, wonder what will they do.

I had fun and as a lover of Shmups that wonders about the mobile offerings, the roguelike aspect of each level is a good gimmick.

Astra looks really cool... but is it one of those games that looks super pretty but is actually shallow?
The combat is actually engaging and bosses are no brain dead runs.

But yeah the Genshines of its systems is really a minus.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Saw someone pulling on Brown Dust 2 and also saw the trailer for the new update in Snowbreak, holy shit those two games make Nikke look tame lol

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
1 sure was something the problem is that they loved their lolis and childs there...
Jesus, hate that shit.

Nikke on the whole is pretty good with not going there at least. Although I will say Tia has to be one of the worst designs I've seen. I swear she is 90% breast, just looks ridiculous!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The combat is actually engaging and bosses are no brain dead runs.

But yeah the Genshines of its systems is really a minus.

Might have to try it out. Currently trying out Snowbreak which is fun, though I don't know how long it will hold me. The story isn't particularly engaging thus far, not helped by the lack of voice acting.

Honestly weirdly, I am thinking of potentially dropping War of the Visions... I just realized that... I'm barely even playing it anymore. I forget to log in quite a few days and it's just... I feel like I don't have much of a drive to log in and feels like my gacha luck in the game has been super shit for awhile now lol

It's weird, I got into a bunch of gacha games at first because they were all on mobile, yet WOTV is the last one I play on mobile now.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like Cherno can do some strong burst damage.

Set up the orbs and stack the buff/debuffs then detonate the orbs.

She also puts a DoT on the enemy with the orbs and her gun. Does more than her actual shots.

AlexTrevelyan

Oct 27, 2017
Nikke on the whole is pretty good with not going there at least. Although I will say Tia has to be one of the worst designs I've seen. I swear she is 90% breast, just looks ridiculous!

I'm not a big fan of Tia's design either, her proportions make it seem like it'd be impossible just to stand up. I really like Naga's design though!

Might have to try it out. Currently trying out Snowbreak which is fun, though I don't know how long it will hold me. The story isn't particularly engaging thus far, not helped by the lack of voice acting.

I gave up on Snowbreak's story pretty early on, I just skip it so it doesn't suck up a ton of time. Gameplay is fun enough to keep me interested, although I'm not sure how I feel about this Star Master mode, your characters do so little damage that you're basically just waiting for your "pets" to kill everything. It feels really grindy too.

Oh I saw you post about the shader stutter the other day, it seems to pop back up after every major patch but it'll go away after a bit.

Seems like Cherno can do some strong burst damage.

Set up the orbs and stack the buff/debuffs then detonate the orbs.

She also puts a DoT on the enemy with the orbs and her gun. Does more than her actual shots.

Just from the trial I could tell there was some real potential from the dots and explosions, I'll be keeping an eye on where she stacks up compared to the other damage characters, although I'm not really a fan of the child like units....

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
no cherno in 50 so far she seems cool with the moon /black hole skill do you just do more damage if you hit enemies tagged by it filling up the gauge then burst? cooldown seemed quite spammable but it was in the trial

kuro also still kings at epic gacha boss fights i'd love to see them do a single player souls like even if it's like the berserker DFO game ...lol that music very fitting

Oct 26, 2017
no cherno in 50 so far she seems cool with the moon /black hole skill do you just do more damage if you hit enemies tagged by it filling up the gauge then burst? cooldown seemed quite spammable but it was in the trial

kuro also still kings at epic gacha boss fights i'd love to see them do a single player souls like even if it's like the berserker DFO game ...lol that music very fitting

Her ult maxes out the enemies stacks so I think you detonate the balls after you hit them with the ult.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
I don't think I've heard of Bunyips before in my entire life but right after FGO's event dropping some Bunyips' lore, R1999 also mentioned them and I probably wouldn't have known what they are if it's not for FGO lol.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
anyone have any info about this game?
is it gacha game? it looks so cool, i really don't want it to be another gacha game

Unending Dawn

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1J_vDt2XnY

Necro bumping your post to answer you cus I just watched the new trailer: https://www.gematsu.com/2024/04/ope...e-flame-of-faith-everlasting-gameplay-trailer

www.dsogaming.com

Unreal Engine 5-powered Unending Dawn Gets New 7-Minute Gameplay Trailer

Parcaes Fate Studio released a new 7-minute gameplay trailer for its open-world action Unreal Engine 5-powered game, Unending Dawn.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvD4q6-5ElY

It seems another n-sth Souls game and nwo they added a PS5 version for GachaStation, seeing it is for mobile too, I think it's another gacha. I hope it will be F2P regardless of the type cus this looks very good and combat doesn't look a slouch.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Will definitely be checking out Wuthering Waves once it's out, been looking kinda interesting so far.

Got emails about the ZZZ beta but whenever I look at that game I honestly wonder what it'll be about and for who the game is meant to be, it just feels like an incredibly odd game.

Also been messing around with Solo Leveling the past week and I'm kinda digging it from the time I've played it, having said that it's a Netmarble game so chances are it'll turn bad real quick.