• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so here's what I've been thinking. We have a lot of overlapping gacha players. How would people feel about a "gachaERA" discord server?

I made one for E7, but it's brand new, and can easily switch to more gacha in general. I can make people mods or even admins for each game, they can have their own categories with the typical channels, like general, guides, pulls, art, questions, etc. This would be for games that aren't massive (we wouldn't include FGO, FEH, Dragalia, etc) but maybe for smaller and upcoming games, like Another Eden, Langrisser, Epic Seven, Destiny Child, the Tales gacha game (that'll be shut down 2 months after launch), etc. And I don't care if someone else is the leader of it, or equal, or whatever. I basically just made the Dragalia server and handed it off, so I really don't care about being some leader or having responsibility. Dun matter to me.

Thoughts?

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I just somehow acquired Zeno in Normal difficulty in the first run. I must be have a big, ridiculous lucky or just a pure luck.

Einbroch

Maybe try to narrow it down to a few things? Cuz your goal is a bit far-fetch, imo.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so here's what I've been thinking. We have a lot of overlapping gacha players. How would people feel about a "gachaERA" discord server?

Don't think there is enough of us to even keep a discord like that alive.

Finally, I was waiting for someone else to say that.
Oh man, you guys shouldve just said something. I didn't know I was doing something wrong. Now I feel like shit. I'm super depressed now. Here come the tears.

Last edited:

okita

Oct 25, 2017
So anyone is up to create an OT for Destiny Child? it can be even a poor OT just to move the discussion from here, maybe a hard rule to not use images on the thread whatsoever will avoid any problems.

I was in doubt to roll or not on the Miku banner since you can get them for free but it seems it take a while , decided to do 2 10x bait for luck pulls and on the first 10 pull got both lol Probably they will make easier to farm the event it seems (although they are low level and I'm short on Onyx)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry. I know this this isn't a DC OT and don't want to bother everyone who doesn't play it, but the Destiny Child forums are in flames right now. I figure it's an important story for people who play any gacha games, so I'll make the post anyway.

Apparently there was a bug in where snowflakes from the current event could be sold for 1000 gold each (and not 1 gold, as they were supposed to), so a bunch of players took advantage of it to grind up their equipment, uncap their child, do gold pulls, etc. Line Games pulled their servers and went into maintenance. Their solution was to remove/retract all of the gold earned from their exploit, and give all of the players 200 crystals for the maintenance downtime. People who spent the gold were expecting it to sit at 0 after maintenance, as they reaped all of the benefits (despite being warned that repercussions were going to happen). Little did they know that Line Games would instead subtract ALL of the gold earned by this glitch, by even moving the gold counter into the negatives. So now players that abused this exploit are sitting at negative gold, with their only ways of digging themselves out being through gold daily runs and such. The issue with this is that gold is needed for a lot of gameplay elements outside of this (such as extract onyx from children you no longer want), so people with max'd inventories won't be able to run anything if their inventory is at max (since you can't outright sell children). You can expand your inventory with crystals, but it alternates with gold and if you don't have enough gold to do it, you're effectively stuck.

I can't really blame Line Games, as players were warned that measures would be taken, but I don't think anyone expected this. Thankfully I'm safe, as I never exploit things such as this in games, as it rarely ends well. So yeah, the next time an error/glitch happens in a gacha game you do play, I'd err on the side of caution and be careful.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
They have apologized, but they're sending compensation to everyone, so it might get those affected complaining even more? At least they're making it easy for them to go into positive...

After the deduction: We know it is not a players' fault, but ours. So this is our plan: -All players will receive compensation gold in mailbox -Hot time for Gold dungeon and Stages in the Story (Which doubles the gold you earn from the battle)

https://moot.us/lounges/73/boards/280/posts/546743?prp={"postListType"%3A"BOARD_POSTS","orderType"%3A"TIME_DESC"%7D

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well we don't really know how much gold they're being sent. If you're millions in the hole from abusing this, 500k probably isn't going to do a lot. But yes, it's a start towards them digging themselves out.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Well we don't really know how much gold they're being sent. If you're millions in the hole from abusing this, 500k probably isn't going to do a lot. But yes, it's a start towards them digging themselves out.
Well, the compensation seems to be 25m gold, from what i'm seeing on discord, moot and reddit, unless it's a bunch of people trolling

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the compensation seems to be 25m gold, from what i'm seeing on discord, moot and reddit, unless it's a bunch of people trolling
They're trolling, I'm pretty sure, otherwise we likely would have all received it at the same time. But it could just be a staggered release, given the server strain. I guess we'll see soon enough!

Anyway, I don't mean to clutter this thread more than I already have (sorry to those not playing DC!). Back to regular gacha business for me.

Langrisser in less than a week! I hope re-rolling goes easy, but I have a feeling it's going to be one of those where you get 1-2 single pulls per re-roll. :(

okita

Oct 25, 2017
They gave 25 million, amazing, funny thing is some of the abusers are still in debt lol (I saw someone with 32 million negative lol)

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
They actually gave 25 million I can't believe it...

I posted a thread about this on r/gachagaming because I think the developers should be commended for their transparency and admittance to having made an error. Feel free to comment.

Yokho

Oct 23, 2018
Bloody hell, 25mil gold! Thats HUGE!

I wont be having gold problems for a long time x.x

Well, hello 3 gold summons per day for a long while!

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Here's the thing. They didn't *just* give 25m. They also subtracted whatever the person exploited. You can go negative. So there's people that exploited, say, 50m, then spent it on all gold summons until they're back at 0. After the maintenance, these people were at -50m, and after the compensation they're still at -25m.

Fucking #rekt.

Yokho

Oct 23, 2018
Yeah but all the other "respectful" players really got rewarded in the end, which is pretty great lol

I wonder how the hell they spent that much though, gold summons is limited to 900k per day so they must've abused other means...

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah but all the other "respectful" players really got rewarded in the end, which is pretty great lol

I wonder how the hell they spent that much though, gold summons is limited to 900k per day so they must've abused other means...
Sorry, should have clarified. Equipment summon. Plus uncaps, expanding child inventory, etc.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
How hard is it move a DC account to a different device? I want to move it to Nox from my phone but I don't know how involved it is or if I lose anything by doing it.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Westworld Mobile shutting down in April 2019.

https://www.gamerbraves.com/westworld-mobile-to-cease-all-online-services-come-april/

GB said:
It finally spells an end to Westworld Mobile's developer, Warner Bros.' predicament with Bethesda Softworks. A controversial incident that also involves Behaviour Interactive, Bethesda Softworks' filed lawsuit has finally succeeded. The game has already disappeared from the App Store and Google Play, the official Twitter account has confirmed.

GB said:
Westworld Mobile was a Fallout Shelter-like mobile game in which you can build your own virtual theme park. The controversy started when Behaviour Interactive helped both Warner Bros and Bethesda Softworks to develop Westworld Mobile and Fallout Shelter respectively. The reason why the game is almost the same as Fallout Shelter was because both games actually have the exact same game codes.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It good but rates ruined it for me sadly. lol

I know the rates are not great, but at the same time, there are many useful 3* and 4* characters, some of which are given to the player for free. I'm not sure I've played a gacha where so many of the top units are lower rarity characters.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the rates are trash, this alone make it hard to recommend Epic 7 without a huge warning about it's rates (strangely people do it and hide the fact :/ )

Most gacha have a low pull rate. It's not exactly a thing unique to epic 7. Of course, some gacha flood the player with "SSR" characters, and then power creep it up so you need to keep pulling for more SSR. I don't think it's a coincidence that the most successful gacha have lower rates. I personally prefer that gacha model.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Yeah the rates are trash, this alone make it hard to recommend Epic 7 without a huge warning about it's rates (strangely people do it and hide the fact :/ )
Most gacha have a low pull rate. It's not exactly a thing unique to epic 7. Of course, some gacha flood the player with "SSR" characters, and then power creep it up so you need to keep pulling for more SSR. I don't think it's a coincidence that the most successful gacha have lower rates. I personally prefer that gacha model.
I would like the game more if I had a 5* I actually liked If I had Sez or Destina, VildredI would've liked it more. They made the game more fun for me. I'm not even gonna try to buy my way out of shitty luck lol. Unless people donate but nobody will haha.

okita

Oct 25, 2017

Successful meaning highly profitable? And with extremely predatory rates ? The gacha experience is core in these games and any recommendation should tell about them for the people to really know what they are dealing with. If you like it ok But honesty about the game should always come first when indicating something for someone.

Last edited:

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Successful meaning highly profitable? And with extremely predatory rates ? The gacha experience is core in these games and any recommendation should tell about them for the people to really know what they are dealing with. If you like it ok But honesty about the game should always come first when indicating something for someone.

Successful as in millions of players over many years.

What wasn't honest in my post? I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Successful as in millions of players over many years.

What wasn't honest in my post? I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly.

Are you talking about FGO? Because I don't think a game with low rate will manage to replicate it's success , it's much more complex than that.

It's not exactly about you , but a general comment on when people recommend Epic 7 (and I saw this in many places) they simple ignore one of the most important informations about a gacha game that is it's rates , in the case of EPic 7 , they are bad , maybe because they only want to talk the good things about the game they like, which is strange , I don't think this should be omitted

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Any good Gacha game you guys are playing?

Well personally I'm enjoying Girls' Frontline and Destiny Child the most right now, but Langrisser (22nd) and Another Eden (28th) are games with much anticipation behind them that are definitely worth taking a look at.

-

Whether a gacha does well or not is the result of a multivariable equation of which the rates are maybe a factor but not even necessarily in a specific direction. Implying low rates are a recipe for gacha game success is a gross, and arguably wrong, oversimplification.

Epic Seven has a multitude of problems of which its own community would not tire informing the rest of us about and I can understand why one would omit that information when recommending a game (you want to emphasize its strengths in a positive light after all) as long as it's within the confines of one's own opinion rather than axiom. However, in the context of the broader picture it is important to concede weaknesses as well.

When someone asks for gacha advice it is prudent to paint a truthful, balanced picture in the interest of not wasting that person's time. These games are substantial sinks of that after all.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The rates complaint for Epic Seven is really bizarre to me.

90% of non-collectathon or dupe-requiring games have similar rates, and many are more stringent with free pulls.

It has many more caveats that are worthy of pointing out than the average rates when you look at the number of free pulls you get.

Besides, someone just asked what games people were playing, not to give an in-depth review of said games.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The rates in E7 are fine, I just couldn't deal with the grind in addition to all of the other gacha games I play (and enjoy more than E7). Even doing just the dailies became too much for me.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The rates in E7 are fine, I just couldn't deal with the grind in addition to all of the other gacha games I play (and enjoy more than E7). Even doing just the dailies became too much for me.
Now this is a legitimate thing to point out. If you don't like Korean grind, it might not be for you.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
The rates complaint for Epic Seven is really bizarre to me.

90% of non-collectathon or dupe-requiring games have similar rates, and many are more stringent with free pulls.

It has many more caveats that are worthy of pointing out than the average rates when you look at the number of free pulls you get.

Besides, someone just asked what games people were playing, not to give an in-depth review of said games.

So because there are many games with bad rates Epic 7 bad rates can't be pointed out or doesn't matter? I don't see the correlation here, some people are already conditioned to accept this , others not, but if you look at the follow up post when he said he gave up on Epic 7 because it's rates, so for some people this is an important information, may not be for you. And there is a ton of complain about it's rates and a lot of memes over it , that's why people begged for a pity rate, I find really strange trying to dismiss it. At least for me I will always remind people of it , as many others possible problems that people may find (even if I'm ok with them, I like e7)

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
So because there are many games with bad rates Epic 7 bad rates can't be pointed out? I don't see the correlation here, some people are already conditioned to accept this , others not, but if you look at the follow up post when he said he gave up on Epic 7 because it's rates, so for some people this an important information, may not be for you. And there is a ton of complain about it's rates and a lot of memes over it , that's why people begged for pity rate. At least for me I will always remind people of it , as many others possible problems that people may find.
Yet you never call out Destiny Child every time it gets recommended, which has worse rates.

But no one would call it out because it's very generous. That's why saying "bad rates" in a vacuum is incredibly misleading.

Last edited:

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
About gacha, I've pretty much given up on all games that has multiple item types in the same pool.

If you add any kind of equipment or cards alongside heroes, no matter the rates, I consider it really bad gacha.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Yet you never call out Destiny Child every time it gets recommended, which has worse rates.

So will not comment about the rest?

About Destiny Child:

No, I think the rates are average: 3% but the caveat is it's divided between 4 characters usually so your chance to 5* is higher but if you want something specific it is as bad as Epic 7 (on the actual banner 2 characters it's better than E7) and you can get the two characters free, not only that on the characters banners there are only the four characters to get so no off banner character which is a plus, and it doesn't have artifacts among the characters to dilute the pool even more. I don't need to point out rates here because the game is very friendly, there is a ton of 5* tickets they give in events , there are many free 5* characters, it favors the player in general it's not against it, plus it have pity rate 5* tickets, you always get something from it and you can get basically 5* star from diverse options (its kinda crazy). To the point that rates in Destiny Child are a strange thing to evaluate even with the worse luck you get something from it , I can't say the same about E7 that's why I remind people of it as it seems you need a more detailed explanation about the differences between them. If E7 had pity rates in all banners obviously would be a different matter. There is a safe net there.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
So will not comment about the rest?

About Destiny Child:

No, I think the rates are average: 3% but the caveat is it's divided between 4 characters usually so your chance to 5* is higher but if you want something specific it is as bad as Epic 7 (on the actual banner 2 characters it's better than E7) and you can get the two characters free, not only that on the characters banners there are only the four characters to get so no off banner character which is a plus, and it doesn't have artifacts among the characters to dilute the pool even more. I don't need to point out rates here because the game is very friendly, there is a ton of 5* tickets they give in events , there are many free 5* characters, it favors the player in general it's not against it, plus it have pity rate 5* tickets, you always get something from it and you can get basically 5* star from diverse options (its kinda crazy). To the point that rates in Destiny Child are a strange thing to evaluate even with the worse luck you get something from it , I can't say the same about E7 that's why I remind people of it as it seems you need a more detailed explanation about the differences between them. If E7 had pity rates in all banners obviously would be a different matter. There is a safe net there.
What rest?

This is such a weird discussion. The rates in E7 aren't bad. I can name a ton of games with worse rates and ones that give out way less currency. So it's strange to call them out on it repeatedly just because you got unlucky. You want to criticize the grind? The RNG loot? The Abyss balance? Go for it. But the rates? Such an odd sticking point.

I obviously never call out the rates in DC for the reasons you mentioned.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really sure why Destiny Child is even part of this conversation or how its rates are worse than Epic Seven, unless you count Artifacts.

It is true that rates are only a part of the story. The amount of free premium currency given out, necessity of duplicates, actual necessity of high rarity units, "pity" systems as in safety nets - all of these are factors where Epic Seven receives praise.

However, this is the point. It is important to tell the full story when discussing the actual gacha of the game. Epic Seven has a gacha pool shared with Artifacts, and for many this is a dealbreaker, like for people literally on this page. It also has Moonlight summons, which for me personally reveals certain attitudes of the developer I'm not comfortable with.

When someone asks for recommendations, or how the gacha is handled, I think it is important to be forthcoming about those kinds of factors.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
What rest?

This is such a weird discussion. The rates in E7 aren't bad. I can name a ton of games with worse rates and ones that give out way less currency. So it's strange to call them out on it repeatedly just because you got unlucky. You want to criticize the grind? The RNG loot? The Abyss balance? Go for it. But the rates? Such an odd sticking point.

I obviously never call out the rates in DC for the reasons you mentioned.

Ok I get it, won't waste my time anymore, seems like people can't disagree with you, only your perspective is valid or people need your allowance to complain about something they think it's bad and why it's bad, you just want to defend the game not discuss anything. Have a nice day, even my luck is part of the "discussion" now lol