• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Grand Summoners looking a lot like Brave Frontier, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

I'm a sucker for good sprites. It's why I played bf for so many years and spent good money.

Also from YouTube videos it seems this runs a solid 60fps.

Im tired of all these janky gacha games these days.

Gimme smooth action. Smooth menus. Especially on a flagship

Oct 25, 2017
game is up on the play store.

Doesn't seem to have launched yet though. Not really sure where the most 'activity' is for this game. reddit sub seems pretty barren.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any info about unit tiers? I got a 5* on my first 11-pull but no idea if it's a good one. Mechanical Soldier Vaid

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Is there any info about unit tiers? I got a 5* on my first 11-pull but no idea if it's a good one. Mechanical Soldier Vaid

Herck and Ragna are the two to go for, according to the tier list on the prviopre page.

I got Herck in my very first multi, so I think this account's a keeper. :P Digging the style so far; great music, too!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Am I blind? I can't seem to find it. :(
Damn it is not the updated version, I guess need to wait a bit.

Screenshot_20180208-083137.png
Screenshot_20180208-083415.png

Look for words Grand Summoners
It was not there yesterday nor 2h ago.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Played it for about an hour. Way too similar to Brave Exvius and Brave Frontier. I know why, but jeez. Even the overworld music feels ripped straight from FFBE.

And the art is awful. Oh well.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah; I was worried it was going to be a little TOO similar. I don't know how to feel about it right now. I pulled some 5* dragon, some robot, and a 5* sword from the first weapon draw.

Oct 25, 2017
Got valhalla and eden on the 2 multis.

Not sure if having healers and defenders are important? Game gives me such BF vibes that im not sure... seriously these character designs are REALLY SIMILAR to bf.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I got this info from Reddit:

Try using VPN, but you have to force stop Google Play Store and clear cache for PlayStore to properly switch to US location. They shadow-updated their client without changing client version - which is why apkpure won't update apk for a while.

Hrm things go complicated for one mobile game :D

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
\
Tell me if you get it working, as you can see from the picture I get that error info and it is 1.0.1 version.
Yeah, I installed the app on Nox but can't get it to run. It says something about it releasing at 21:00 PST, which has already passed, and to download the latest version. Strange thing is, the app says it's at 1.0.1, so I don't know. :/

I started the game on my alternate iOS device with my US Apple ID. I actually managed to get three potential 5* with my two pulls, those being Ragnar, Yomi, and Lily. I also got a 5* Armor with my tutorial pull (Gargantua), so I'm not sure if this is worth keeping or not. Either way, I'll wait to re-roll until I can get it running on Nox, it takes too long on iOS with the initial download.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
\

Yeah, I installed the app on Nox but can't get it to run. It says something about it releasing at 21:00 PST, which has already passed, and to download the latest version. Strange thing is, the app says it's at 1.0.1, so I don't know. :/

I tried vpn trick, but couldn't get it to work in my phone. Too many variables, I guess I need to wait for game to be updated to 1.0.2 (or higher) and then to get version update to apkpure.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I tried vpn trick, but couldn't get it to work in my phone. Too many variables, I guess I need to wait for game to be updated to 1.0.2 (or higher) and then to get version update to apkpure.
Yeah, I'm going to wait too, it seems like a headache otherwise.

The game seems okay, from the bit I tried. Definitely BF-inspired (no surprise there), but it looks decent enough. I just wish it was released in Canada so I didn't have to jump through so many hoops to play.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Think I found my keeper. Rolled Ragna and EDEN with the 2 initial 11 pulls, then i got a 5* from the 1 free equipment summon, which seems to be only a 5% rate?

How do you equip better gear? Do i need to LB my guys in order to allow them to use 5* equipment or something? That seems brutal

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure about Grand Summoner. On the one hand, it is like BF (A LOT), a game I really did love for quite a while. On the other hand, it's nothing new, at all, and I'm not sure I am a fan of the auto fighting yet.

On a related note, I really like how fast these new gacha games are. Playing something like FFBE/OPTC just takes so long to load things. I wish they were better optimized.

Zagger

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is Grand Summoner doing well in Japan? Thought i read somewhere that it wasn't looking too good. Maybe i'm confusing it with something else.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure about Grand Summoner. On the one hand, it is like BF (A LOT), a game I really did love for quite a while. On the other hand, it's nothing new, at all, and I'm not sure I am a fan of the auto fighting yet..

Well it has equipment, which is new (unless BF added it after I quit).

My only real complaint with BF is GUMI, if there was a BF clone made by a not shit company that alone would make it pretty compelling imo

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Is Grand Summoner doing well in Japan? Thought i read somewhere that it wasn't looking too good. Maybe i'm confusing it with something else.

It made $600k in revenue in Decemberon iOS alone, and likely another $600k or so on Android, which is damn good for a small publisher, and more than a lot of licensed apps like Sword Art Online, as well as other once-huge games like Dragon Blaze the like, so, while major publishers may scoff at those numbers, they're definitely great for a smaller publisher/developer!

Terra Battle 2 did only $20k in Japan in December. Now that's a failure, for ya. :P

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been re-rolling in Grand Summoner, and I'm pretty sure the first weapon pull is always a 5*. If it isn't, the chances are very high. I've yet to get anything lower than it. Re-rolling in an emulator is extremely easy too, you can basically skip everything and do your pulls in less than a minute.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I've been re-rolling in Grand Summoner, and I'm pretty sure the first weapon pull is always a 5*. If it isn't, the chances are very high. I've yet to get anything lower than it. Re-rolling in an emulator is extremely easy too, you can basically skip everything and do your pulls in less than a minute.

What are you aiming for in your re-rolls?

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Re-rolling is definitely lightning fast, even on iOS where I had to re-download every time, it was still only 2-3 minutes between re-rolls. Finally settled on Ragna + EDEN for now I think.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I got Ragna + Herck in my first multi, but no Valhalla. Pondering just keeping this.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Is this any good?

None were 5 star

eu10rFG.png
You have Ragna, Herck and Lily (from what I can see, unless I'm confused in the portraits). That's more than fine! As long as you get two out of the three "recommended" characters (Ragna, Herck and Valhalla), I'd say it's a keep.

Aurelio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You have Ragna, Herck and Lily (from what I can see, unless I'm confused in the portraits). That's more than fine! As long as you get two out of the three "recommended" characters (Ragna, Herck and Valhalla), I'd say it's a keep.
Yeah but Ragna came as a 3 star, and Herck and Lily came as 4 stars. Just wondering if I should try rerolling for 5 star versions or if this trio as is will do fine for now.

Dogo Mojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but Ragna came as a 3 star, and Herck and Lily came as 4 stars. Just wondering if I should try rerolling for 5 star versions or if this trio as is will do fine for now.

As far as I've seen mentioned on reddit and discord it's actually not possible to pull 5* characters in the global version yet.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Pangya Mobile soft launched in Thailand! I grabbed it off the iOS store but it's up on Android aswell, is anybody here playing?

Aurelio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
So. I rerolled yesterday some times, then I got 3 units that could go to 5*. Made another multipull and got another 3 that can go to 5*.
If Iam correct you cant get 5* unit from gacha, Rainbow units (those 5* able) are either 3* or 4* when pulled, you need to evolve them to 5*

Ok now that I had 6x 5* able units:
* Lily
* Elfalla (2)
* Vaid
* Yomi
* Herck (last pull)

I decided its time to level them to 45 and then to evolve Herck and focus to it. As I got my reroll done 30mins before day change and 2nd day gives that 5000 Alch

- I did use my 5000 Alch to Limit Break orb. No need to pull mediocre unit.
- Then I used that LB orb + another LB orb we got to Herck
- Then I did "some" Key xp dungeons, Evolve dungeons, multiplaying those and some Arena.
- Swimming in gems I made some pulls
- Pulled 4x Weapon gacha multipull, got something good and one multi was without 5*.
- Pulled once more from unit gacha (just because why not)
- Got one Rainbow unit and it was 4* Herck dupe. Ok I could use that in my party but what the hell, lets LB Herck

In under 12 hours (mind you I didn't play all the time). My Herck went from 3* lvl 1 to 5* lvl 70 and it is LB 3.

Screenshot_20180209-085131.png
Screenshot_20180209-085203.png

Screenshot_20180209-085321.png
Screenshot_20180209-085356.png

LBing unit gives eq slots higher rarity, thus you can equip better (rarer) eq's to them. Also gives alot of stats. I think LB5 gives 5 more levels (not sure).

I did use one gem to open Water Daily and one gem to open Light Daily (eventho it opens soon). Next to level & evolve 4* Elfalla (LB 1) and use it as 2nd unit.

Basically what you need is one great unit for multiplayer and maybe second good unit for mp if you go only by 2 man. I havent tested Giant Bosses yet but will do so later today, everything else I can auto.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see Onmyoji is now available on Steam. But bafflingly not the free version, which the page does say is coming at some point. The "Gift Pack" you get for €4.99 (the cheapest buy in) looks like terrible value and its not clear how it applies to an existing account.