• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
You mean you have no way of proving otherwise? Got it

Because I can bring the case of the israeli soldier who killed a Palestinian(who wasn't even innocence) and got sentenced for it.

So can you bring that one time when Israel as a State abided to a UN resolution to end conflict, arbitrary bombings or illegal settlements?

Last edited:

hansel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woman becomes popular, spreading a positive message about female empowerment, conveniently, everyone becomes very interested in pride of her homeland.

Just saying.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think its an easy avenue for misogyny.
Woman becomes popular, spreading a positive message about female empowerment, conveniently, everyone becomes very interested in pride of her homeland.

Just saying.
y6cy5ekj5jdd.gif

hansel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Deny it all yo want, but everyone knows she had a target painted on her back the minute she accepted the Wonder Woman role.

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
It's unfortunate that we live in a world where supporting a genocidal government doesn't warrant instant milkshake-ducking or at least raises an eyebrow.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Deny it all yo want, but everyone knows she had a target painted on her back the minute she accepted the Wonder Woman role.
so just because she's successful now means she's not to be criticized?
all of this won't matter in any meaningful way, she's not gonna lose any sleep over this, it's not gonna cost her any roles or any jobs. no one in hollywood is ever gonna be affected in any way for being pro-israeli.

hansel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is she the only celebrity who is Pro-Israel?

Why isn't anyone criticizing Kanye West or Howard Stern for their Pro-Israel views?

Very interesting indeed.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But why? Hollywood is very liberal and most hardcore liberals dislike Israel.
when it comes to israel pretty much nothing makes sense, to me at least. this is the exception, i don't see any major hollywood stars having pro-palestinan views, or to say it better, expressing any pro-palestinian views.

1. Because she is Israeli. Check.
2. There is actually nothing wrong with endorsing peaceful IDF. Check.
3. Did you know Hamas? Check.
4. Because your are misogynysts. Check.
did we have "it belonged to them anyway, arabs were the ones who took it by force" yet?

Is she the only celebrity who is Pro-Israel?

Why isn't anyone criticizing Kanye West or Howard Stern for their Pro-Israel views?

Very interesting indeed.
cause this thread isn't about them?

hansel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
when it comes to israel pretty much nothing makes sense, to me at least. this is the exception, i don't see any major hollywood stars having pro-palestinan views, or to say it better, expressing any pro-palestinian views.

did we have "it belonged to them anyway, arabs were the ones who took it by force" yet?

cause this thread isn't about them?

And yet, she is the sole target for this criticism, when many celebrities, including Seth Rogen and Sylvester Stallone have offered some sort of support for Israel.

Yet, Gal Gadot is the only constant in all of this. She also happens to have become a feminist icon as of late.

I'm sure its all coincidental.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And yet, she is the sole target for this criticism, when many celebrities, including Seth Rogen and Sylvester Stallone have offered some sort of support for Israel.

Yet, Gal Gadot is the only constant in all of this. She also happens to have become a feminist icon as of late.

maybe because she's become big news recently, being the star of a big movie. why bring up feminism? to say people who are criticizing her are anti-feminism? being a feminist doesn't mean believing no women can do any wrong.

hansel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
maybe because she's become big news recently, being the star of a big movie. why bring up feminism? to say people who are criticizing her are anti-feminism? being a feminist doesn't mean believing no women can do any wrong.

You don't think Alt-Righters and Gamergaters are using this as an opportunity? Many people on boards, of which many members migrated here from, were furious that there was a female only screening of Wonder Woman. You don't think people who got offended by something so inconsequential and EARNED by half of the population would retaliate by making her look as bad as possible?

Whales

Oct 25, 2017

Did they tweet and post like Gadot in support of the IDF WHILE they were murdering innocent people too?

No? Then you have your answer
Yes? Then guess what, I would also boycott their movies/products too

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You don't think Alt-Righters and Gamergaters are using this as an opportunity? Many people on boards, of which many members migrated here from, were furious that there was a female only screening of Wonder Woman. You don't think people who got offended by something so inconsequential and EARNED by half of the population would retaliate by making her look as bad as possible?
she doesn't seem to need any help in making her look bad, she's doing quite well on her own.
the discussion in this thread has nothing to do with her gender, how her film was an important event for women, or any of that. and as i said, this isn't going to affect her career, so you don't need to worry about her

OP
OP
The ๖ۜBronx
Oct 25, 2017

hansel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My point is that the thing your a criticizing her for seems pretty common among other people of fame, and yet, it ONLY comes up about HER.

If you don't find that weird, I question your morals.

If she was included with other celebrities, such as the ones featured in the article I posted, fine. But why is it so laser focused on HER?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My point is that the thing your a criticizing her for seems pretty common among other people of fame, and yet, it ONLY comes up about HER.

If she was included with other celebrities, such as the ones featured in the article I posted, fine. But why is it so laser focused on HER?
i question your morals for trying to derail the discussion into a direction that it doesn't need to go, and also because you're not answering this

im asking you if any of those people were actively supporting the IDF, like Gadot, at the same time they were commiting murder
Did they tweet and post like Gadot in support of the IDF WHILE they were murdering innocent people too?

hansel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im not asking you for a list of people who ever had a concert in israel or did advertisements for israeli products

im asking you if any of those people were actively supporting the IDF, like Gadot, at the same time they were commiting murder

Pro-Israel is... pro-IDF.

If your question is if I can indicate other celebrities who have supported the IDF at the moment they were causing atrocities, no, I cannot.

But keep moving that goal post.

KmA

Oct 27, 2017
Calling Hamas a "terrorist organization" and leaving it at that is literally the most frustrating, baseline, empty thing you can say about the situation. Look at the numbers of who is dying. Look at the territory maps over the decades. Talk to or read about how Palestinian citizens feel about their homes being destroyed. This isn't some simple "THEY ARE BOTH BAD!!!" situation there's more nuance than that.

hansel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i question your morals for trying to derail the discussion into a direction that it doesn't need to go, and also because you're not answering this

Derailing a thread about Gal Gadot's pro-israel stance about why people are obsessed with her pro-israel stance... uhmmm, ok. Saying something you don't agree with isn't derailing a thread, bucko.

Oct 25, 2017
The human shield comment irks me.

Like I've heard people say "fight like a man, don't be a coward and hide behind your wife" before, but I've never seen the person proceed to beat the wife to a pulp while saying it.

"Shoot the hostage" is not an unheard of policy in high security areas including in America. Whether it's a bad policy or not is debatable, but Israel ain't unique here.

OP
OP
The ๖ۜBronx
Oct 25, 2017
Derailing a thread about Gal Gadot's pro-israel stance about why people are obsessed with her pro-israel stance... uhmmm, ok. Saying something you don't agree with isn't derailing a thread, bucko.
Except you're off-mark and just saying absurdities. Read the discussion, engage with it or move on. We don't need people telling others that they're secretly mysogynists because of their views, or implying as much.

Create a different thread if you want to discuss the merits of that thought train.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
but bringing up her gender, alt-right, feminism, misogyny, etc, is

Calling Hamas a "terrorist organization" and leaving it at that is literally the most frustrating, baseline, empty thing you can say about the situation. Look at the numbers of who is dying. Look at the territory maps over the decades. Talk to or read about how Palestinian citizens feel about their homes being destroyed. This isn't some simple "THEY ARE BOTH BAD!!!" situation there's more nuance than that.
it's a proven and effective tactic, and it will never stop being used. there is no legitimate answer to someone who talks about the things you said, so at that point all that's left to do is bring up hamas

hansel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Except you're off-mark and just saying absurdities. Read the discussion, engage with it or move on. We don't need people telling others that they're secretly mysogynists because of their views.

Did I call anyone in this thread a misogynist? I merely indicated much of the criticism thrown her way could be due to misogyny.

Reading comprehension is fundamental.

necrosis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Let' be fair here... The Jews did not "grow out of" and move to find resources, fertile land or otherwise.

They were drove out. The fact that the Jewish people held together and did not simple fade into obscurity prompted their return to what could and should be considered their rightful homeland.

the jewish people existing does not justify them killing palestinians and occupying their land

assuming you're american, i think you would see things differently if native americans bulldozed your house and bathed your family in white phosphorous, regardless of how terribly they were treated in the past (and present)

OP
OP
The ๖ۜBronx
Oct 25, 2017
Did I call anyone in this thread a misogynist? I merely indicated much of the criticism thrown her way could be due to misogyny.

I edited to extend it to implying as much, which you are.
You really are quite unpleasant aren't you. Again, please keep to the discussion at hand or create your own about the whole "is this all about misogyny?" line of thinking. Not quite the one to be talking about reading comprehension when you're not discussing the topic at hand and insist on pushing your own agenda.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017

it doesn't only come up about her and whataboutism isn't a sufficient defense. it's laser focused on her at the moment because she's the star of one of the biggest movies of the year and that movie involves issues of war/pacifism and feminism, which are obviously deeply ingrained in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, and because Gadot's comments explicitly support the IDF and she was a member. when Seth Rogen reveals his secret IDF past and replaces Chris Evans as Captain America you will have a point. as it stands you're being willfully obtuse.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having the same problem with Gal Gadot that I'm having with SW: Battlefront 2.

I love the universe, but I hate underlying the systems.

I'm afraid to support something I love because it feels like I'm being a hypocrite for also indirectly supporting something I hate. The dichotomy is crushing.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Her views aren't entirely unexpected since it's her home country. I'd expect them to clash heavily with the views of other who don't have that bias though because conflicts over there are....complex, to say the least.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the jewish people existing does not justify them killing palestinians and occupying their land

assuming you're american, i think you would see things differently if native americans bulldozed your house and bathed your family in white phosphorous, regardless of how terribly they were treated in the past (and present)
if anything, they're the one's that should know how it feels to have your lands occupied, to be driven out of them, and to be killed for no reason. this whole thing is the biggest irony in history, the fact that they're doing to palestinians what they used as a reason to form their country.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My problem with defending her using the argument "not knowing that much because she was raised this way" is that no one here will use the exact argument when talking about american racists, and that's ok, because is a terrible argument to use really

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Getting a Nobel Peace Prize, maybe not.

Getting one for reaching peace between Israel and Jordan, while also brokering the Oslo Accords that could have actually resulted in peace in the region probably merits some recognition though. Peres vacillated between a hawk and a peacemaker but he was a far better option than the outright hawk that is Netanyahu.

Both sides come from moral philosophies that haven't evolved with the times. A huge part of the problem with Israel is that it still very much embraces "eye for an eye" justice, as does the Muslim world. As long as every provocation is met with escalating violence there isn't going to be a meaningful end.

I personally don't see it ending until either A. Israel has fully eradicated "Palestine", which is what Netanyahu is currently engaged in, B. Islamic nations rise up and wipe Israel out during a period of global conflict where the western world won't engage to defend them (unlikely) or C. another major global conflict occurs and all the lines draw post-WWII can be re-drawn into something more viable.
Kinda hoping there is a plan 4 then.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017

Just saying.

As someone who lived in Lebanon for 16 years, going through multiple wars with Israel and listening to IDF planes soar in the skies as their bombs explode in Beirut and the surrounding area, yeah, it's all misogyny for me.

Deleted member 2945

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't "could be".

It was definite.

Say we were all misogynists, we've only targeted her because she is a woman, does it change the facts about her supporting the IDF and what the IDF have done to Palestinians?

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
I'm afraid to support something I love because it feels like I'm being a hypocrite for also indirectly supporting something I hate. The dichotomy is crushing.

Now this, I don't think this is necessary. Support her all you want, she's an amazing actress and as our new mascot buffoon here has said, she spreads a positive message about female empowerment. Supporting someone who supports a government that perpetrates genocide doesn't make you indirectly support genocide - or otherwise you should be some sort of Israel-free vegan, boycotting anything that directly or indirectly has anything to do with Israel breeding violence. You don't have to get behind her in every issue to support her.

Aaron Stack

Banned
Nov 13, 2017

True, they are a terrorist organization who has fed on the desperation of their people to get away with crimes against their own people and citizens abroad. Not just a terrorist organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.