• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
California
Credit to AllAboutSamsung.de

Galaxy_S10_Live_Image_6.jpg

Galaxy_S10_Live_Image_3-1-1500x1125.jpg

More on their site.

Looks pretty good. I'm really encouraged by the fact that they kept the headphone jack.

Edit:
That's a massive battery!

_______

As an aside, I can't wait to see what the Note brings.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well then, I may have found my next phone.

How bad is Samsung bloatware? I'm coming from stock Android here.

Jul 26, 2018
Well.... Looks like i'll buy the S10 Plus if this is true.

Said it on the last phone thread. I still got a Iphone 5s and getting a S10 Plus would be a nice huge upgrade.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I really hope in-display fingerprint sensor comes to the next iPhone, that is an awesome innovation. I love Touch ID.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
hasn't this all been known for a long time? These specific photos are new I guess, but not the info. Looks like another YAWN smartphone update.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Thinking about swapping over from iPhone when this releases.

I haven't used Android since the original Galaxy Nexus. You can root and put vanilla Android on Samsungs, right?

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of the pinhole; but I wasn't a fan of the notch either and grew to accept it.

With the Samsung patents that have been floating around; I feel like we're a generation away (Galaxy S11?) from having no notch/pinhole and having the camera hide behind the screen.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Well then, I may have found my next phone.

How bad is Samsung bloatware? I'm coming from stock Android here.

I jumped from a Pixel XL to a Note 8 and I hardly noticed it. I just disabled the things that I don't use (like Samsung's Browser and their email app).

I went from someone who despised Samsung's phones to loving the hell out of them since I got my Note 8.

Thinking about swapping over from iPhone when this releases.

I haven't used Android since the original Galaxy Nexus. You can root and put vanilla Android on Samsungs, right?

The international models can be rooted and have custom roms, but the US models have locked bootloaders and can't have custom roms installed, nor can they currently be rooted.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
They actually did it.

giphy.gif

Not a fan of anything blocking a full clean rectangle on the main display, even if it's a small hole, but putting the fingerprint under the screen without obstructing the display is a pretty amazing feat.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I'd rather have a top bezel than a notch or a weird hole in the middle.
Guess I'll be keeping my S9+ for a bit longer. Very happy they're keeping the headphone jack. i just wish they'd go full LG Vxx and add a nice DAC.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm glad to see them pushing technology forward like this. I hope Apple follows suit.

Knugen

Avenger
Nov 30, 2017
Sweden
The manufacture price on those screens must be insane due to the hole, I feel bad for any technician that will have to open up those phones.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
God I hate the pinhole. I'd rather have the notch tbh.

I was very interested in the new Galaxy phones but I'll pass for now and wait for the new iPhones.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well shit. How is the samsung jank?
There's not really much to speak of. Bixby is whatever, but I never use it and it never makes its presence known unless you hit the side button for it (although it's possible to remap it to something else). The internet browser is actually pretty good. I switched over from chrome and it's faster and less ram and battery hungry in my experience. And Samsung Pay is just the best.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But so many people here told me I have to embrace the bluetooth audio future because every flagship phone will ditch the headphone jack this year.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
My s7 is showing it's age, mainly in the battery department...
Good news is, Samsung started using new cells starting on the s8 that last a lot longer than any other cells in the market (we are talking about 8-10% battery degradation over 2 years!)

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. Might be the first Samsung phone I actually like the way it looks..

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I would get this if it wasn't for the curved edges, everything about this phone is appealing to me except for that(and maybe the pinhole camera but it's a compromise).

Status
Not open for further replies.