Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, might finally ditch my shitty A52s and just go for...I guess a S23+. Shame. Don't expect any big price drop though, unfortunately.
Or maybe I just keep it another year. Feels a bit wasteful otherwise. We'll see.
The A52s is still a solid device, I think you can easily use it until support ends. I'm on a S10 Lite and support is just about to end next month, lovely device. After 887 charge cycles I no longer have an acceptable screen on time so I'm on the market for something new. But after almost four years of using a device with a Qualcomm SoC and modem I really don't know if I want to go with the trouble of enduring Exynos... Who knows, maybe the 2400 is great and efficiency isn't all that bad, my main concern really is the modem and judging by the Pixels it's going to be total ass. Maybe the fact that the modem is integrated into the SoC may help a bit (it's a separate chip on the Pixel), guess we'll have to wait for reviews.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm rocking my S10e...this might be the year I upgrade.

I'm going to miss my headphone jack and expandable storage though :(
I tried an iphone 13 for 3 weeks, gave it a proper shake (I've switched between Android and Apple a few times before already so I'm used to both UIs), and I sold it to go back to my S10.

It's showing its age a bit but it's still good enough where I'm unwilling to "upgrade" to "modern" phones with fewer features.

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
For those (like me) who have the S22 Ultra....What about this excites you? I assumed the 23 would be a minor upgrade from the 22 (and it was) but this feels like yet another small step. There is nothing that I see with this phone that I can't already do pretty well with my 22 Ultra.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Then I hold.

Actually Asus's latest ROG phone has 2 usb slots and a headphone jack, as per MKBHD's latest preview, and is a spec monster. I'm keeping an eye on it.
That would probably be a better choice for your use case then. Personally while I didn't like the removal of the headphone port I upgraded the year they removed it and got free wireless headphones and kinda came round on preferring them. I'm not really big on the phone this year with the chip and the giveaway apparently being the dumb watch, but it's just kind of time to upgrade so gotta bite the bullet

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
The A52s is still a solid device, I think you can easily use it until support ends. I'm on a S10 Lite and support is just about to end next month, lovely device. After 887 charge cycles I no longer have an acceptable screen on time so I'm on the market for something new. But after almost four years of using a device with a Qualcomm SoC and modem I really don't know if I want to go with the trouble of enduring Exynos... Who knows, maybe the 2400 is great and efficiency isn't all that bad, my main concern really is the modem and judging by the Pixels it's going to be total ass. Maybe the fact that the modem is integrated into the SoC may help a bit (it's a separate chip on the Pixel), guess we'll have to wait for reviews.
Yeah, you're right. I was unreasonable there. Thanks.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you're right. I was unreasonable there. Thanks.
Depends on your battery of course, try looking for a replacement one if you feel like the battery isn't all that great. And obviously if you're feeling like getting new stuff, go for it and try to pass the A52s to someone else or selling it somewhere. Samsung trade in prices for Europe is absolute balls so I don't think it's worth it to trade in the A52s for the S23+

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
I have the iphone 15 pro and will probably trade that in for the standard s24. I'll probably eat a few hundred dollars, but I'm not enjoying my move from an s21 to the 15 pro, so it'll be worth it

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
another S21 owner here, battery is finally starting to get worse so I should probably see if T-Mobile gonna do any trade in deals

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried an iphone 13 for 3 weeks, gave it a proper shake (I've switched between Android and Apple a few times before already so I'm used to both UIs), and I sold it to go back to my S10.

It's showing its age a bit but it's still good enough where I'm unwilling to "upgrade" to "modern" phones with fewer features.
I'd keep going with the 10e if I could but it's showing its age with apps and stuff, but I get what you mean. A lot of what I enjoy in the S10e will feel like I'm downgrading with the S24 if I go through with it.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
First time in a while I'm not upgrading yearly mainly because I'm travelling right now in Korea.

Maybe I'll upgrade my Fold 3 this year to the new Fold

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
My s23 is doing great. I'm worried about the snapdragon gen 3 power efficiency and the AI features seem over hyped.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
another S21 owner here, battery is finally starting to get worse so I should probably see if T-Mobile gonna do any trade in deals
Same situation, S21+ owner. T-Mobile currently only offers $85 for trade in, but I would assume they'll do a promo once the new ones are available to order. Otherwise, I already have a $50 credit with Samsung, so it may be cheaper to get it through them since I did a quick check & their trade in offer is $135.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't like the Pixel 7A and have been thinking about getting a Galaxy as a replacement if they have a good deal. But smaller size is important, so we'll see what the official dimensions are.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Promotional literature aimed at retailers leaked on a Portuguese forum, looks like we're getting 4 years of OS updates and 5 security, no change in policy.

EDIT: 7 years confirmed during the event

Last edited:

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
FFS

again with the shitty Exynos chip on the base model. Longterm the phone turns into hot dodo as always.

I might go with Pixel 8 or 9 this year.

LordFlash

Mar 24, 2023
I don't really get what AI is gonna do on my phone to make it useful.

The possibilities are endless.

For example, instead of tapping on the Uber icon and just selecting where you want to go, you could (with the power of AI) tap the AI button, say "get me an uber to X" in an increasingly exasperated voice about 6-7 times till it understands you and crashes the Uber app.

You are only limited by your imagination.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017

I've had a lot of problems with my S21. Battery life is still decent, but I miss calls all the time and have some other random problems. I was considering the Pixel 8 Pro, but I'll probably end up getting an S24 Ultra.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
i have an european s23 base and it's great?! what's the problem with Exynos?
Exynos is Samsung's in house SoC designed and built by them. The issue here is the "built" part: Samsung Foundry is way behind TSMC. Exynos for the past few years have run hotter, use way too much power and their modem is woeful.

Here in Europe we usually get cursed with Exynos, S23 was an exception because the Exynos 2300 was such a shitshow that Sammy canceled it and decided to just give us Snapdragon. And for the S21 and S22 Qualcomm had to resort to Samsung Foundry to build the Snapdragon 888 and 8 Gen 1, everyone lost there.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017

For example, instead of tapping on the Uber icon and just selecting where you want to go, you could (with the power of AI) tap the AI button, say "get me an uber to X" in an increasingly exasperated voice about 6-7 times till it understands you and crashes the Uber app.

Sold

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Not much details listed but product pages are up on Walmart.
www.walmart.com

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S24 Onyx Black 128GB - Walmart.com

Buy AT&T Samsung Galaxy S24 Onyx Black 128GB at Walmart.com
www.walmart.com

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S24 Plus Marble Gray 256GB - Walmart.com

Buy AT&T Samsung Galaxy S24 Plus Marble Gray 256GB at Walmart.com
www.walmart.com

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Titanium Black 256GB - Walmart.com

Buy AT&T Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Titanium Black 256GB at Walmart.com

Make every day epic with Galaxy S24. From using a photo to find a new recipe, to capturing low light pics of your creation, do more easily with Galaxy S24. Epic , just like that.
  • Live Translate - Speak foreign languages on the spot, right from inside the Samsung Phone app, with Live Translate.
  • Nightography Zoom - Bring your night into the light. Incredible low light shots made easy.
  • Generative Edit - Move or remove objects. Fill in empty space with Generative Edit. Requires Samsung account log in and internet connection.
  • High Resolution - Share more of life's most share worthy moments in natural, true to life color with 50MP camera.
  • Screen Display - See it all in stunning detail on the bigger and brighter screens* of Galaxy S24 and Galaxy S24 Plus. Look at your pics outside without squinting or looking for shade. And wind down before bed with your screen at just the right brightness, thanks to Eye Comfort Shield. No matter where you are, see what you love clearly. *As compared to Galaxy S23 and Galaxy S23 Plus.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Mrs. wants to move back to Samsung from her Pixel 7 Pro. Didn't like or care for the Pixel experience outside of the camera, so probably getting her this phone. I have the S23 Ultra which still is running good, but if there's a good deal, I'll upgrade to the 24 as well. All signed up for the $50 credit and looking forward to any deals for early buyers.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mrs. wants to move back to Samsung from her Pixel 7 Pro. Didn't like or care for the Pixel experience outside of the camera, so probably getting her this phone. I have the S23 Ultra which still is running good, but if there's a good deal, I'll upgrade to the 24 as well. All signed up for the $50 credit and looking forward to any deals for early buyers.
Did you actually get the credit? I signed up and my wife did too but never got the email with it. It's seeming a bit late at this point unless they're really going last second with it

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017

For some reason thanking siri after she saves a reminder for me always befuddles the poor thing. I've stopped doing it but now i feel ungrateful. I'm sorry for everything.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
A 200mp camera?! Is that crazy high or am I just not well versed on current cell phone camera specs lol

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to let ya know the S24 is on T-Mobile's site & they're doing a $200 trade-in if you have a basic plan. $500 if you have their higher tier Magenta plan.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
200mp camera? So those Samsung camera moon memes will be real after all?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, $400 trade in for my S21+ plus the $50 reserve credit if bought via Samsung directly.

That's be $550 for a 512GB S24+, or $23/mo. That's...super tempting.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Did you actually get the credit? I signed up and my wife did too but never got the email with it. It's seeming a bit late at this point unless they're really going last second with it
They emailed me back saying I reserved the $50 credit. I didn't have any redemption code or link, so I assume it's assigned to the email you used to reserve the credit.