Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Pokémon has a dpecial place in my heart. It's thr first game I ever played (Yellow), and I have loved them for as long as I had access to them (I didn't own a DS or 3DS).

Sapphire has a special place even among Pokémon. I got it for my birthday after I got a GBA SP for Sinterklaas, and I was stunned by the beautiful Pokémon, the epic environments and the awesome variety in things to do! This game really gave me that wondrous sense of adventure that the first two didn't quite, and it made me love the franchise so much more.

I can't wait for Sword/Shield. They try to give me that sense of adventure back with the open world structure of the Wild Area, while keeping the things that made me love Pokémon: beautiful designs, turn-based combat, varied locations, and add the visibility of Pokémon in the world.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
67b.jpg

At that stretched image

Not just stretched, but horribly filtered too.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Pokemon games are like the comfort food of gaming. You know what you're going to get but it's always going to be an enjoyable experience that makes you feel better. Can't even the list the amount of times I've played through each Pokemon game, they've been a huge part of my life.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
The first game I ever played by myself was Pokémon Silver, when I was 3 or 4 years old. Ever since, I've been hooked to the series. I've played every single generation, a bunch of spin-off games, I own a bunch of Pokémon merchandising...

Pokémon is a huge part of my life and it makes me very sad that the people involved in the games are feeling down because of a controversial decision that they had to make.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Pokemon Yellow and Crystal are two of my favourite game of all time. I played them so many times i can't even remember right now. I wish the new games would capture me the way those games did years ago.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
I love the worlds Game Freak has designed. They have as much "personality" now as they did back then. I will most likely continue to love the adventures they put together.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I love the worlds Game Freak has designed. They have as much "personality" now as they did back then. I will most likely continue to love the adventures they put together.
100% Agreed.

I think Sw/Sh oozes with personnality, helped by the jump to Switch. Pokemon are more present than ever in towns and that makes them more alive.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like Toby Fox loves them too ! (Give it a read, it is heartwarming) :

Hi everyone! I'm Toby Fox. Have you heard of me before? Well, that's 'cause I just said my name. LOL

Jokes aside, aren't you interested in how all of this happened? Well... OK. I'll tell you, I guess.

Once upon a time, I created an RPG game called UNDERTALE. For one reason or another, it seems a lot of people from GAME FREAK ended up becoming fans of this game.

One day, I noticed Go Ichinose-san, one of the composers for Pokémon, was following me on Twitter, so... I messaged him out of the blue.

Eventually, we became friends and I was able to meet many other people from GAME FREAK, too! After eating sukiyaki with members of the company one day, we went to a cafe. There, I ordered a bottled green tea and selfishly, randomly asked if I could make a song for Pokémon someday...

... they said yes! Right there in the cafe, they immediately told me a concept for a song I could make, and, as I walked home, my heart was burning with inspiration... a melody entered my head, and as I stumbled past salarymen in the dark, I sang it to myself over and over so I wouldn't forget it!

In the end, that song... became the song you can hear in the game!

It's a fierce track full of explosive power. I wanted to show the energy and passion I felt when asked to create a song for Pokémon! Yeahh! Let's get wild, baby!!! Ah, but wait, wait a second. It's the only song I made, and you can't hear it until you beat the game, so... make sure you enjoy GAME FREAK's music properly first, OK!? Adachi-san and Ichinose-san worked hard.... Don't rush through the whole game just to hear my song.... (No one would actually ever do that.)

Oh, and this goes without saying, but it's a huge honor to be allowed to make music for GAME FREAK! I'm so, so happy and thankful I was allowed to do this. So please look forward to the song, and to Pokémon Sword and Shield, as well! Yamper yam yam!

PS - If you like it, please let GAME FREAK know. They might treat me to sukiyaki again. (No one would ever actually do that.)

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like Toby Fox loves them too ! (Give it a read, it is heartwarming) :

Wow that's really heartwarming alright, that he became a friend with everyone at Game Freak and that he was allowed to compose, the way he reacted, he seems really down to earth and natural. I'm glad that became possible for him :)

As for Pokémon itself, it's quite a special series for me too. Basically my entire memories growing up up to till now even a littered with Pokémon here and there. From waiting anxiously for the release of Pokémon Red and the day finally coming, going to the shopping-center with my mum as early as possible to watching the anime religiously each day after school and playing most the games, the Pokémon games are just comfort for my soul.

I played everything but Mystery Dungeon, Ranger and sadly also not Soul Silver or Heart Gold but yeah I'm glad the series exists and I hope it always will. I do understand the negativity from invested fans, especially those that compete or take their Pokémon forward with each mainline-release but I do find that the negativity spirals a bit out of control lately.

#ThankYouGameFreak is trending worldwide
OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Moved by the same sentiment, thousands and thousands of people are sharing their gratitude to GF for everything their work brought to their lives :

through the hashtag : #ThankYouGameFreak