• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Skyward Sword is a really funny playthrough so far, and good on the Grumps for doing it. But, man, Arin is really doubling down on his habit of stating shit that he doesn't know for sure as absolute fact ("they scrapped the game and started over," "you don't actually have to press the 'B' button here, it does it automatically," "you definitely can't remove the Wii remote from the HUD"). It's really shitty, because Dan is just an affable enough dude to accept it at face value, and it immediately colors his opinion since he sees Arin as an authority on gaming.

It's a habit I really wish Arin would work on -- if you don't know something, it's okay to just not know.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a habit I really wish Arin would work on -- if you don't know something, it's okay to just not know.

Yeah, he's good in admitting he doesn't know stuff in one area, but in videogames he kind of just rambles and doesn't seem to be certain on stuff so just goes on. I don't think it's ego as much as Arin is not the brightest guy (sorry Arin) so probably believes what he's saying because he hasn't checked or been told otherwise.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Danny's life has been so interesting!!! Both of theirs has, I really enjoyed the wikis.

Did anyone tune into the livestream? I watched what I could.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm still waiting for someone to update the images on his wikipage.

Also, Panoptic is hilarious. I loved seeing Dan trying to deceive Arin.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the problem with the images getting updated is copyright related. People have tried to change them only for them to revert back soon after because the owner of the pics has to do it themselves. That, or they would need a public use picture or something.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Could Dan update with pictures he owns?

And these power hours really brighten my Mondays. And this one was too good.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Arin literally read the message on the stone that says to look up to where the "bird" is looking. The bird. On the door.

And that is totally not how the Goddess Cubes work, Arin. Not at all. (I wish it was though because there are like hardly any islands at all in this game. Say what you will about Wind Waker, at least the vastly empty world was full of life compared to the sky in this game.)

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a question for the cool kids today: does it seem the uploads have been more screwed up than usual the past six months or so? Missing videos, wrong uploads, wrong labels on the videos, and today is another example with the wrong Zelda vid uploaded, then taken down, and today's put back in place (and it taking hours for them to apparently realize this).

Whoever is running that part of the channel over at their offices need to get their shit straight. It's getting old.

That being said, to sound less whiney: the rule you can't wear a band shirt to see said band live is dumb, but don't wear another band's shirt. That's weaksauce. Nobody should wear a Foo Fighter's shirt to see The Red Hot Chili Peppers and nobody should wear a Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt ever.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a question for the cool kids today: does it seem the uploads have been more screwed up than usual the past six months or so? Missing videos, wrong uploads, wrong labels on the videos, and today is another example with the wrong Zelda vid uploaded, then taken down, and today's put back in place (and it taking hours for them to apparently realize this).

Whoever is running that part of the channel over at their offices need to get their shit straight. It's getting old.
Ly1Jlur.gif

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Are they overworked right now or something? They do seem to be doing a lot, meaning loads of editing. Also, I was half-way through that episode of Skyward Sword when it was taken down. I paused it, came back and my browser refreshed and it was no longer there, I didn't even notice it was the wrong episode lol.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Arin complaining that the first puzzle in the first dungeon was too hard.

Arin literally read the message on the stone that says to look up to where the "bird" is looking. The bird. On the door.

And that is totally not how the Goddess Cubes work, Arin. Not at all. (I wish it was though because there are like hardly any islands at all in this game. Say what you will about Wind Waker, at least the vastly empty world was full of life compared to the sky in this game.)
I mean, I was disappointed by the sky, but considering the Surface areas the major "islands" of Skyward Sword, they're a huge improvement over Wind Waker's areas. Plus the sky doesn't take nearly as long to cross. When I played WW the first time I would just aim my boat in the direction of the next island and go to the kitchen while I waited.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they overworked right now or something?

I can't imagine in terms GG stuff. Maybe it's because Matt and Ryan are also doing Supermega on top of editing Gamegrumps and, I have to think, doing the upload schedule so they're doing too much of their own thing. Because I don't recall as much issues when it was Barry and Kevin but they also didn't have their own stuff really.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Arin complaining that the first puzzle in the first dungeon was too hard.

I mean, I was disappointed by the sky, but considering the Surface areas the major "islands" of Skyward Sword, they're a huge improvement over Wind Waker's areas. Plus the sky doesn't take nearly as long to cross. When I played WW the first time I would just aim my boat in the direction of the next island and go to the kitchen while I waited.
Sailing is much more fun, and a looooooot more comfortable, than flying thanks to WW not having gyroscopic motion controls. With the sky you're constantly wagging and flailing to keep your wings flapping. And the ocean had a lot more stuff to do along the way. Most of the time you'd have a destination but you'd decide to veer off course to check out an enemy lookout tower or play the rupee barrel game. Flying all you have is chasing birds and avoiding Octoroks. Then you have to actually land on the island once you find it which is a pain in the ass to aim.

Sure yeah the overworld (Well um, underworld?) had a lot to do too so that's cool. But the sky is just so annoying to navigate.

Then there's the annoyance of getting around within each of the main underworld zones. In order to teleport to another bird statue you need to waste so much time first warping back into the sky which has a fairly long cutscene then once you're on your bird you need to turn around and fly back towards the column of light and wait until you're in place to drop then wait for the animation of Link falling to play before you're presented with a map to choose the location to land then wait for another animation of you landing. Could have been easily avoided with a fast travel option on each statue.

But this isn't a Skyward Sword thread. I'll make one of those when I finish the game.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I can't imagine in terms GG stuff. Maybe it's because Matt and Ryan are also doing Supermega on top of editing Gamegrumps and, I have to think, doing the upload schedule so they're doing too much of their own thing. Because I don't recall as much issues when it was Barry and Kevin but they also didn't have their own stuff really.
Yeah, it's kinda crazy that they still have to do their own show, must be tiring.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I thought Barry/Kevin was editing her stuff in the beginning. But that's pretty cool she does it on her own. It feels like a lot of bigger YTers don't edit their own stuff anymore.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Barry/Kevin was editing her stuff in the beginning. But that's pretty cool she does it on her own. It feels like a lot of bigger YTers don't edit their own stuff anymore.

There's not a ton of work in her vids to be done. She plays, records, then adds the opening (sometimes). She doesn't have an out vid like Grumps and doesn't put up links at the end as it just cuts out (which I always feel is weird especially after watching a Grumps vid like I do in the morning). It's the style that is so different so I kind of just assumed it was her doing everything.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"And then you can all draw your weird Harry Potter fanfiction of us."
"Dude it's not weird, it's cool. People are gonna draw all kinds of cool shit--"
"They're gonna draw us blowing each other, I've seen the fucking internet. Now we'll just have fuckin' stripey scarves while we do it."

I'm fucking dying

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Hearing Dan get so frustrated is funny, he's always so chill, but then they'll play some quirky game that just pisses him off.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
These zelda playthroughs are pretty sad, especially since he's following a guide and still struggles

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
These zelda playthroughs are pretty sad, especially since he's following a guide and still struggles
I knew the irony gardens would be in full bloom once he said it was the simplest, most linear Zelda game, on top of it being the one that holds your hand the most. The moment they had to reach for a guide almost felt inevitable.

He's also not making much of an effort to learn the controls, so I'm fully expecting to hear a lot more about how the controls are broken when the game starts demanding more of him.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The Game & Wario Doodle Race episode made me laugh so much.

Also, Arin has finally removed most of the HUD in Skyward Sword! It's a shame he still complains about the most minor things that are almost always his fault. At least Dan is there to tell him the truth.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm so glad he finally sheepishly admitted he was wrong about the HUD. And even mentioned how Fi literally told them about it as they were arguing whether it can be removed or not.

All according to plan.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda love arins obsession with squall(even though it was probably paid for)

also him calling Gilgamesh, 'Girugamesh'

I know the video he's referencing loool