• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

View: https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1671186982590881793?s=46&t=wTNHUBlan8HPJ4JBiX7KGw

www.gameinformer.com

Cover Reveal – Armored Core VI Fires Of Rubicon

Read all about From Software's next big game in our exclusive ten-page cover story.

Early in June, we flew out to Tokyo, Japan, to visit From Software to be the first people in the world to see Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon. While the AC series has been with From for its entire history as a game developer, and has a passionate fanbase, compared to the Soulsborne games, this is a step back to an incredibly niche series. One From is now trying to bring to its massive audience.

Video editor Alex Van Aken and I have seen around two hours of the game and interviewed multiple people on the development and publishing side for our ten-page cover story

357-gold.jpg

Last edited:

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
357_cover_spread.jpg

www.gameinformer.com

Cover Reveal – Armored Core VI Fires Of Rubicon

Read all about From Software's next big game in our exclusive ten-page cover story.

By most measures, From Software's success is a surprise. Not because it makes bad games; time has proven it makes some of the greatest games of all time. But because it makes incredibly difficult, obtuse games, such as the Soulsborne titles, defined by their challenge and willingness to go against common game design philosophies. From Software reached a critical and commercial apex in 2022 when it released Elden Ring, its most popular game to date by a large margin. And now that it's become a household name in the gaming world, the studio is going back to its roots.

Early in June, we flew out to Tokyo, Japan, to visit From Software to be the first people in the world to see Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon. While the AC series has been with From for its entire history as a game developer, and has a passionate fanbase, compared to the Soulsborne games, this is a step back to an incredibly niche series. One From is now trying to bring to its massive audience.

Video editor Alex Van Aken and I have seen around two hours of the game and interviewed multiple people on the development and publishing side for our ten-page cover story, diving into the history of the series, why From is returning to Armored Core after ten years away, and what players can expect. Spoiler alert: they shouldn't expect a Souls game.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
That cover is fire. Looks like I'll be buying the issue when it releases.

What's the deal with their "GI Gold" limited edition collectibles? Are they social media follow giveaways or do you have to jump through additional hoops?

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
That cover is fire. Looks like I'll be buying the issue when it releases.

What's the deal with their "GI Gold" limited edition collectibles? Are they social media follow giveaways or do you have to jump through additional hoops?
Mostly giveaways I think

www.gameinformer.com

Game Informer Gold

Want to get your hands on a copy? Each edition of Game Informer Gold is limited with a small print run and we are currently not selling subscriptions or individual copies. Fear not, although you can't purchase your own, here are some places you can keep an eye on for a chance at winning one:
  • Giveaways shown on this page, you can visit our contests page for Game Informer Gold giveaways as well as other fun prizes
  • Giveaways during our Twitch streams

zaktmt

Jun 12, 2023
Well, looks like there is going to be a 2nd physical issue I'm gonna have to buy. I just bought the FFXVI issue. Will definitely buy this.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They picked the exact right time to flick the switch away from dark fantasy settings.
This is gonna clean up!

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
That's a facking good cover!
Generally speaking the cover on gaming magazines are mostly miles better then the actual game front cover.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Sheesh. Kinda want to buy just for that cover as well. Can't wait for this game.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
GI cover looks really sick.

Is there a reason to use VI, is it a continuation of previous games? Sometimes I think that just using Armored Core would be better for attracting new players.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've said it before but... As a loooong time fan, it's bizarre living in a world where people are hyped for armored core.

GI cover looks really sick.

Is there a reason to use VI, is it a continuation of previous games? Sometimes I think just using Armored Core would be better for attracting new players.

Think of it like Pokemon. It's "armored core gen 6". Not the 6th armored core.

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
I wouldn't say plenty. Press saw a whole demo but they were only allowed to share 2 minutes of it or something.
Yeah 3-4 months before Elden Ring's release it had a 20 ish minute gameplay footage video out, they might ramp up the marketing soon as they usually do close to launch.

Keziaka6591

Jan 31, 2023
Just a heads up it seems this issue is free to download off the GI app. I'm not a subscriber and downloading it rn!