Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The leak claims that Final Fantasy 16 and a new IP from Square Enix, Crimson Arbitium, will be unveiled this summer at a gaming event. It is unclear which event, although many will hope it is connected to the upcoming PlayStation 5 events. Despite there being no clear date or event for the announcement of Final Fantasy 16, there are some interesting comments about what will feature in it. It seems that the game will, as expected, take place in a new fantasy-based universe but this time it will incorporate steampunk elements. The post also claims that Naoki Yoshida, who is considered by many responsible for salvaging Final Fantasy 14, will act as the director of the project. Many fans will be excited by the prospect of Yoshida solely directing a game without having to fix previous issues.

The leak claims that the Yoshida led project will have combat inspiration from Final Fantasy 15 and Dark Souls. While many players will have expected the newly implemented active combat in Final Fantasy 15 to feature as it was also used in the Final Fantasy 7 remake, some may be confused by the Dark Souls influence. The Final Fantasy games often use groups of characters that players can utilize and do not share the same difficulty as the Souls games and as a result, it would be interesting to see how these elements would interlink.

t.co

Final Fantasy 16 Announcement Coming This Summer, Says Rumor

A leak claims that a Final Fantasy 16 announcement is coming this summer and it also mentions some interesting game features and plans.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Idk if its legit, but I believe it because I want to.

A new mainline Final Fantasy, it's been so long.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
And half life 3 will be out by winter exclusively for mac

These sites needs to calm down now.....

May 10, 2018
I know a lot of people here believe that we won't see FFXVI for a while but didn't a verified poster say something along the lines of "FFXVI isn't as far away as people think"?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this before and it said the new IP/Agni game is taking inspiration from Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light which sounds kind of nonsensical for a massive budget AAAA new IP. That smacks of someone picking a random, slightly more obscure SE/FF game to name.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Cetra civilization like world
Final Fantasy 4 like character designs
Turn based combat

Come on.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Sounds about right from what I've heard. Don't expect it to be Taro on this and it could very well be in the next couple of weeks.

OP
OP
The Last One

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really not hard to believe that FF XVI will get announced at the Ps5 event. Both FF XIII and XV got announced at the E3 before a new console launch.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
That second IP name is so crazy sounding that it *totally* could be a Square Enix game.

God I hope this is true. I think right now FFXVI is most most anticipated unannounced game. I gotta see what it is.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
giphy.webp

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe this particular rumor because by own YoshiP admission, he's not stepping down as the director/producer of XIV for the foresable future. If there's a FFXVI it won't be directed by him.

Is probably by his own division.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
It's a reddit link to a 4chan leak. with seemingly no corroboration from the author of the article.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
SE is not making anything like Dark Souls. Their whole design philosophy the past decade is not making anything strictly action OR strictly turn-based when it comes to releasing a mass-market AAA FF.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
I do think an announcement will come. I also think we are several years away from its release. All this based on historic precedent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.