• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Most auctions will add the extra time because it's usually better for the seller if there's a bidding war going on as it allows for that war to drag on until someone gives up. I'm sure this would've gone way past 100k yen if this time extension had been enabled.

Very true, and whoever got this, got a pretty good "deal" imo because that was one of few times I have seen the extension turned off.

Double post, but my Rocket Knight and Kid Dracula shipped! So excited!
Very cool BTails! Interested in the RK record myself, keep us posted in what you think about it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
So did anyone see the Dragon Quest 4 symphonic suite sell for ~650 last night?

Thats the most I have ever seen a VGM record go for. Crazy nuts.

Then feast your eyes on this: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p576060863

It sold a few months back. Whoever bought that one must be a little bitter right now. But this is a title that hasn't been on auction for years, so for 2 to appear within a few months is just insane. No doubt one of the rarest VGM vinyl records out there.

Heading out to Tokyo early June. Will spend most of the two weeks there digging through record shops for VGM vinyl and the missing Bubblegum Crisis albums :D

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Finally got some proper storage for my records, I cannot emphasize how important this is for everyone planning on collecting...not too long ago I noticed some warping on my records and got really sad. :(

I decided to check out Crosleys record crate (~35 bucks on amazon) to see if its a worthy product. It exceeded my expectations, its very sturdy, and holds many records...Going to order another one as this only fits half of my collection! Really pleased, well worth the investment!

Best part, setup was simple and took about ~30minutes.

I am not affiliated with Crosley in anyway, except a satisfied customer!
AeUfXVJ.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
It isn't necessarily a game soundtrack, but I'll post anywho...The Protomen have a pre-order up for Act 2: The Father of Death. Not sure if anyone has heard or listened to them, but if not and you like musicals, Megaman, or the music of Meatloaf---Jim Steinman helped write---then I highly suggest you give it a try on spotify. It's an amazing album.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Any word yet on when that Panzer Dragoon Saga remaster is going to go up for preorder?

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
That cover is pretty awesome, didn't realize it was a lenticular thing.

I'm not familiar enough with the soundtrack's track names to know, but how "essential" are the songs on the two bonus discs? Considering getting the 4x release but I'm not sure how bothered I'd be missing out on a third of the tracks.

Oct 27, 2017
If available, is anyone picking up extra copies of the album from the Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert this week?
I'm sure plenty of us would happily cover any costs.
Me. I need the opera.

I ordered the Persona 5 second pressing with my coupon so I don't have it but I feel like the minigames on side D should have been pushed to the deluxe record.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
how difficult it might be to find a record on the market? not VG related, it's just I'm trying to find a record I've been pursuing but it appear out of stock in the only place I've found it...

Oct 25, 2017
Getting my first record player this week! My buddy's helping me hook everything up, I'm really excited. I'll take photos of the setup - I already have 5 records (mostly video game but one for my girlfriend too), can't wait to listen to them lol.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Getting my first record player this week! My buddy's helping me hook everything up, I'm really excited. I'll take photos of the setup - I already have 5 records (mostly video game but one for my girlfriend too), can't wait to listen to them lol.
I should have had first my record player since christmas but the customs of my country have been a extreme pain the ass about the packages... I'm still waiting on them to clear it.

Oct 25, 2017
I should have had first my record player since christmas but the customs of my country have been a extreme pain the ass about the packages... I'm still waiting on them to clear it.
That sucks to hear. :( Hopefully you get it soon- which did you order?

I'm getting the Audio Technica AT-LP120 off my friend's recommendation. He has like a $13,000 collection on Discogs and has been doing it for years so I trust him lol. Getting it local since I live in a college town.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That sucks to hear. :( Hopefully you get it soon- which did you order?

I'm getting the Audio Technica AT-LP120 off my friend's recommendation. He has like a $13,000 collection on Discogs and has been doing it for years so I trust him lol. Getting it local since I live in a college town.
I'm getting the same one!

to be honest, most sites/youtube channels/forums recommend that one, it's a bit expensive compared to others, but it offers excellent features and the prince is not as high as the other ones

I imported it from amazon, just playing the waiting game here. With any luck, I could have it before the month ends, I need to hear these Dark Souls records...

I'm the only one I know in my area that wants to hear to vinyls, so most of the info I hear are from here and what I search on the web.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Packaging for the Nier vinyl is top notch, somewhat justifies the $50 price tag

Oct 27, 2017
With the purchase of the Nier collection I think I'll take it easy on purchasing for a while unless I can find the 2-3 albums I want that are out of stock now.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought some Edifer speakers and got my turntable setup pretty close to where I want it:

033LXLq.jpg

RQQcD78.jpg

Complete with plenty of various nerd shit. I keep the records at the bottom of the shelf.

Oct 25, 2017
I bought some Edifer speakers and got my turntable setup pretty close to where I want it:

033LXLq.jpg

RQQcD78.jpg

Complete with plenty of various nerd shit. I keep the records at the bottom of the shelf.
My buddy advised against setting up this way because the vibration from the speaker isn't good for the turntable. I guess you'd be okay if your shelf is extremely solid though.

I have the same speakers and love them. :)

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've heard that too but I haven't heard any issues yet from playing. Then again I haven't gone down the rabbit hole of adjusting my turntable with protractor yet either so I may never notice. Down the link I may wall mount the speaks behind the shelf to ease any worry.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
It also says the release date is March 6, 2016. Like, two years ago. Obviously a typo ;)

It's tempting, but I wish you could get the vinyl separately. Anyone who wants this probably already has the game, no?

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It also says the release date is March 6, 2016. Like, two years ago. Obviously a typo ;)

It's tempting, but I wish you could get the vinyl separately. Anyone who wants this probably already has the game, no?
I've been waiting for a physical box set with a soundtrack, like the Life is Strange one I bought, but this is even better. That also means I have no idea how good (or bad?) the soundtrack is though. Are there any good tracks on there?