• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
This should have been done in HGSS by making her the Kanto Champion if the player chose Lyra. I personally prefer it when they remain ambiguous to a "canon" protagonist in Pokémon games.

Oct 25, 2017
Green's always been canon, least in Pokemon Adventures.

That aspect of it is definitely toned down after a while. There's still stuff that wouldn't be in any other official Pokémon media, but nothing to the extent of them getting cut in half.

It can still get pretty shounen anime at times, though.
image0.jpg

unknown.png
PKMN Manga is really something.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That aspect of it is definitely toned down after a while. There's still stuff that wouldn't be in any other official Pokémon media, but nothing to the extent of them getting cut in half.

It can still get pretty shounen anime at times, though.
image0.jpg

unknown.png

Shounen anime when it's a manga lol If anything it's shounen manga.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
BLUE it's been 84 years ;_;

now bring yellow into the fucking games ya cowards

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Geeen was always official starting FR/LG.

Not official in the sense that before she was just a player character, Red and Blue had been made canon characters in Silver and Gold because they return in those games and then they returned older in Sun and Moon.

Let's go letting you see Red, Blue and Leaf as their own canon NPCs means now Leaf exists in the canon as a character rather than an avatar.

KNTomg

May 18, 2018
Cool seeing them back, although they looked their best in Sun/Moon:

iu

Now Green's design is actually fan-art, but Nintendo started a "trend" with Red and Blue's vacation outfits, lol

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I can now find 1 positive thing about Let's Go.
No lies here.

The top rated comment on the Pokémon subreddit is saying that that's Green from Pokémon Adventures, not Leaf. Anyone know anything about this?
Aside from the fact that Green is the rival and Blue is the girl (because Green started with Charmander, and Red started with Bulbasaur, but due to story events they ended up trading their starters), Blue is an a**hole in the manga, she's a swindler, thief etc. Though she didn't stay that way, she's at least known for causing mischief. If the girl in Let's Go has some of those characteristics, I'd say you can call her Blue and not Leaf. But Leaf is based on Blue either way, same goes for this design.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
They seem to be the same age as the new players. I don't get it, why not just let us play as the original characters?

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Cool seeing them back, although they looked their best in Sun/Moon:

iu

Now Green's design is actually fan-art, but Nintendo started a "trend" with Red and Blue's vacation outfits, lol

That's because Sun and Moon had the best designs in the series, sadly Let's Go chibi style is 2 steps behind.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Was wondering where she was in sun and moon.

Speaking of, does the game takes place before sun and moon? Red and Blue/Gary dude looks older in those games than Let's Go.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
They seem to be the same age as the new players. I don't get it, why not just let us play as the original characters?

Because it's supposed to be somewhat of a side story to the OG RGBY, plus they might be trying to push the status of Red, Blue and Leaf as their own characters separate from the player.

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
Should have been in Alola, should have been in the original games too lol. There's some romhacks that do that which are pretty cool. And I remember silly flamewars over what her name is, so that will get settled finally. Good year for Leaf/Blue/Green fans

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Was wondering where she was in sun and moon.

Speaking of, does the game takes place before sun and moon? Red and Blue/Gary dude looks older in those games than Let's Go.
Red and Blue are like 11 in these games, in their 20's in Sun and Moon.

Wait, in that image posted in the OP, Red had a Bulbasaur?
The anime had an effect on what Red has canonically so he ends up with The trio and what not by GSC.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Leaf is her placeholder name in the code of FRLG. It's not quite official but also not quite a fan nickname.
The Leaf name has been used by a figure, so it seems to be official now.

https:///the-next-pokemon-artfx-j-figurine-is-leaf-with-squirtle/

It avoids the whole green/blue situation, so I'd guess they'll go ahead with it.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She's finally coming home. First Leaf escaping limbo in Smash and now Green being canon in Pokemon. What a time to be alive.