HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So it would seem there might be some bad blood between Remedy and Microsoft based on a question in here. GI asked him if he wanted to look into the camera and say anything to Microsoft. He said no. GI said you could say anything you want. He said that's the problem. Then he said I'll say thanks for letting us be on your platform. Happens around the 3:50 mark.

It's not surprising or anything given how Quantum Break went down but still found it interesting that he approached it like that.

Not that surprising considering how a lot of things played out between the two. Quantum Break was supposed to be one of those huge cross media IPs that MS was originally all about at the beginning of the generation. I'm guessing that entire element of MS' vision for the Xbox being totally scrapped rather quickly was not something that sat well with either party. That and everything else that seemed to be handled... awkwardly between the two.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited for this game. Haven't been able to play a Remedy game since Max Payne 2 and this looks right up my alley. Gonna be good.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/03/08/a-look-at-every-supernatural-ability-in-remedys-control

Just saw this new article and video convering the abilities in the game posted today.

Great video, gratitude for posting.

The effects on this game look amazing, but at times a bit overdone? Like the game could be a little cleaner? I didn't get this impression from the E3 trailer so I'm not sure it's about the area they were of if they added those in the time between.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/03/08/a-look-at-every-supernatural-ability-in-remedys-control

Just saw this new article and video convering the abilities in the game posted today.
So levitation seems to be an ability free of meter/stamina constraints and freely usable. That is crazy for the game's overall combat loop. Reaffirming the metroid vania-esque elements is nice to hear as well.

The effects on this game look amazing, but at times a bit overdone? Like the game could be a little cleaner? I didn't get this impression from the E3 trailer so I'm not sure it's about the area they were of if they added those in the time between.
From interviews, the devs sounded proud of all that debris so I guess it's very intentionally chaotic.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What they say about game not being...linear? Is open world then or it simple mean that you can explore the enviroment?

Also, i loved quantum break

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
"Levitate and Evade allow her to reach new areas, giving the game some light Metroid-style progression mechanics. While much of this gated progression is centered around the security clearance level you raise throughout the campaign, several points of interest require you to use a particular ability to reach them."

Seems you'll be returning to previous areas with new abilities and keycards/whatever to unlock new stuff.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Not that surprising considering how a lot of things played out between the two. Quantum Break was supposed to be one of those huge cross media IPs that MS was originally all about at the beginning of the generation. I'm guessing that entire element of MS' vision for the Xbox being totally scrapped rather quickly was not something that sat well with either party. That and everything else that seemed to be handled... awkwardly between the two.

& i'm guessing you're dead on here. which was unfortunate, because i've always thought that remedy'd done pretty well by microsoft. in a way, they were ms' version of quantic dream, &, while their games weren't smash hits, they are good-looking, solidly made games with enthusiastic fanbases. i'm glad they're now on their own (as is quantic dreams, also), & really wish them success with control - they deserve it :) ...

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Remedy is one of the few studios left making games in this vein, and I love them for it. When is the game launching? Later this year?