• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

341-reveal-full.jpg

unknown.png

www.gameinformer.com

Off The Golden Path – Progression And Exploration In Halo Infinite

We finally have a clear picture of what players can discover when they set off the beaten path.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
"After several hours with Halo Infinite, it's clear 343 is trying new things, especially related to optional exploration and upgrades. But I was also surprised by the pacing and flow of battles, and how much they recalled the earliest games in the Halo canon. The flow of individual exchanges with the Banished enemies has that distinct "feel" of Halo encounters I remember facing in the early 2000s. It's the mixing of that exciting combat loop with the more open-ended explorations that has me most excited about Halo Infinite. Even after just those few hours, it seems clear that this new juggernaut release will offer the most expansive and choice-driven Halo experience to date."

hell yeah

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
first day on the job offensive-Cortana is adorable. wonder how the game resolves the weapon and cortana, they are being very tight lipped about it. guessing it wont be finished by the end of the launch campaign.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I love what I just read and I'm for sure watching the 45 minute impression video. Good stuff

anotherdayinbk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the coop is going to focus more on the "dungeons" —like strikes and raids from destiny. That might be part of their long term strategy for Infinite—new dungeons/outposts for coop teams.

Gwyn

Oct 25, 2017
That opening level looks like a forge level, expected better but oh well hope it has a good story this time
Something with the lighting feels off

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Blood seems reduced even further, minimal spurts on the grunts. Why are they avoiding ground splatter? It would do a ton to make things look a bit less flat and sterile. Killing things with a giant spike gun or disintegrating them while they scream in agony? Fine! Having a bit of blood on the ground, absolutely not! Think of the children!

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Prometheans are out entirely according to GameInformer.

End of a Era.
Huge if true. Not to put too fine a point on it, but good riddance, lol. A reimagined Flood would make up for the loss of variety.

Not that the game wouldn't be perfectly fine with Covenant only. Covenant are just plain fun to fight, as long as you don't give them one-shot snipers.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i know i didn't really mean forge graphics but the quality and attention to detail feels low to be honest.

I mean the duplicate shit in this frame alone says alot
Qkj7im5.png
I have no idea what you are trying to say or show me there

lights on the floor? does every light course in a room need to be unique?

good grief

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Blood seems reduced even further, minimal spurts on the grunts. Why are they avoiding ground splatter? It would do a ton to make things look a bit less flat and sterile. Killing things with a giant spike gun or disintegrating them while they scream in agony? Fine! Having a bit of blood on the ground, absolutely not! Think of the children!
I'm guessing it interferes with the "T" rating?

Oct 27, 2017
That opening level looks like a forge level, expected better but oh well hope it has a good story this time
Something with the lighting feels off
... i just dont see it being good... the game looks too CLEAN and it just looks like everyone is a plastic toy, guns included guns are really MEH that bulldog looked and sounded liked a pee shooter ( the one handed brute "shotgun" is even worse.... the guns just sound and look very weak... and ive never been a fan of 343 sounds 4 and 5 just doesn't sound that good to me or like a halo game... I would rather wait for the 60 dollar campaign -_- to get everything it can have... like ray tracing coop etc... 1-3 months after launch.
I'm guessing it interferes with the "T" rating?
smh.gif