zerosnake99

Oct 25, 2018
Content warning: SA

I'm upset, so I'm gonna rant: I just blocked a family member because they frequent in chud circles, this time they ranted about the consultant for AC: Shadow. They made the claim that they were attempting to normalize pedophilia.

This topic is very close to me as I was sexually assaulted as a child. I use my experience to help advocate for proper education on the topic and breaking misconceptions about predators.

Them:
if you scroll down you see she wrote multiple books on that topic and calls it "transgenerational sex." She also states in her book that age is a social construct. She's trying to normalize pedophilia...

Me: "if you think so. Just because something is a social construct doesn't make it "good". Example of a purely social construct: Caste system. Another example: lighter complexions being more beautiful. There is no basis for science in those things. It doesn't mean they don't exist, and it doesn't mean it should be normalized."

Them:
[..] I'm more concerned about the fact that they are bringing in a person who's a self proclaimed advocate, and wants to normalize pedophilia in mainstream media. They keep coming up with new terms to try to make pedophilia sound ok. First they were going with MAPS, now transgenerational sex...

Me: "transgenerational sex is probably a more accurate term because it can imply sex between two generations without the need for an attraction. Sometimes it's a power dynamic, sometimes it's sexual attraction. Both of them are fucked up. But pedophilia is a limited term that only covers the latter of these two statements."

Them:
That doesn't change the fact that she's literally saying it's a good thing for parents to give their sons to monks so that they their family can earn notoriety
And then writes fictional novels of man on boy action
That doesn't make it better on her part at all. It's still pedophilia

I then ask where they got that info, and they say if I scroll down on the page, I can see what they wrote. They proceeded to tell me the publications with the word "tale" were fictional and written by that consultant/professor.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I challenge them on that and tell them those are academic publications and are factual analysis, interpretations or translations of the content. Not their own "fictional" writings about pedophilia.

I told them that "I swear, some of ya'll will do anything to find a pedo, except find the pedos."

They said:
wow
woman talks about how transgenerational sex is fine, and this is the conclusion?
And when have I ever defended someone from being a pedo?
this is a wild thing to say

First of all, we someone can't research or talk about repulsive shit just because it's repulsive? It exists/ed. And saying "a woman" is sexist as fuck.

I told them they couldn't even fact check their fucking claim about that professor writing fiction. These fucking stupid chuds are trying to tear down honest people because they're too fucking stupid to read.

And now I'm never going to talk to that family member or their family ever again.

I'm sorry for the rant... I'm just so fucking upset.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

I'm upset, so I'm gonna rant: I just blocked a family member because they frequent in chud circles, this time they ranted about the consultant for AC: Shadow. They made the claim that they were attempting to normalize pedophilia.

This topic is very close to me as I was sexually assaulted as a child. I use my experience to help advocate for proper education on the topic and breaking misconceptions about predators.

Them:

Me: "if you think so. Just because something is a social construct doesn't make it "good". Example of a purely social construct: Caste system. Another example: lighter complexions being more beautiful. There is no basis for science in those things. It doesn't mean they don't exist, and it doesn't mean it should be normalized."

Them:

Me: "transgenerational sex is probably a more accurate term because it can imply sex between two generations without the need for an attraction. Sometimes it's a power dynamic, sometimes it's sexual attraction. Both of them are fucked up. But pedophilia is a limited term that only covers the latter of these two statements."

Them:

I then ask where they got that info, and they say if I scroll down on the page, I can see what they wrote. They proceeded to tell me the publications with the word "tale" were fictional and written by that consultant/professor.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I challenge them on that and tell them those are academic publications and are factual analysis, interpretations or translations of the content. Not their own "fictional" writings about pedophilia.

I told them that "I swear, some of ya'll will do anything to find a pedo, except find the pedos."

They said:

First of all, we someone can't research or talk about repulsive shit just because it's repulsive? It exists/ed. And saying "a woman" is sexist as fuck.

I told them they couldn't even fact check their fucking claim about that professor writing fiction. These fucking stupid chuds are trying to tear down honest people because they're too fucking stupid to read.

And now I'm never going to talk to that family member or their family ever again.

This sucks, sorry to hear one of your family members fell into the chud hole. Did they say who their source was?

zerosnake99

Oct 25, 2018
This sucks, sorry to hear one of your family members fell into the chud hole. Did they say who their source was?
Probably some reddit or Facebook group. I asked them for exact quote with context that this professor is trying to to normalize this. They wouldn't give me one, probably cuz they don't have any. Considering the professor writes about stories with that subject, it'd be easy to misrepresent their quotes.

plufim

Sep 29, 2018
Can't imagine why he's so desperate to stop people digging into his game that he's definately making.

Mar 7, 2020
USA

Them:

Them:

Them:

They said:

If anything, its the church, republicans, boyscout thats normalizing pedo with how many are in those organizations.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017

Them:

Them:

Them:

They said:

Speaking as someone who has barely spoken to his sister in months because she decided Zionism is just great and it's not genocide when her people do it, I'm sorry you had to do that.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Stellar Blade added two new costumes and the "FreeStellarBlade" people think they won.
Like how do they even think their stupid petition did anything

Pretty sure from the beginning the devs said they would add more outfits and the outfits added are clearly different from the ones they bitch about

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Like how do they even think their stupid petition did anything

Pretty sure from the beginning the devs said they would add more outfits and the outfits added are clearly different from the ones they bitch about

Yeah it's an update that always was going to happen but yknow, gifters gonna grift.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017

Them:

Them:

Them:

They said:

This sucks, and I am so sorry this happened to you. We can only hope that family member, perhaps at some point, turns around on their own. It happens very rarely, so I won't give you any hope it will. But ultimately, for your own mental health you did the right thing. I only wish you the best.

Ah, I can't see Nick's post because he put his stuff on private it seems. Which, from what I've learned, is understandable.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Yeah it's an update that always was going to happen but yknow, gifters gonna grift.
Os even more funny when as his followers pointed out they "censored" two more outfits

Basically changed them to be a bit less transparent but you can see he will not acknowledge it because he will try to claim it as a "win"

zerosnake99

Oct 25, 2018
This sucks, and I am so sorry this happened to you. We can only hope that family member, perhaps at some point, turns around on their own. It happens very rarely, so I won't give you any hope it will. But ultimately, for your own mental health you did the right thing. I only wish you the best.
Thanks <3

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Of course Elon Musk shares his opinion on "DEI" Spoilers He's not a fan of it

GOWk3rAWMAEp8lL

Also imagine hating black people so much that you want to delay a game (I assume remove him from the game)

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Of course Elon Musk shares his opinion on "DEI" Spoilers He's not a fan of it

GOWk3rAWMAEp8lL

Also imagine hating black people so much that you want to delay a game (I assume remove him from the game)

Mask-off bigotry aside, I keep thinking back to how Musk said how Sweetbaby was "ruining games" and yet his stunt with Twitter API did *far* more damage to the medium/community than, uh, queer black people existing.

(While we're on the subject: not that I care either way but was the historical Yasuke gay or is this just a creative license/standard representation at work? I read on Pinknews this is hardly the first example of LGBT representation in AC too.)

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
(While we're on the subject: not that I care either way but was the historical Yasuke gay or is this just a creative license/standard representation at work? I read on Pinknews this is hardly the first example of LGBT representation in AC too.)
This is the first I'm hearing that part, so I'm going to assume Elon just pulled it out of his ass to fit his personal definition of "woke".

coffeecat

Jul 14, 2018
The faster Elon can fuck off to Mars, the better.

I tracked down the original statement: https://news.ubisoft.com/en-au/arti...15-features-dual-protagonists-in-feudal-japan

Naoe and Yasuke's disparate personalities also lead them to have different relationships and rapports with other characters, and they don't always feel the same way about people, nor do people always feel the same way about them. Romantically, they will also attract and be attracted to different types of people. Through the pair, players will get to experience a multitude of relationships.
This literally doesn't say anything about Yasuke or sexuality specifically, the chuds just decided "oh he's gay now". Because I guess it wasn't enough to be racist, they have to be homophobic as well.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
They aren't. Kern already said this is a "small win" and now they're mad because... a costume is not as see through

View: https://x.com/CerberusXt/status/1794017164212469792

I'm confused, isn't that the new Kunoichi outfit that was just added to the game in the new patch?

blog.playstation.com

Stellar Blade adds new Boss Challenge mode on May 24

Details from Shift Up on new content coming to the third-person action game.

How is that 1.00 version even possible? It shouldn't exist in that version.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
I'm confused, isn't that the new Kunoichi outfit that was just added to the game in the new patch?

blog.playstation.com

Stellar Blade adds new Boss Challenge mode on May 24

Details from Shift Up on new content coming to the third-person action game.

How is that 1.00 version even possible? It shouldn't exist in that version.

Afaik they datamined the original versions. Which were most likely not finalized.

And as far the "Yasuke is gay" discourse... they're taking a blogpost out of context for clicks

EDIT: I see it's posted above, didn't wanna give the dude I QRT'd a platform.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
They aren't. Kern already said this is a "small win" and now they're mad because... a costume is not as see through

View: https://x.com/CerberusXt/status/1794017164212469792

this is deeply deeply distressing. my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the callous developers turning the opacity up from 10% to 50% 🙏❤️ /s

I was naive to think people whose entire personality is complaining about pointless shit online would ever be happy 😔

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
The faster Elon can fuck off to Mars, the better.

I tracked down the original statement: https://news.ubisoft.com/en-au/arti...15-features-dual-protagonists-in-feudal-japan

This literally doesn't say anything about Yasuke or sexuality specifically, the chuds just decided "oh he's gay now". Because I guess it wasn't enough to be racist, they have to be homophobic as well.

What a surprise.

Afaik they datamined the original versions. Which were most likely not finalized.

Huh, looks like that Multiversus developer had a point -- even if this is the dumbest of examples.

Foolhardy

May 4, 2024

And as far the "Yasuke is gay" discourse... they're taking a blogpost out of context for clicks

EDIT: I see it's posted above, didn't wanna give the dude I QRT'd a platform.

I remember the same thing happening when Miles Morales debuted. Fox pundits howling about how "they made Spider-man a gay Puerto Rican!"(their words)

They know who their audience hates and fears.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
What was this Tweet?

Pretty sure the tweet wasn't deleted.

Nick I'm guessing had to private his account after the whole "Doxxing" thing.

Aka.

Mark Kern said that Nick "doxxed" him
Nick proved he did in fact, not dox Mark Kern (anyone with reading skills could even tell that was the case from the get-go)
Mark Kern's cultists started to actually legit dox and threaten Nick and his family
Nick goes private after they didn't stop.

Hecht

Bonk initiated
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Been following these chuds making these Mean Girls Burn Books for the past couple of days. What a bunch of losers.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
Not that these guys are usually a well of wisdom but "Kotaku detected" is the dumbest fucking concept I've heard in at least a week. Imagine having this little of a life I just can't y'all

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
they do realize that making blacklists like this is literally "callout culture," right? lmao
In their crazed minds, it's fine because "the woke left" did it to them first! Like how they think there's a woke left shadow cartel ready to kill them all, so they're ready to do the same.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Smash JT is possibly one of the most pathetic people on earth. He invested heavily in the Amico and then spent months crying when it turned out Tommy Tallarico was never actually his friend.

Hecht

Bonk initiated
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Smash JT is possibly one of the most pathetic people on earth. He invested heavily in the Amico and then spent months crying when it turned out Tommy Tallarico was never actually his friend.
Fun fact, he had an account here. Emphasis on "had," as of a few minutes ago.