• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

quotethis

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
Crysis series and Last of Us immediately come to mind for me. It's not that they never have moments of fun gameplay. It's just that the gameplay isn't as satisfying as other games I've played/games in the same genres.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Star Wars Battlefront, it looked so damn good in 2015, i didn't care it was a meh game.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Final Fantasy XV

I hope FFXVI will have great graphics. ;)

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Battlefront 2 on Xb1x does this for me.

I'd also argue a combination of the visuals, the sound design and the background music are what keeps bringing me back to Sea of Thieves (Arrrrrr the feels!)

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care about any games with bad gameplay. Which is why I'd never recommend an Uncharted game to anyone unless they only cared about graphics and setpieces.

Parfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't think of one. Ratchet and Clank 2016 may come close, but I wasn't even bored with it and played through it twice. Utterly stunning game visually, however. It's impossible, but I'd love to see A Crack in Time brought up to this level of graphics, as it's my favorite Ratchet and Clank game.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Crysis average gameplay? I agree with Crysis 2 and 3, but the first one no.

That's what I was going to say. The gameplay of the original Crysis still holds up. The free form attacking of bases is what Far Cry 3/4/5 attempt to surpass. The gameplay of the original Crysis suit is so good.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I wouldn't be able to tolerate shit gameplay just because the graphics are slick, no dice. I can play a game with shit graphics and killer gameplay any day though!

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
No Mans Sky is eye candy overload with not much going on with the gameplay loop. Exploration and ship riding can be really fun at times however

Last edited:

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Back on the Dreamcast, REZ. The gameplay was alright, but the way the music and visuals combined just felt added so much more than it should have.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
UC4 absolutely. Played it for the presentation, but the game just sucks.

Witcher 3 also.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Killzone Shadow Fall

I only had enough money for one launch game. I chose wrong. Very. Wrong.

But at least it was pretty.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I'm more likely to do it for story rather than graphics. I certainly wouldn't play Trails in the Sky if it didn't have one.