• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I used to think I wasn't a romantic but I love this shit in games. I think I would fuck around and play a mediocre game if the companions and/or romances were strong enough. Hit me with em ERA

latest

HK-47 from Kotor 2

latest

Judy from Cyberjunk 2077

Last edited:

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Do the romances need to be optional?

If not, I adore House in Fata Morgana's. The romance is exceedingly well developed and you feel compelled to root for them through the shit they go through.

Jul 24, 2020
I don't play many games that offer romances but Miranda in Mass Effect 2 I thought was good.

I legit couldn't tell if she was attracted to my character for a good while. She basically just ignored all my hints for a good while and so I couldn't tell.

Don't think she was particularly great in 3 though. But a lot of characters were utilized less.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
OP, can you please put names on your pictures? Not everyone knows every reference from every game ever made.

I really like the Palico buddies you get in Monster Hunter games. I'm excited for Rise to get puppies.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Not a romance option, but I always had Parrvati with my in The Outer Worlds just in case any given situation would get her to say something about it.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect trilogy has the best companions ever made I think.

The crew is the best and the bonds and memories I made with them are sticking with me forever.

Expect Ashley. We hate you racist bitch die in nuclear fire.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I used to think I wasn't a romantic but I love this shit in games. I think I would fuck around and play a mediocre game if the companions and/or romances were strong enough. Hit me with em ERA

latest

latest

I know these characters and the games they are from but I fucking hate when people post pictures with no written context. It's not like everyone else knows who these characters are!

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
JxSweR4.png

Rather like Lev a lot in Last of Us Part II. He was the turning point in the other story coming together.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Mass Effect trilogy has the best companions ever made I think.

The crew is the best and the bonds and memories I made with them are sticking with me forever.

Expect Ashley. We hate you racist bitch die in nuclear fire.
Garrus easily one of the best companions in video games. Liara gets runner's up.

Also does the entire cast of Fire Emblem Three Houses count? Because if so: The entire cast of Fire Emblem Three Houses.

All of them. It's fun seeing the students develop over time, it's heartbreaking to see them hurdle towards an inevitable tragedy, and the main lords each have something compelling about them, be they your allies or enemies. There are some that you'd think were an obvious sterotype, and some of them totally are, but that's always layered underneath something else. Even the shallowest characters have something compelling about them in their personalities and backstories.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Ellie + Dina (The Last of Us Part II)
kAzmevn.gif

A lot in Cyberpunk 2077 can be defined as trash, but not Judy. Please, someone needs to rescue her from this game!
GWckJcM.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Not a romance option, but I always had Parrvati with my in The Outer Worlds just in case any given situation would get her to say something about it.

i was pissed when i found out that game had no romances

OP, can you please put names on your pictures? Not everyone knows every reference from every game ever made.

I really like the Palico buddies you get in Monster Hunter games. I'm excited for Rise to get puppies.

Gotchu

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Mass Effect series is the golden standard. You keep the same general ensemble of characters for 3 games, and the third game for all its issues gave you the biggest "go have fun with the characters you've grown to love" DLC I've ever seen.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
The cast of Dragon Age 2. For all that game's faults it's companions were not one of them. Aveline is still one of the best written female characters in gaming.

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
I think Mass Effect series is the golden standard. You keep the same general ensemble of characters for 3 games, and the third game for all its issues gave you the biggest "go have fun with the characters you've grown to love" DLC I've ever seen.
how bioware games handles romance reminds me if you fed a bunch of science fiction romance plots into a AI and hoped for the best.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Binary Domain

8vnxeiBSoHdp2JoFdds9yW-1200-80.jpg

It's actually been long enough since I played it that the characterisation may not be as strong as I remember, but I do recall the cast being endearing and the optional romance with Faye pretty well done.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Dragon Age 1-3, Mass Effect 1-3, Fallout New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity 1/2, Tyranny all have really strong companions and most have some romance options as well.