Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon
Darkeater Midir

OP
OP
Joker13

Joker13

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
you guys are making wanna give dragons dogma another shot, i just think the open world in that game was so fucking shit...

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
latest

Lux86

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon's Dogma and Souls.
Now choosing the best one is difficult, i love every drake/cursed dragon fight in dd:da (better than Grigori or Ur imho) and Kalameet/Midir in Souls.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Dragon's dogma by a mile!
Dark souls dragos are cool and all, but at the end of the day you're limited by the gameplay mechanicis and as to how you approach the situation. Still some amazing dragons in the soul series.

noctix

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody mentioned world of warcraft? Onyxia, halion, sindrigosa, ultraxion etc i miss wow :(

KHlover

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls series, Monster Hunter series and FFXIV had some of the most fun dragons and "dragons" I fought so far.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Panzer Dragoon series not being first reply and every other reply is sad :(

At least monster hunter is represented :)

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
red_dragon_sorceress.png
maxresdefault.jpg

Dragon's Crown, the gift that keeps on giving. With a title like that, dragons were to be expected :^)

nica2nica

Oct 26, 2017
The console couldn't even keep up with the fight and heaven help you if you didn't know the Quick Boomerang was the weakness
EDIT: SPOILER TAGGED FOR FLASHING (Megaman 2 Boss)
epilepsias.gif

Glidiss from King of Dragons
big-ass-dragon.gif

Last edited:

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Dragon's Dogma's final boss. So good!
It splits into multiple stages. The difficulty was just right. I replayed the game mostly to fight it.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Dragons Dogma generally has epic boss fights, but that dragon's fight was something else.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I still think it would be a spoiler but I will just say the final battle in dragon's dogma is so EPIC. You fucking crawl on his back while he is flying through the air OVER THE ENTIRE WORLD. There isnt a single game that captures the scale of the that fight. This is the big one.

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
The Souls series manages to have the best and worst dragon fights

Kalameet is top tier

Dragon God in Demon's Souls and Guardian Dragon in Dark Souls 2are both hot trash

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
you guys are making wanna give dragons dogma another shot, i just think the open world in that game was so fucking shit...
Don't do it, I too loved DD, but it is a game with the highest of highs amongst the lowest of lows.

Not close to Dragon's Dogma, but I thoroughly enjoyed the multistage dragon fight atop the tower in Witcher 2:

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Twilight Princesses Dragon battle was awesome for it's time. My friends and me were like woah. Still my most fav Zelda game tied with BotW.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Don't do it, I too loved DD, but it is a game with the highest of highs amongst the lowest of lows.

Not close to Dragon's Dogma, but I thoroughly enjoyed the multistage dragon fight atop the tower in Witcher 2:

That dragon fight was the worst section of TW2 for me. It didn't seem like the animation matched the attack area or something, it was all supremely janky. I generally liked combat in TW2 but I hated that fight.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
That dragon fight was the worst section of TW2 for me. It didn't seem like the animation matched the attack area or something, it was all supremely janky. I generally liked combat in TW2 but I hated that fight.

It was probably too ambitious for the combat mechanics, I must admit. But I found the idea that you had to fight the dragon in different ways as you ascended the tower to be pretty cool.

Also, your comment just reminded me of the most hated "dragon fight" in the history of games:

It's from Drakengard, the game that spawned Nier

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
DS3

pwpCoDY.png

Although I also have very fond memories of fighting Firkaag in Baldur's Gate 2.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Souls and Dragon Age.

OMG I totally forgot about Dragon Age ! The Dragon fight are he best part of Origins and Inquisition.

One thing that I like from Witcher 2 than Witcher 3 is the interesting boss fight like the Kayran, Draug and Dragon.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The dragon in the Storm Coast of Dragon Age: Inquisition gave me a particularly ridiculous, memorable 20+ minute battle because of it's ability to chain lightning and water was everywhere around it. (I was also several levels below the recommended requirements).

XQ1iVWV.png