Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Hard Corps: Uprising! Yay!
Everything else is non-yay though.
Live Gold became a "they're free games anyway" for me because of Game Pass Ultimate.

Here in Brazil Hard Corps will be substituted with Darksiders(1), I think you can redeem simply by changing region so...do it if you don't have the game.

Okay, this makes things better. Two good games! I think I'll play the Darksiders remastered version when I get it for cheap though.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I am so done with GwG. The service offers nothing anymore. I think it's a missed opportunity though, because the least they could do is offering first party games from the 360 era. So basically 1 first party Game and then 1-2 third party games.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am so done with GwG. The service offers nothing anymore. I think it's a missed opportunity though, because the least they could do is offering first party games from the 360 era. So basically 1 first party Game and then 1-2 third party games.
They have offered first party games from the 360 era through Games with Gold. Anything in particular that you wanted from first party BC 360 to be offered on GwG that hasn't been yet?

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll eventually turn games with gold into Game Pass Lite, a small subsection of Game Pass games that are rotated in and out each month.

They'll force the player to go into the Game Pass section to download them in the assumption that you'll see another Game on Gamepass that you want to play and upgrade your membership.

Redbarrel

Sep 10, 2020
Microsoft is keen in seeing Xbox as a service however they're seemingly fine with one of their subscription programs offering significantly less value than the competition. The only reason they keep it up is because well, a few more dollars. They should just kill Gold at this point. Making free to play games free to play at this point isn't enough considering how bad the value of Xbox Live Gold is. Which apparently isn't even Xbox Live anymore.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft is keen in seeing Xbox as a service however they're seemingly fine with one of their subscription programs offering significantly less value than the competition. The only reason they keep it up is because well, a few more dollars. They should just kill Gold at this point. Making free to play games free to play at this point isn't enough considering how bad the value of Xbox Live Gold is. Which apparently isn't even Xbox Live anymore.
I get to permanently keep BC 360/OG Xbox games offered through Games With Gold and build my digital library and play them long after my Gold subscription expires. Does the competition allow you to keep any of the games offered through a similar service? Hell, does the competition even offer BC 7th generation/6th generation games through a similar service?

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
To those celebrating Hard Corps Uprising. It's a cheap, 10 year old game. You should have bought it long ago. (because it's great.)

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
i mean hard corps is supposedly good and you can actually keep it. as an ultimate subscriber, i just take it as a bonus to get free 360 games. for some reason there are barely any of those on gamepass.

Is it still a thing that you have to redeem 360 games via the old 360 marketplace page or a 360 console and not the newer Microsoft store or you don't actually own it outside of your Gold sub?

I recall hearing this a while back and have been using the old page or console, but wondering if that changed.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Dark Void is fun from what I remember, and Hard Corps: Uprising is great. Don't know anything about the other two, but I'll be getting them like I do with every Gold game.

The only terrible things are the opinions to kill Games with Gold that show up every month on here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it still a thing that you have to redeem 360 games via the old 360 marketplace page or a 360 console and not the newer Microsoft store or you don't actually own it outside of your Gold sub?

I recall hearing this a while back and have been using the old page or console, but wondering if that changed.
Yeah, that's been fixed.

Redbarrel

Sep 10, 2020
I get to permanently keep BC 360/OG Xbox games offered through Games With Gold and build my digital library and play them long after my Gold subscription expires. Does the competition allow you to keep any of the games offered through a similar service? Hell, does the competition even offer BC 7th generation/6th generation games through a similar service?
No, but that's a different discussion altogether. I have pointed out Sony shortcomings when it comes to BC. Right now I'm simply saying the value Microsoft offers compared to the competition is bad. Especially for a brand who wants to be seen as a service. Game Pass offers amazing value, Xbox Lives Gold offers very little compared to it and the competition. Conflicting interests is all I'm saying.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
GWG is service already dead. It lives in a half-world between stasis and anti-stasis, and time is concentrated, chronology confused. Up until recently, it's tried valiantly to make sense of it's situation, but now it's turned to stone.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it's because I don't have any expectations from it anymore but as long as it's stuff I don't already own I'm happy. Of these I just have Dark Void and that's on disc. Hard Corps looks cool.

Don't really get the calls to kill it that come every month. They're not going to get rid of the gold requirement to play online or make anything cheaper if they drop the Gold games and you don't have to claim them so what's the harm?
Yea, I don't get it either. If you can't find at least half a dozen GWG games a year that are were worth claiming, then you have bad taste.
The Xbox 360 BC games aren't awful tbh. I'm satisfied.
The 360 games are typically the best part of GWG, for me at least. I find the Xbox One games typically meh.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, but that's a different discussion altogether. I have pointed out Sony shortcomings when it comes to BC. Right now I'm simply saying the value Microsoft offers compared to the competition is bad. Especially for a brand who wants to be seen as a service. Game Pass offers amazing value, Xbox Lives Gold offers very little compared to it and the competition. Conflicting interests is all I'm saying.
But my point was you were missing the value of BC 360/OG Xbox games offered through GWG and permanent ownership in your overall value assessment of the service and compare and contrasting with the competition.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Games with Gold has been utter trash since Game pass.

Needs a complete overhaul or revamp, it's simply not fit for purpose in a game pass world. Bit like Gold itself (I know they're changing it for F2P games, but still shocking you need to pay for full price games).

I think they'll eventually turn games with gold into Game Pass Lite, a small subsection of Game Pass games that are rotated in and out each month.

They'll force the player to go into the Game Pass section to download them in the assumption that you'll see another Game on Gamepass that you want to play and upgrade your membership.
Kinda becomes a waste of time doesn't it though when Game pass is already cheap?

Not sure what they should do with it but it probably will tie into game pass. Maybe an option to pick a game from Game Pass to keep permanently each month? I assume there would be some restrictions to this (e.g no game added to GP within last 6 months or something).

No clue to be honest, either way as I said above, GwG isn't fit for purpose and needs completely redone.

Redbarrel

Sep 10, 2020
But my point was you were missing the value of BC 360/OG Xbox games offered through GWG and permanent ownership in your overall value assessment of the service and compare and contrasting with the competition.
Yeah, the permanent ownership aspect is nice, however its safe to assume that the reason people sign to gold is due to requirement to play online. However (at least in my opinion) it goes against their play anywhere and Xbox as service strategy. Gold has become redundant for a admittedly long time now, between PC players not having to pay to play their first party titles online and now streaming. If the value of the games was there people would be more forgiving, but unfortunately it isn't.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
At this point I'm just using GWG to bulk up my OG/360 digital collection (since you get to keep them without a sub).

I didn't have Dark Void yet, so I'll take it.
Hard Corps is too hardcore for me though, I already own it, I'm too weak.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the permanent ownership aspect is nice, however its safe to assume that the reason people sign to gold is due to requirement to play online. However (at least in my opinion) it goes against their play anywhere and Xbox as service strategy. Gold has become redundant for a admittedly long time now, between PC players not having to pay to play their first party titles online and now streaming. If the value of the games was there people would be more forgiving, but unfortunately it isn't.
Yeah, obviously the overall value is going to be subjective and highly dependent on what you use Gold for. For me, I don't play online multiplayer so I only subscribe to gold for permanent ownership of BC Xbox 360/OG Xbox games offered through GWG since it started and help build my digital library.. It also helps that I use Microsoft Rewards to pay for Game Pass Ultimate so all of this is just bonus for me.

Last edited:

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Worth it for Contra and I think you keep all X360 GwG titles even if you drop the sub.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Gold games have been a joke for awhile especially compared to Plus. But this is just laughable now.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
ohh nice that Hard Corps is there and just in time. I was about to get it on PSN due to the closure.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
How many months would it take for every currently BC 360 game to have been GWG at some point? The service still somewhat appeals to me because 360 games are added to the account forever.

I'm alright ta.

They added six better games to Game Pass in the last six days than the entire year of GwG
fixed.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
I still like getting permanent ownership for the BC games. That's still worth it enough for me with the system even if they are several years old and coupled with bargain bin games.

I'm sure if people didn't redeem the shovel ware they would up the kind of games that show up. Ultimately though like others have said Microsoft is in a shitty spot. It's either end a selling point for having a gold account or sign contracts for games that would be better if they were on GamePass.

Nope you could go on the Xbox One or website to redeem these. Only time you needed to load up a 360 was if you wanted to use credit on your account to get a game. That was also fixed.

Hard Corps. Nice addition. Hoping we get some Fable, and NG2 love someday.

Since the Fable companion app is gone I feel like they'll wait a bit longer to bring that one back out. The released that game around their big, second screen push that failed entirely.

How many months would it take for every currently BC 360 game to have been GWG at some point? The service still somewhat appeals to me because 360 games are added to the account forever.

I think they have enough for another 5 or 6 years at least. That's also not including the possibility of additional games being made BC. Looking at you Freedom Fighters.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Any Crimson Skies fans should definitely give Dark Void a shot. It's more fun than the reviews suggested back in the day, I actually really enjoyed it. Also, the story is surprisingly engaging.

Also, Hard Corps Uprising is great. Excellent get here.

As for the others, never played either, but I'll give Vikings a go, mayne even Truck Racing just for a laugh.