Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Thanks to the Ghibli thread, today is the first time in almost 20 years that I remembered this…

Remember how Square already did a FF remake already, way back in 2006?

I literally haven't thought about it, despite owning that game.

Final_Fantasy_III_2006_video_game_cover.jpeg

KYLRDtn-9gvILZoBW0nk8aHZpS5Xp2NrJu-t4JBywQa8XiQ9bJGM_Sr2cb7k1pcAsA=w526-h296-rw

——

In addition, every years I remember that Rogue Galaxy was a thing. I had just sold my PS2 a few months prior and put it on my backlog. The hype was pretty big for that game. But I feel like it dropped off fast and left the public conciousness.

Couldn't you like, kick random things in the game map?

When I got my PS4 I was like "oh yeah, I remember that game, I wonder if it's been remastered". Never played it but it was on my mind.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Until that recent thread, I had completely forgotten about Dementium: The Ward.

I feel like a lot of interesting properties popped up around the PS2>PS3 transition due to the new hardware, the Wii changing up things, and the DS taking off. A lot of them just vanished though, probably due to studio closures or acquisitions etc.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
That Resistance thread reminded me that I haven't thought about that series in ages.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I remembered a weird UK adventure game called Kingdom O' Magic. Had it, but never finished the prologue.

PallasKitten

Jul 11, 2022
I remember hearing about Hey You, Pikachu! as a kid but could never find it anywhere. I forgot about it until Pokemon Channel released, which reminded me of its existence.

I eventually found out that Hey You, Pikachu! was never released in Europe.

I have vague memories of either briefly trying it out on an emulator, or watching gameplay videos of it, but I can quite literally remember absolutely nothing of it, other than that it was kinda like Pokemon Channel in that you had a Pikachu virtual pet, and I believe you could speak to him using a microphone accessory. I can't even remember what Pikachu's model looked like in-game.

I still frequently forget about its existence when reminiscing on old Pokemon games.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Believe it or not, this game was pretty damn cool even though it would drop a ton of frames during big events/fights in the middle of nowhere with how populated the game was at the time. I doubt anybody has thought about this game in a very long time lol. Yes, this is a tie-in game as it tied into SyFy's then ongoing show with the same name.
91MQjdO1oOL.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0B6S1pDG5s

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
People going with all these relatively well known games, let's kick it up a notch.

When looking through old game systems I never owned for games that might be worth hunting down, I was browsing lists of the Atari Lynx best games and found an entry for a game called S.T.U.N. runner.

Instantly I was time warped to the late 90's going to the Family Fun Center in Lakeland FL where one of my favorite arcade games was this crazy cabinet.
1067369508.jpg

It's a game I hadn't thought of or even seen in 25ish years, and afaik outside of that Lynx port it's never been ported to any other platform.

YohraUtopia

Apr 1, 2021
Recently bought the PS4 remaster of Vanquish for like $4 on PSN? I'm not sure I fully 'forgot' it but it was waaaaaay off my radar and goddamn if it isn't actually pretty great. Very unique approach to a TPS plus what I think I missed back in the day as its very tongue-in-cheek Starship Troopers style send up of American-style militarism.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when the made a full on sequel to Final Fantasy 4, like 17 years after it came out?

It had 3 different versions across multiple platforms.

screen-0_zac9.1920.jpg

Final_Fantasy_IV_The_After_Years_gameplay.png

maxresdefault-6_njxn.jpg

ss_d0f3a904c19bc59a639cb568e04e8cc3d6af867a.600x338.jpg

Celestial Descend

Corrupted by Vengeance
Aug 15, 2022
FF3 DS was the first mainline FF I ever played and it will often have a special place in my heart.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
Thanks to the Ghibli thread, today is the first time in almost 20 years that I remembered this…

Remember how Square already did a FF remake already, way back in 2006?

I literally haven't thought about it, despite owning that game.

Final_Fantasy_III_2006_video_game_cover.jpeg

KYLRDtn-9gvILZoBW0nk8aHZpS5Xp2NrJu-t4JBywQa8XiQ9bJGM_Sr2cb7k1pcAsA=w526-h296-rw

——

In addition, every years I remember that Rogue Galaxy was a thing. I had just sold my PS2 a few months prior and put it on my backlog. The hype was pretty big for that game. But I feel like it dropped off fast and left the public conciousness.

Couldn't you like, kick random things in the game map?

When I got my PS4 I was like "oh yeah, I remember that game, I wonder if it's been remastered". Never played it but it was on my mind.
This was the version of FF3 that I played! I thought it was the original version at the time, lol.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
It's funny that someone else already mentioned Nostalgia further up in the thread because it was made by the same studio that made the FF 3 and 4 remakes on DS. It all comes full circle.

How about this one? Everyone remembers PSO and PSU, but how many of you remember PS0?
Pstar0_front__57650.1584127183.jpg

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017

i do because of how hard to it was marketed. Same as Haze, another heavily marketed"halo killer" than went no where at the time lol. Being labeled a Halo killer was the ultimate albatross for a series looking back.

OP
OP
Bengraven

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
They also did FFIV (both of which are on Steam). I never forgot because I always wanted a FFVI remake and we never got one.

Preaching to the motherfuckin choir here.

Someday, please.

This was the version of FF3 that I played! I thought it was the original version at the time, lol.

I planned on beating it, since I had issues going back to NES RPGs. But somewhere along the line, just got overwhelmed by some other time wasters that were out at the time and never came back. Ended up giving it to Gamestop for like $3 and and a pocketful of sand.

Man, I remember that Pushmo getting "pushed" for like two months. Then left my brain the day it released.

SinOfHeart

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
EvilIslands_F_PCBOX.jpg

I feel like I've never really met anyone else who played this game. But I owned it on PC as a kid and actually thought it was kind of cool, but also fairly hard. I go long periods not thinking about it, but then every so often something will remind me of it.

It's actually available on GOG, so someday I'll probably pick it up and give it another try (I'm sure it will not have aged that gracefully). https://www.gog.com/en/game/evil_islands

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Today I randomly remembered the H.A.W.X. games existed, and I even own them for the PS3! They just disappeared from my mind and since I've been playing DiRT2 and the GRID games lately on the PS3 I've never needed to reach that far back into the box I have my PS3 games in, so I didn't even see them.

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
Today I randomly remembered the H.A.W.X. games existed, and I even own them for the PS3! They just disappeared from my mind and since I've been playing DiRT2 and the GRID games lately on the PS3 I've never needed to reach that far back into the box I have my PS3 games in, so I didn't even see them.
This is funny cause I randomly bought H.A.W.X. recently on my Series X (Its BC)

OP
OP
Bengraven

Bengraven