• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
I've played Silent Hill 1 & 3 but I'm not sure when I'll ever get around to 2. The reason being that it feels like I already know everything about it. From the gameplay, to the themes, and story. Almost like I absorbed information about it through osmosis. I'm not watching videos or reading articles about it specifically but it's impossible to escape if you like talking or reading about games.

Anything come to mind for you?

Last edited:

liquiddragon

Jun 20, 2020
I really dislike this attitude. I feel like I have the gist of a lot of things, but I don't feel like I know everything about it or think that's a substitute for the actual experience.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
FFVII Rebirth. Played Remake. Friend let me mess around with the combat (still strongly disliked it). Watched streamers I like play nearly all of the game and dove as deep as possible into spoilers as I could. I'm up to speed on the Rebirth experience. I'll do the same for Part 3 minus sampling the combat and that'll be done & dusted for the series for me.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
There are certainly games I feel overexposed to, but none where it feels like this.

Keziaka6591

Jan 31, 2023
I don't know about everything, but enough to know I don't want to play them. Mainly the OG RE games, SH 1-3, and I'm sure some other beloved classics that people love but going back to can be rough. Like I don't think I'd hate them or anything but I just know my tastes enough to know I won't enjoy the experience as much as others. Chrono Trigger is a good example - you see so much praise about it that by the time I sat down to play it I was just left feeling like "oh...that's it?" and dropped it pretty fast.

Same with FF6. Saw so many discussions on how the story is the best thing ever and got decent into the game and just nothing grabbed me outside of thinking one character looked super fucking cool. It was a good lesson in just trying something out if it sounds interesting instead of letting myself build up some type of expectation based on discourse I'm exposed to (which you do without even realizing it a lot of times).

empo

Jan 27, 2018
not very common for me but yeah probably silent hill 2/3
I'm probably like 20-30 hours deep in youtube analysis videos, speedruns, podcasts about those two games yet I've never tried them myself

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Dark Souls 2, which from what I have gathered here is simultaneously the apotheosis and nadir of the Souls franchise.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
Hm, I felt this way about the original FF7, but then I actually played it and it turns out I didn't know shit lol.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
For kid me, Super Mario RPG was this game. I bought a strategy guide despite not having a Super Nintendo because I was so enamored by it. When I finally got around to playing it I knew most of the tricks already.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
For kid me, Super Mario RPG was this game. I bought a strategy guide despite not having a Super Nintendo because I was so enamored by it. When I finally got around to playing it I knew most of the tricks already.
This was me but with Paper Mario TTYD. I got the strategy guide cheap but couldn't afford the game. I eventually played it about 10 years later and actually was pretty disappointed by it.

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Undertale. Watched plenty of people play through it, love the music and listened to it quite a bit. Never played it and don't really want to and don't feel I need to. Not much reason to, I'd say.

Oct 25, 2017
Closest would be The Witcher.
I've watched the shows and read all the books, but never touched any of the games.
Though I don't really feel like I know anything about the games, since they take place after.