• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

[redacted]

Dec 28, 2017
Magical Vacation on GBA
Zool: Wizard Legend on N64

MV got translated but I don't think Zool has yet.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Moon: Remix RPG Adventure. Used to check the GAF thread religiously.

And one day, MarkAss to complete his stellar efforts finalizing the translation patch of Captain Rainbow.

Vorpal

Nov 4, 2017
I'm so happy I popped into this thread. I had no idea SaGa 2 DS got a fan translation. This will be how I spend my 4th of July.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
So many to pick but these especially..

Saturn - Grandia and Grandia Digital Museum
Saturn - Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
Saturn - Lunar Silver Star Story complete MPEG
Saturn - Tengai Makyou IV - The Apocalypse
Saturn - Slayers Royal 1 and 2

pc engine - tokimeki Memorial
pc engine - Legend of Xanadu 1 & 2
pc engine - Sol Moonarge

pc engine - Seiya Monogatari - Anearth fantasy stories
7UbA6oQ.png

phI18UF.png

F98MdDy.png

pc engine - Record of Lodoss War
[/quote]

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tales of Ves... Oh I can't say that anymore.

Tales of Destiny DC and Tales of Destiny II. I'm cool without getting Rebirth. Apparently the story in that is godawful and Destiny has better gameplay.

Also the Great Ace Attorney games.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Racing Lagoon, I don't think it was a particular good game either. I just thought the concept of a racing rpg sounded wonderfully wierd.

Oct 25, 2017
There's like a million horror visual novels that aren't available in English at all. Off the top of my head, I'd really like to play Gore Screaming Show.

Other than that, there's a few Danganronpa-like games even if they're supposedly not good like Idol Death game TV and Exile Election that I'd like to try out one of these days. Also Net High.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Mother 3 and Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem spring to mind.

Let's get FE4 over here too.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
There are so many really obscure older computer games, PC Engine, SEGA Mega Drive, Super Nintendo, original PlayStation and SEGA Saturn games that it is truly a travesty that we never got, especially stuff like RPGs that are not really viable to just wing a playthrough of. You can get fan translations of a lot of the cooler ones like the Shining Force III scenarios, but it just is not the same.

At least nowadays all current game consoles allow you to play imported games. Most especially obscure stuff that is worth playing gets localized now, but we still have some titles that seem like true classics that fall through the cracks, like Puyo Puyo Chronicles and Dragon Quest XI 3DS.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
The first one that come to my mind:
Persona 2 EP (psp)
Oreshika (psp)
Digimon World: redigitize de:doced (3ds)
SMT 1&2 (SNES)

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now that 428 is done, I'd like to see Street to be translated. And ToD DC of course. And every RPG on PC engine.

Never heard of this, but I love PS2 SRPGs. Anyone here who has tried it out / think it's worth me tracking down?
I heard praise of the game, but I never played it myself. It's also on PSP.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tales of Destiny DC and Mother 3, though at least the latter got a fan translation.

Uzume

Oct 30, 2017
Pso2. Even though i did played it on japanese, i still wanted plenty of my old pso buddies to join and play with me. The game's actually pretty good and it would do amazing in NA even as f2p. Fortnite demonstrated f2p can do amazingly well in all the world.

There is an English patch. I have never tried it though.

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
So many to pick but these especially..

Saturn - Grandia and Grandia Digital Museum
Saturn - Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
Saturn - Lunar Silver Star Story complete MPEG
Saturn - Tengai Makyou IV - The Apocalypse
Saturn - Slayers Royal 1 and 2

pc engine - tokimeki Memorial
pc engine - Legend of Xanadu 1 & 2
pc engine - Sol Moonarge

pc engine - Seiya Monogatari - Anearth fantasy stories

7UbA6oQ.png

phI18UF.png

F98MdDy.png

pc engine - Record of Lodoss War
AnaRvNP.png

nmH15hj.png

uiM05Zs.png
Record-of-Lodoss-War-Lodosssnes3.jpg
Record-of-Lodoss-War-Lodosssnes2.jpg

Fan patch? Oh, Looking now this is actually for the snes. Well it still looks good lol

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trails of cold steel 3
its recent, only 1 year, but im getting worried there's no word confirming the localization. I was hoping to hear something this e3

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2 remakes that were on 3DS.

1 has a fan translation and I was able to import it once I modded my 3DS. haven't checked in on 2's translation yet, but both games are cheap to import.

Apr 21, 2018
Disaster Day of Crisis for Wii never came out in North America and I've always wanted to play it.

It was monolith sorts first game as a Nintendo 1st party IIRC.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
the Ace Attorney JP only games and F-Zero Climax

it hurts that every F-Zero game that attempted to have a track editor managed to stay in japan only for various reasons (F-Zero X's track editor being locked to the failed 64DD and Climax never releasing outside japan because it released during the DS days and the previous game had bombed horribly everywhere)

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not a single mention of Sengoku Basara. For shame Era
sengoku-basara-4-sumeragi-best-price-470813.5.jpg

Best musou series deserves more attention than this.

xellos2099

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
It still puzzle em why they refuse to release great ace attorney. I am currently playing the 2nd one in chinese and it is a blast.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
There is a lot of them

Shining force 3
Dragon force 2
Baten kaitos origins ( not in Europe)
Ace attorney investigation 2 and Sherlock Holmes ones

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
And for the Shining force DS one
But neither of those are FULL translations so it is not the same

How does it work when games don't have a full translation?

you just get halfway though a sentence and it switches language?

"Come on, to the mountain, we have to 私たちの友達を救う"

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
P154Uic.jpg

Summon Night Swordcraft Story 3, the first two that got localised were great and had really endearing characters.

La Pucelle: Tactics (The PSP version)

There's a fan translation that inserts the mastiff translation for the main story and translates the extra content. he only problem is that the font is monospaced which makes it pretty hard to read.

Oct 27, 2017
Mother 3 (GBA)
Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES)
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional (3DS)

I'm well aware there are fan translations for these games (base DQJ3, at least). And while they're fine and dandy, I'd love to have an official release.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Trails of Cold Steel 3, although it could still happen, I am starting to get nervous about it.

Also one that won't happen, Jumping Flash 3.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Since Yakuza Ishin was already mentioned, i nominate Berserk Millenium Falcon Hen for the PS2
hqdefault.jpg