• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.gamesradar.com

The 25 best games of 2020

GamesRadar's 25 best games of 2020, from Call of Duty: Warzone to If Found - but which will claim the top spot?
The best games of 2020 got us through a difficult year that saw online connections replacing in-person ones, watched a new generation of consoles launch, and stories attempt to handle more complex and emotional subject matter than ever before.

In our top 25, voted for by the GamesRadar team, you'll find a mix of indies and big blockbusters, games that showed us what the PS5 and Xbox Series X could do, and games that proved the older consoles could still deliver amazing experiences. We spent 2020 visiting friends' islands, on missions of bloodthirsty revenge, and feeding snacks to strange creatures until their legs were entirely made of hot dogs.

25. Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
24. Teardown
23. Persona 5 Royale
22. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
21. Bugsnax
20. Yakuza: Like a Dragon
19. Demon's Souls
18. Ooblets
17. Valorant
16. Genshin Impact
15. Final Fantasy 7
14. If Found...
13. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2
12. Half Life Alyx
11. Cyberpunk 2077
10. Astro's Playroom
9. Doom Eternal
8. Fall Guys
7. Call of Duty: Warzone
6. Ghost of Tsushima
5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
4. Spider-Man: Miles Morales
3. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
2. The Last of Us 2
1. Hades

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Hades is the best choice for GOTY but Ori not being in the top 3 or even on these list is some straight bullshit. Like I bought Crash 4, and I'm a fan, but there's no way that's a better platformer than Will of the Wisps.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I can't believe a game as janky as Valhalla keeps ending up in these lists. It's a decent AC game but.... is it really a top-3 game?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Another list without Ori or 13 Sentinels
Given the placement of Valhalla, Warzone, and Cyberpunk, I'm going to guess they never even touched those titles.

Also, lol, ok:
Ah, what a poison chalice it is to praise Cyberpunk 2077. However, the fact remains that the game is amazing under the technical issues that will hopefully be patched away in time. I've been playing on PC, bug-free, and the depth and detail of the world I've discovered has been astonishing.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
13 Sentinels will be the game journalists play in January and kick themselves for sleeping on.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am almost done with CP2077 and I cannot imagine it making the top 25.

But then I look at the list of games I've tried this year and I don't think I've even played 15 brand new games. Even still, it'd probably be closer to the back end of my list.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get that apparently nobody played 13 Sentinels but why is everyone forgetting Ori? :(

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
No Huntdown, Streets of Rage 4 or 13 Sentinels, but Ass Creed is top 3...

Also, it is actually freaking me out that Warzone came out this year. 2020 has been a long one.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Hades is correct but how in the hell do you have a list of 25 games from this year and not have Ori on it!?!?!?

I know these are just silly lists. I just want to see that game get the love it deserves is all lol

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza! Well deserved. Such a fantastic series and I really enjoyed the new direction for the battle system in Like a Dragon.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Cyberpunk over Bugsnax?

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony has 4 titles in the top 10. Even if TLoU2 didn't win #1, Sony as a whole is on a roll.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Almost. GameSpot didn't give it to Hades. Game Informer went how I thought and didn't give it to Hades either. Other than being wrong about GS, I was pretty close! Hades is the GotY darling of almost every major outlet.
it'd be really hard for a game to fully sweep the wins from all the major sites. but it looks like hades is gonna win the majority, which is really rare (or unprecedented?) for an indie game.