spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have a source for SI being 17% currently?

I was under the impression it was still over 100%

GME has a good future ahead of it.
They're supposedly announcing news on their crypto tech plans in the near future

Serious question: why do people currently invested in gamestop even care if it has a good future ahead of it? The only reason to buy in above $40 is for the hope of a short squeeze -- which is completely divorced from any of the fundamentals of the company.

Although game stop has no future and wont exist in like 10 years imo

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Serious question: why do people currently invested in gamestop even care if it has a good future ahead of it? The only reason to buy in above $40 is for the hope of a short squeeze -- which is completely divorced from any of the fundamentals of the company.

Although game stop has no future and wont exist in like 10 years imo
Because most people invest on hype alone and have no idea how this works.
It's a social movement more than anything.

Jun 10, 2018
www.google.com

How AMC and GameStop became Reddit faves

You've probably heard of the FAANG stocks: Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google owner Alphabet. But it's the BANG stocks of Reddit WallStreetBets meme fame that are now taking the investing world by storm.

Meme stocks now have the industry standard acronym of BANG (Blackberry, AMC, Nokia and GameStop).
Ehh NOK hasn't been apart of the meme gang since late last year.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
How is it "garbage"?

www.fool.com

Opinion: AMC Entertainment's Share Price Is Being Manipulated | The Motley Fool

Here's the surprise: Wall Street isn't the culprit.

Yeah that's a bunch of bs they are forcing a narrative against retial. They hate AMC and the retail traders. They is one of many many posts by them and it's all to get retail to give up so the shorts don't have to cover. How many articles about AMC crashing, not being the right value, telling people to get out ect do they need to post and be wrong before people stop listening to them because they very obviously have an implicit bias.

No one is investing in AMC for it's fundamentals. No one thinks it's a long term bet. That's not what it is.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah that's a bunch of bs they are forcing a narrative against retial. They hate AMC and the retail traders. They is one of many many posts by them and it's all to get retail to give up so the shorts don't have to cover. How many articles about AMC crashing, not being the right value, telling people to get out ect do they need to post and be wrong before people stop listening to them because they very obviously have an implicit bias.
They're not wrong though. I see analysts have a 1-year price target estimate of $5.25, based on earnings potential, and their business model keeps getting worse every year. Short interest isn't very high, and the company has done massive dilution already and will likely continue diluting to help pay off debt.

www.marketbeat.com

AMC Entertainment (AMC) Short Interest Ratio and Volume 2024

Are hedge funds shorting AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC) stock? View the latest AMC short interest ratio, short volume, and more at MarketBeat.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
They're not wrong though. I see analysts have a 1-year price target estimate of $5.25, based on earnings potential, and their business model keeps getting worse every year. Short interest isn't very high, and the company has done massive dilution already and will likely continue diluting to help pay off debt.

www.marketbeat.com

AMC Entertainment (AMC) Short Interest Ratio and Volume 2024

Are hedge funds shorting AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC) stock? View the latest AMC short interest ratio, short volume, and more at MarketBeat.

They havent done massive dilution. They wont be able to dilute while retail holds 80+% of the shares. Short interest is artificial because of the manipulation happening. If that was a real number for this company under these circumstances then it wouldnt be in the 50's for a month now. Fundamentals have nothing to do with this stock, and until shorts cover they won't. Retail has shown they absolutely will not sell, and the CEO has withdrawn the request for any further share dilution.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
They havent done massive dilution. They wont be able to dilute while retail holds 80+% of the shares. Short interest is artificial because of the manipulation happening. If that was a real number for this company under these circumstances then it wouldnt be in the 50's for a month now. Fundamentals have nothing to do with this stock, and until shorts cover they won't. Retail has shown they absolutely will not sell, and the CEO has withdrawn the request for any further share dilution.
Sorry, I guess I figured diluting by several hundred percent is "massive", but apparently you think massive means something else.

Citations needed for literally everything you said. I won't hold my breath waiting, least of all for you to provide proof to support the lies you included. For example in recent weeks the CEO was pushing for 25M more shares, just not in 2021.

investor.amctheatres.com

Press Releases

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
GME and AMC are interchangeable in this chart.

koak146mo3871.png

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
When the crew talking about how terrible Motley Fool is but you just posted a link to Seeking Alpha articles an hour ago.
VmcAFV3.png

😂

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Read an article from the Fool and come back in 5 minutes.

It won't take you long to realize this is not the hill to die on.
I read the article linked. I don't fully agree with the summary at the bottom, but I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with what's being asserted. Now, you could either explain why they are trash or continue doing... whatever this is you're doing.

Because as far as I'm concerned, this is looking like a random poster in a GME thread vs a known resource in personal finance.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
going by gme, it's going to dwindle down, dwindle down... then explode on some random day for no particular reason