• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to buy another share but Robinhood is only allowing me to have 1. I didn't use another app because it's a hassle but once this is done I'm deleting this damn account fuck them.

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
Nap time. It's going to get rough in the next 90 minutes. Stick to the plan. 43 share $116 limit buy queued up. They're going to attack this to get below $115 eod.

Salient_Lion

Dec 20, 2020
Hold and buy the dip if you can afford to.

Obviously don't gamble your life savings or any money that could ruin your life if you don't get it back. But if you've been waiting to jump in and have a few bucks to spare, buying on the low is your entry point.

This is not financial advice.

Manicstreet

Oct 25, 2017
I think the fun is over. I'm gonna let my shares ride but if you are nervous and really need the money I would get out and chalk up what you lost as a learning experience.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would advice people who already bought to not look at the last hour. Then again why did buy GME you were warned lol. For those who want to jump in, buy the dip.

Jun 23, 2019
Hold and buy the dip y'all. The stock in under a ladder attack and the hedge funds are trying to push this down below $115 before close.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Anyone trying to buy, use Fidelity. You can transfer funds from your bank account and they'll be immediately available. Test it with a small amount to be safe.

As an alternative, Public is also working but they also halted buying yesterday.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
What happens if the stock gets below $115 at the end of the day?

There are a lot of calls outstanding at 115. Which means you paid to have the right to buy a certain number of shares at 115. Whatever the current price is. You want to exercise that right when the stock price is actually above 115. Then you got a bargain (in the money). And since a lot of stocks would be bought, the stock price goes up.

If the price is below 115, then it doesn't make sense to exercise the call and the stock price doesn't get boosted by the buys.

So that's what the hedge funds are going for, those calls not executing means less pressure on the stock price to go up. And they of course want it down for an extended period of time, as they might want to cover a lot of stock. And that can take a while.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
It really is crazy to see the volume jumping thousands of shares a second even with that $300 price tag.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
fwrLKL.gif

Goron3

Alt account
Banned
Nov 24, 2020
These numbers are absolutely insane. If we can finish the day at $300 or so, there will be a huge jump on Monday. I'd be willing to flip half my shares at that point, before waiting for the squeeze.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of calls outstanding at 115. Which means you paid to have the right to buy a certain number of shares at 115. Whatever the current price is. You want to exercise that right when the stock price is actually above 115. Then you got a bargain (in the money). And since a lot of stocks would be bought, the stock price goes up.

If the price is below 115, then it doesn't make sense to exercise the call and the stock price doesn't get boosted by the buys.

So that's what the hedge funds are going for, those calls not executing means less pressure on the stock price to go up. And they of course want it down for an extended period of time, as they might want to cover a lot of stock. And that can take a while.
Ah ok, i see.. Thanks. So those call can first be executed from Monday?

Last edited:

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using WeBull, and I deposited $100 two days ago, but I guess the deposit hasn't been fully finalized? Anyways, I'm confused, because I've been buying and selling for two days now, but now if I try to buy something, it says that I'm using funds that haven't been finalized, and if I sell within 2 days, I'll get hit with a Good Faith Violation (GFV), which seems not great. Anybody else experiencing this? I'd love to be able to buy more into some of the stocks that we know are still being shorted, but it seems like I can't spend the money I've been spending anymore.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Ah ok, i see.. Thanks. So those call can first be executed from Monday?

No, they expire today. Re-reading my post, I wasn't 100% complete. The hedge funds are in this on both sides. They have a ton of calls, maybe most of them at this point. You can sell a call, so hedge funds can buy calls from retail investors. If they execute (price above 115) they get some value out of the price difference.

They need stock. So it's still better to exercise the call at 115 then to let it expire. They A: get some stock back to cover, B: get value back from immediately selling the stock, which they can use to cover more stock. So if they have the calls, they probably want to exercise the option... but it'd be much better is the price is below 115, then they can buy for the regular price and start selling.

But the theory only holds if you accept that A: they really want that stock (they'll exercise the calls) and B: regular folk will hold, meaning they won't be able to buy cheap in any way. Who knows if all this theory is correct? I don't. Nobody knows... well, except the big money guys.