DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021

View: https://twitter.com/TheRoaringKitty/status/1789807772542067105

GameStop shares rallied more than 80% on Monday after "Roaring Kitty," the man who inspired the epic short squeeze of 2021, posted online for the first time in roughly three years.
The post, a picture on X of a video gamer leaning forward on their chair as if to indicate he's taking the game seriously, marked Roaring Kitty's first post on the platform — or on Reddit
— since 2021. The post garnered 63,000 likes in 13 hours.

Trading in GameStop was halted multiple times due to volatility in morning trading. AMC, another meme stock, jumped 22% Monday, while Reddit traded 11% higher.
Roaring Kitty, whose legal name is Keith Gill, is a former marketer for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance. Also known as DeepF------Value on Reddit, Gill drew an army of day traders who cheered each other on and piled into the brick-and-mortar video game stock, and GameStop call options, between 2020 and 2021.

The "meme stock" frenzy involved individual investors taking aim at short sellers and hedge funds who were pessimistic about the outlook for GameStop and other companies, forcing them to cover their short positions and drive up the price of the target stocks. Currently, the short position in GameStop shares amounts to more than 24% of all its shares that are freely available to trade, also known as the float.

Currently up 90% today so far, 120% on the year timeframe:

Qqs97Uu.png

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The stock market makes both perfect sense to me and is still incredibly baffling at the same

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
lol all those bag holders better take advantage and cash out and cut their losses with this opportunity. But of course, they wont. This just reinforces their delusion GME will still somehow moon again.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb Money 2: Show me your Pokemans

Speculative market being so vulnerable to these stupid pumping moves is dangerous. Thankfully it only seems to hit certain stocks.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
The Reddit meme stock stuff requires an event that would destroy the entire economy if it actually happened (MOASS/mother of all short squeezes) to let everyone cash out. It's a religious belief at this point.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've never understood if these people are trying to make money or trying to show how the system makes no sense what so ever. Or both. or neither.

I simply don't have enough money or income to do anything with my savings besides put it into a HYSA because I would like to try to use it for a house payment within the next few years and can't risk it.

Oct 8, 2019
I've never understood if these people are trying to make money or trying to show how the system makes no sense what so ever. Or both. or neither.

I simply don't have enough money or income to do anything with my savings besides put it into a HYSA because I would like to try to use it for a house payment within the next few years and can't risk it.

Someone already posted Dan Olson's video on the subject. but basically a bunch of people who got sold on the idea of making money off of a corrupt wallstreet were left holding the bag on an ever decreasing stock, so they created conspiracy theories about how Kevin Gill/Roaring Kitty/Deep Fucking Value was one of two people who was going to expose that wall street is trying to destroy Gamestop/AMC/Bed, Bath and Beyond which will cause MOASS where a single share of Gamestop will allow infinite wealth as the world economy collapses.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still waiting on the dogecoin i bought a few years ago to rise enough so i can retire

I bought like $30 worth and it's at $200 today so any day now!

Dec 30, 2020
I had an older family member who used to buy those "Doctor Numbers" books on how to understand the lottery and win big, and now I just keep seeing all these big squeeze junkies doing the exact same thing.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
My friend finally sold his stock after how many years and actually made a bit profit as well. Thank god because he dumped most of his savings into GME

SpiralEngine

Jul 6, 2023
Based on my recollection from that Folding Ideas video, I feel like this guy should've stayed offline permanently, 'cause him coming back and whipping up these memestock people might not end well.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine surviving not getting blown out by congress for market manipulation and then just do it again.

Btw, MOASS ensue.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The apes have been given an opportunity to cash out and I bet almost none of them are going to take it.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Apes together strong

*2 days later*

Apes together broke