• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023

Candy-Con-Wireless-Base-Controller
20009283-bd0734a9

$34.99 for the base wireless controller, $49.99 for a pre-assembled controller, $3.99 for analogue sticks, $3.99 for dpads, $9.99 for faceplates

Features:
  • K SILVER JH16 Hall Effect sticks
  • Hall Effect triggers
  • Removeable sticks, dpad, faceplate
  • 600 mAh removable battery (internal, lasts ~10 hours)
  • Dual rumble motors
  • Start/Select/Share mounted on bottom
From the Reddit teardown:

Really cool market for GameStop to get into. Hope this is successful for them.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Very cool! I've spent way too much money on drifting controllers so I hope these turn out to be decent!

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That is some weird placement for the plus/minus/share buttons

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Weird place for the star/select/share buttons, but I'm all for the custom controller market getting bigger.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
gamestop actually selling stuff related to GAMING?

color me shocked these days

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Ooh, this is neat! Not expecting a ton but this actually really makes sense for them as a store. Would be cool if they could get licensed faceplates out too.

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
The reddit thread seems to indicate that it's a high quality controller. The only thing it seems to be missing is back buttons

Oops looks like it does have back buttons!

Last edited:

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I assume this'll be sold in plastic bags and already have the controller's plastic eaten away by finger grease and Cheeto dust despite being listed as "New".

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite is still using my DualShock 4 w/ 8BitDo WA2 on my Switch. I just can't with the weird +/-/* button placement on this. I'm sure there's an engineering reason why they did it that way other than to be different. Or maybe not.

OP
OP
stopmrdomino

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
Someone grab one of these and let us know how that dpad is. Looks like the Xbox Series dpad, which is incredible.

MoB68pB.png

It's using both microswitches AND a rubber dome on top of it, so it's probably somewhere in the ballpark of a "softer" feeling and sounding Series controller (which is a regular tactile d-pad)

Wonder if this is related to the Rock Candy controller brand?
Nada, Rock Candy is owned by PDP (which is owned by Turtle Beach)

My favorite is still using my DualShock 4 w/ 8BitDo WA2 on my Switch. I just can't with the weird +/-/* button placement on this. I'm sure there's an engineering reason why they did it that way other than to be different. Or maybe not.
I'm no lawyer but I bet it has to do with not wanting to creep TOO close to the Series controller visually

Oct 26, 2017
MoB68pB.png

It's using both microswitches AND a rubber dome on top of it, so it's probably somewhere in the ballpark of a "softer" feeling and sounding Series controller (which is a regular tactile d-pad)

I'm no lawyer but I bet it has to do with not wanting to creep TOO close to the Series controller visually
Ah yes, makes sense. GameStop have their own Biogenik brand but I guess this is separate then?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
MoB68pB.png

That sounds like it might be the best dpad on a controller, potentially...

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Ok that looks and sounds like a pretty cool product. Surprising, coming from the funko pop store.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
It's a neat idea but obviously lives or dies by its build quality and the price doesn't have me hopeful. It can be as easily repairable as it wants but if it feels cheap it's a deal breaker. Or maybe I'm just programmed to think sub $70 controllers must be garbage because I've been getting ripped off for a decade+

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
The reddit thread seems to indicate that it's a high quality controller. The only thing it seems to be missing is back buttons

Oops looks like it does have back buttons!

That's a subreddit for people that still believe holding Gamestop stock is going to tank the world economy and make them personally rich, definitely don't believe anything written there.

It's also why some people are pretending to be excited about this obviously garbage controller.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Do PlayStation next, I really don't want to spend $200 for hall effect controllers. Last time I checked I saw people suggesting you mod it yourself which I'm willing to try but uh you couldn't buy hall effect sticks anywhere unless you ordered a literal shipment from the manufacturer.

OP
OP
stopmrdomino

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
That's a subreddit for people that still believe holding Gamestop stock is going to tank the world economy and make them personally rich, definitely don't believe anything written there.

It's also why some people are pretending to be excited about this obviously garbage controller.
They have what are considered the best hall effect modules on the market - it's not a garbage controller

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
They have what are considered the best hall effect modules on the market - it's not a garbage controller

Considering hall effect is mentioned nowhere on the product page and this controller is way too cheap for that, I'm going to assume the weird stock cult subreddit is wrong.

Would be ironic if trying to sell video game related product is what put them under.

What is putting them under is the shift to digital. They've always sold cheap knock-off controllers.

OP
OP
stopmrdomino

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
Considering hall effect is mentioned nowhere on the product page and this controller is way too cheap for that, I'm going to assume the weird stock cult subreddit is wrong.

What is putting them under is the shift to digital. They've always sold cheap knock-off controllers.
Something tells me someone isn't going to the trouble of buying the controller, tearing it down, but then also making a fake PCB with the KSILVER modules in them.

Hall effect sticks also are only barely more expensive than ALPS potentiometer based ones

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If you're wondering, this does have a gyroscope. The OP doesn't mention it, but the actual link does.

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
Something tells me someone isn't going to the trouble of buying the controller, tearing it down, but then also making a fake PCB with the KSILVER modules in them.

Hall effect sticks also are only barely more expensive than ALPS potentiometer based ones

Why are you implying I said something I didn't say? For all we know KSILVER makes all kinds of modules of different quality, not just hall effect. Also, the whole post might be fake - GME cultist are extremely weird about this stock, it very much wouldn't be unusual. I'm not going to trust a post on "superstonk", just like I don't believe their "DD" about the stock that gets posted.

If you want a good controller, don't buy a cheap Gamestop brand but something reputable.

OP
OP
stopmrdomino

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
For all we know KSILVER makes all kinds of modules of different quality, not just hall effect.
But we do know, and we know that's the JH16

Hall sensing joysticks_Hall 3D_Hall sensing joystick for joy-con_joystick_Hall sensing joystick for joy-con_Drone Joystick Manufacturer_Gamepad rocker_rocker manufacturers_electromagnetic rocker manufacturers_electromagnetic rocker manufacturers_joyc

GUANGDONG K-SILVER INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD. is dedicated to the research and development, manufacturing, and sales of Hall rocker, encoder, potentiometer, audio potentiometer, dial potentiometer, headphone potentiometer, switch potentiometer, headphone wire control, 3D rocker, rocker potentiometer...

You can browse their entire lineup here, nothing else matches. They're all physically different outer housings.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
yeah wouldn't really trust gamestop sourced third party controllers to go the distance but good luck to them. not sure why you'd buy these over 8bit do's though which also ship with halls now (i have one on my PC, seems fine)

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Apparently, hall effect sticks are now in all kinds of cheap Aliexpress controllers. Makes sense they'd show up in a cheap product like this as well.

Also, the short squeeze happened in 2021, you're wasting your time with Gamestop.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Interesting. Apparently, hall effect sticks are now in all kinds of cheap Aliexpress controllers. Makes sense they'd show up in a cheap product like this as well.

Also, the short squeeze happened in 2021, you're wasting your time with Gamestop.
Are you okay? It's fine to let people discuss an affordable new controller with quality constituent components. We understand you hate GS.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Thread just reminded me to see if it was possible to put HE sticks on the Elite Series, and still no luck. The magnets are fucking up the sensors and all that lol :(

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Gamestop should've pulled an Amazon Basics years ago when they were still getting a decent amount of foot traffic in their store.