• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
their secret is that they're selling used copies to begin with :-P

Probably not far off tbh. They'll sell your used copy as new for sure.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except this is a 2D mario. Everyone know what the game is and how it plays. Do you want a 2D mario game with unlimited levels, some bad but some extremely creative? Then Mario Maker is an amazing buy.

which doesn't fit the promo gamestop is offering. why anyone would take advantage of this for Mario Maker 2 is beyond me, the game has virtually infinite replayability.

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing it goes like this:
A lot of people will buy it expecting more of a regular Mario game and then return it (I have a hunch that Gamestop have a lot of used Mario Maker 1 copies). Gamestop can sell the returned games as new/opened plus you just get store credit back which only means you have to buy something else from them.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
For what it's worth, when I picked up Skyrim on launch day, another guy in line came in to trade in his copy.

And before you make a buggy Bethesda joke, he said the game just wasn't his thing.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
I'm not buying this game at launch because there are just other games coming down the pipe in the next few weeks I am more excited for. I put dozens of hours in Mario Maker and will get this eventually, but this doesn't make me want to pull the trigger any faster.

Mario Maker gets better with time. The best this game has to offer won't even be seen for a few months. It's best to wait if you're like me and like playing levels more than creating them.