• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Our friends at GameXplain got to talk to Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya about all sorts of Platinum Games topics, and we've put together a quick summary of some of the juiciest tidbits. Check out that recap below.
- Atsushi Inaba said there's never been a day where they didn't want to do a sequel to The Wonderful 101
- he says it would be nice if the day came when they could make a sequel, but it would be a challenge
- Platinum is interested in working with Nintendo again in the future
- Bayonetta 3 development is "going fine"
- no conversations have happened with Platinum about porting StarFox Zero to Switch
- due to the fan reaction to the dog in Project GG, there might be an expanded role for the dog in the full game
- Hideki Kamiya would love to see Amaterasu added to Smash Bros. Ultimate

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo fund Wonderful 102 you cowards.
ValidBossyIrishredandwhitesetter-small.gif

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
This is what i imagine every time they say that bayo 3s development is going fine:
dae9d5fc0800f12f5c720be598b6bea6.png

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I've never understood about the uber-rich is why they all want to use their money for political bribery and paedophile/demon-worship rings instead of the actual important stuff: funding eccentric passion projects. If I had a billion dollars you'd better believe we'd be getting a Wonderful 102. I'm buying out whatever rights Nintendo still has and signing them over to Platinum, throwing enough cash at Kamiya and friends to finish a whole trilogy, and then just distributing it for every platform for free (because it's obviously not going to make money anyway :P).

In conclusion, I should be given a billion dollars.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did they comment on when the 5th Platinum 4 announcement is happening? It has been so long at this point I'm convinced they just didn't expect the backlash and the 5th announcement is just whenever one of their publishers feels like announcing something.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really want Star Fox 0 on Switch.

Just get rid of that dumb control scheme and we are golden.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Still no Bayo 3 news other than it's fine.

I can't believe we'll get SMTV before Bayo 3.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Project GG? What the heck, why am I reading for the first time about this?
Just looked it up and the trailer is from February. Mind blown. Can't fucking wait woohooo!

Oct 26, 2017
One thing I've never understood about the uber-rich is why they all want to use their money for political bribery and paedophile/demon-worship rings instead of the actual important stuff: funding eccentric passion projects. If I had a billion dollars you'd better believe we'd be getting a Wonderful 102. I'm buying out whatever rights Nintendo still has and signing them over to Platinum, throwing enough cash at Kamiya and friends to finish a whole trilogy, and then just distributing it for every platform for free (because it's obviously not going to make money anyway :P).

In conclusion, I should be given a billion dollars.
I'd be funding space missions but yours is a close second!

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Selfish me would be ecstatic about Wonderful 102 but they need to stop getting my hopes up. It's not happening.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wish they would have asked about a remaster of anarchy reigns and a release of that on pc to be honest.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think Bayo 3 might be pushed to next gen switch with some other game taking its place, like Astral Chain 2

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From the way Inaba puts it, it kind of sounds like Nintendo still own the TW101 IP to some extent despite their names being completely scrubbed from the Remaster.

Oct 25, 2017
Had to rewatch the Project GG trailer to remind myself of the dog. That is a good doggo.
They did mention that the pandemic did impact Bayo 3's development, which isn't a surprise.

From the way Inaba puts it, it kind of sounds like Nintendo still own the TW101 IP to some extent despite their names being completely scrubbed from the Remaster.

I thought that was obvious. They never said "we own the IP" and stated that Project GG is their first fully owned self-published IP.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost kinda sad how they so wanted Wonderful 101 to happen.

But it ain't ever gonna happen.

I hope Project GG goes much better for them.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Between Wonderful 102 and Amaterasu being in Smash, this interview is full of Things That Will Definitely (Not) Happen.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Amaterasu would be wonderful in Smash, but it ain't happening lol. Sad.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
I legit doubt they'll found a sequel after giving away the IP and the game bombing twice.

Astral Chain 2 will probably be the next Platinum collaboration after Bayonetta 3 is released.

Honestly wouldn't be that shocked if they do something else (not w101) in between Bayo 3 and Astral Chain 2

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I love W101 but, damn the game did terribly both chances it got.

To hell if I'm not having a blast playing through it on Switch though.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Can't watch but did they comment the kickstarter fiasco? I still yet have to recieve my game. Have had no update for over a month now...

Nov 28, 2017
I don't believe any dev hell rhetoric thrown at these guys. They showed the Bayo 3 teaser almost 3 years ago. There must be a reason they're holding out on even screenshots, let alone gameplay.

Sincerely hope that it doesn't get pushed to the Succ launch (2023), if the Switch doesn't get a Switch XL/Pro SKU next year.

Nice to hear Project GG's going on track. But what about Babylon's Fall? IIRC they said summer 2020 for more info.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't watch but did they comment the kickstarter fiasco? I still yet have to recieve my game. Have had no update for over a month now...
no comments on the issues with the KS campaign

I don't believe any dev hell rhetoric thrown at these guys. They showed the Bayo 3 teaser almost 3 years ago. There must be a reason they're holding out on even screenshots, let alone gameplay.
i suspect it was just announced way too soon, before they got into actual development. they just wanted to add something to the announcement of bayo 1+2 switch ports and made a short CG teaser trailer. 2017 was the launch year of switch and nintendo was eager to announce a bunch of stuff to assure people about the future of the platform. MP4 was probably announced too soon with just a logo because of the same reason.