MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I remember being pretty young and have my brothers wake me up at 3 or 4am when they returned back home with a copy of Halo 2. I remembering seeing them playing the intro mission and being in awe of how improved it was from the first game. The hype had been so palpable for Halo 2 that to actually have it playable in our house felt like a revelation.

More recently, on the launch of the PS4 I was in college and didn't have the money to buy it. But all the same, a day after launch, my brother had bought an extra PS4 which he drove the 6 hours to my college to deliver to me. I remember booting up Killzone Shadowfall and Resogun and us just looking around the menus and how new the interface felt. It was the first generational launch I had followed with absolute voraciousness and it felt so cool to see it culminate.

Also more personal than industry-shattering, but I remember booting up my copy of God of War the night it launched and how wild it felt to play a game I'd worked on for two years in my own apartment for the first time. I barely got very far because I kept messaging with friends and checking the ResetEra thread to see impressions. Still one of the most magical, surreal moments.