SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
Naturally, games are a huge joy for most of us without any side pick-me-up. Nevertheless, I'd personally be lying if I said there were no cases of some of my play sessions being exceptionally memorable with a couple (or 10) of beers on the side. What are your memories of the sort? Did it make the whole thing better or worse?

Personally, I have a lot of those.

One of my first ones dates back to something like 2006, playing Half-Life deathmatch on Crossfire (map) with my mates for about 15 hours non-stop. At first I thought the beers made me a better player, but after a couple of hours I started to miss my targets by miles and...the game became even more fun. Being a fast ranger with a Tau Cannon who can't hit shit is a memory I hold dear to this day.

Darkulator_crossfire_big.jpg

Ah...the coziest place...

Another good and recent example would be VA-11 HALL-A from a year ago. Due to some health issues (not related to alcohol) I couldn't drink any booze for about 2 years. After I was finally given the go-ahead I thought about what would be the best game to do it with. And along came VA-11 HALL-A.
In the game you are a bartender, so drinking while playing seemed like a natural fit. I've never even tried any Visual Novels before. Played it in one sitting and went to bed with a sense of happiness bordering on euphoria.

2017-11-04-222639.jpg

This bar should exist in real life...

Disclaimer:
Just in case - this thread's intention is not to promote unhealthy alcohol consumption. If for any reason (personal opinion, religion, health, etc...) you're are strictly against alcohol consumption - please try not to bash on people in the thread. I get that it's unhealthy etc., but this thread is for adults who are in control of what they are doing. The thread is not about "good idea vs bad idea". I wanted to create it for people to share their experiences and stories, so please be friendly.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
My friends and I used to drink and play Modern Warfare 2 most weekends, but I don't drink much anymore and can't remember the last time I was drunk. Those nights were fun though.

I generally don't like playing video games while high or drunk because it hurts my ability to focus or play properly.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
College we used to drink and play Halo 3 a ton. I had some great nights playing rocket race freshmen year. When I lived in the fraternity house it was all N64 with Mario tennis, Pokemon stadium, and Smash. Drunk Mario Kart as well.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm drunk I usually hop on Rocket League or Overwatch so I don't have to be focused on anything but gameplay.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
So, let me tell you how alcohol is perfect to nullify the friendship destroying powers of Mario Party.

Once me and friends decided to turn Mario Party into a drinking game, if I remember correctly the rules were:
- If you fall into a red spot, you take a shot
- The last place in minigames take a shot
- If you get a star you choose someone to take a shot
- If you get a second star you can create a drinking new rule (something like, you have to take a shot every time you get a even number in the dices or if someone says a certain word they have to take a shot)

So, we played 2 games of Mario Party, the shortest one possible, 15 turns I think.... we were playing with 8 people (taking turns). There were 8 bottles of tequila, rum and vodka. By the end of the game they were all dry. The result was: I grabbed 2 shoelaces and went around saying I was Kratos, 2 of my friends almost drowned at the beach, one couple started crying making love declarations... the others were just really drunk. Everyone had a huge hangover the next day and our friendship became stronger than ever.

We never played Mario Party sober again (but we put some limits now, our livers are not so young anymore).

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Left 4 Dead was the best for that. These days it's still fun to squad up in Fortnite or something but it's never been as good as L4D. I just hope L4D3 is still on its way someday because I'm still in touch with those friends and I know we'd all be back on the train.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Dance Dance Revolution drunk is fantastic. I find it to be super relaxing. I don't recommend it unless you are skilled enough to play decently when you're sober, though.

Oct 29, 2017
My college experience was that before it's your turn to play smash bros, you already had at least a beer.
Actually drunk you are a mess though, but that way there is no king of the hill dominating for too long.

OP
OP
SuiQuan

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
So, let me tell you how alcohol is perfect to nullify the friendship destroying powers of Mario Party.

Once me and friends decided to turn Mario Party into a drinking game, if I remember correctly the rules were:
- If you get a second star you can create a drinking new rule (something like, you have to take a shot every time you get a even number in the dices or if someone says a certain word they have to take a shot)

So, we played 2 games of Mario Party, the shortest one possible, 15 turns I think.... we were playing with 8 people (taking turns). There were 8 bottles of tequila, rum and vodka. By the end of the game they were all dry. The result was: I grabbed 2 shoelaces and went around saying I was Kratos, 2 of my friends almost drowned at the beach, one couple started crying making love declarations... the others were just really drunk. Everyone had a huge hangover the next day and our friendship became stronger than ever.

We never played Mario Party sober again (but we put some limits now, our livers are not so young anymore).
Lol, I'll use rules of the same sort when playing goddamn Monopoly with anyone next time.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like drinking and playing games unless it's sports or Mario Kart in a social setting.

I have some pretty fond memories of NHL2K tournaments back in college though.

hutna

Oct 25, 2017

Mario Party Drinking Game was a weekly staple in my college days. We had similar house rules. Of course a meta emerged wherein some players got worse the more drunk they got and others actually got better.

I will play Hearthstone sometimes drunk. Usually weird OTK combo decks. My other favorite is Neo Turf Masters on Switch.

TailorDKS

Apr 18, 2018
I do not really drink and play, but I guess two popular games where a lot of people do this, are Destiny and Rocket League.

Almost everytime when I tried to play a Raid in Destiny with a random group there was at least one person who was drunk or took drugs and talked about it.
And there are many Rocket league players, but I guess there are just more because I dont play ranked and only snow days for fun.

But to add a story to it;
We once wanted to make a Raid in Destiny and searched for one person (because the other left). We searched trough the Destiny App and asked for a skilled player that had experience in the Raid because it was kinda late.
So one person messaged me and I added him to the Party. At first he didnt say anything then he asked us if we wanted to make a Raid,. Everyone was like: "wtf, we looked for you because we are already in middle of the raid" he then joined minutes later.
After that he confesed he never really did the raid... Of course everyone was kinda pissed but okay with teaching him.
When he joined the game he just said "so we doing nightfall now?" (which is a completly different mode).

After that we just kicked him and everyone was just like: "....wtf...." :D

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
UK
FFXIV or Warframe. Nothing funner than not caring how bad of a tank I am when I come home and don't wanna sleep.

Though if I'm drinking and playing games with friends then it's Mario Kart and still being too good as my friends aren't giant nerds.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
The downside is not remembering. Elder Scrolls is my general go-to drunk gaming experience but inevitably, I end up wondering how the fuck I gained 10 levels and 50million gold and am now somehow the leader of the Dark Brotherhood and a vampire, what the hell did i do.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found some cats in Yakuza 6 while drunk the past weekend

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Quite a few and I hardly drink at all now
Burnout series taking turns with friends in race or road rage you crashed switch off controller winner got to play crash mode
Rock band good lord those 24 song setlists we did back then
probably my the only game today my GF and I drink playing rock band
Dance central much easier than DDR
You don't know Jack
Kinect sports bowling
Singstar/Karaoke revolution
Shadow of Rome arena combat college up all night with my boys (og Xbox bc please)
Call of Duty World at War multiplayer
Rez
Wipeout PS3 one

Most was on Xbox with created music playlist
My greatest drunk gaming moment
Was I played Time Pilot on Xbox arcade first time I played since I was 10
I was completely blitzed and I knocked out every achievement and my old roommate swears I played 25 levels without dying once (muscle memory they had a cabinet I played for a year at the woman who watched me like a daycare center today when I was 9 favorite arcade game all time)

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Towerfall Ascension multiplayer with beers is always a good time. Same with Gang Beasts. I literally had muscle pain in my stomach from laughing so hard while playing Gang Beats drunk with friends.

a stray cat

Nov 13, 2017
Bay Area
I had a separate Overwatch account for playing drunk.

I did sorta feel bad for the people I got teamed with, but I was maintaining Gold while drunk (main was mid-diamond)...

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I used to have stomach problem with caffeine and I kind of stopped drinking alcohol too except a few beer for social activities. Is there some alcohol that is less irritable for the stomach than others?

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I usually get ready for nights out alot earlier then most cause i hate rushing things, and like pre drink slowly

So Whilst im waiting for house mates to get ready and everyone to arrive, i play splatoon 2 and drink when i die

I have some of the best plays and games of my life.

Last time i played 9 matches, won all 9 and was mvp on all. Im pretty okay at splatoon, but drunk i become way better at aiming

I should try some other games at some point.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I played Need For Speed Most Wanted(2012) while being really drunk back when it just came out. It convinced me to never drive for real while drunk.

Disclaimer: I'm drunk now playing Resident Evil remake. I'd love to visit a zombie/monster infested mansion while drunk. This is realy fun.

OP
OP
SuiQuan

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
I lived closely how in my country the police introduced drugs in the streets to alienate young workers from the areas with more strikes and protests. But hey, opinions and all that.

Well, after you ninja edited that, my post lacks context.
Sorry, I edited it right after I saw your response to a previous poster, in which you clarified that he got what you meant to say right. So there was not point in expressing what I thought you meant. But, well, I said "Maybe he/she meant counterEVOLUTIONARY, which somehow makes it worse. But, opinions and all that". All better?

Edit: sucks what happened in your country. In my country introducing alcohol to an area would increase chances of any kind of uprising, which is one of the many reasons why you can't buy any alcohol after 9p.m. Stronger drugs are a whole other matter. I get it - you have a strong opinion about that + the issue of alcohol strikes close to home. But this thread is not about that. And, btw, which country, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited: