• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I better hide my Nintendo merch before they ask my house to be taken down

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i'd bet my kidney the dude who did the fake, was just going through ERA thread on the whole samus thing and knew it would rile people up lmao

Edit: hell i'd bet them both
Double Edit: shiiet... Am i bout to lose both my kidneys?

Last edited:

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now to see who read's the first page a little or glossed the original post just to say 'Eff Nintendo"

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, if they say it came from Nintendo themselves, I'll believe it

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This sure looks legit to me. It was posted today on the official Steam store page of Garry's Mod. In which case, fuck Nintendo.

Light Valyis

Apr 19, 2024
The post on steam is from gmod and says it's from Nintendo directly, ofc they would do this, they're always pulling stuff like this

Oct 25, 2017
What actually was that thing the other month about "this was a thought experiment" or something and it used Nintendo?

Like, "it was false but you believe it COULD be true" - it want even about gaming but something about how misinformation managed to work on people seemingly smart enough to recognise it.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Gmod content is a pretty significant exposure pipeline for Nintendo IP to little kids, so this really seems shortsighted on Nintendo's part.

Ant_17

Oct 28, 2017
Greece
Pretty sure its fake, cause most of the stuff is made from scratch. This is like doing a DMCA on fanart.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Could maybe be a similar situation to Yuzu, where it started with some troll that got so mad about them dropping Windows 7 support that he spammed every contact point for Nintendo that he could find, to bring attention to the project (or so the story went).

Either way, fuck Nintendo if they are involved in this.

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
This looks like these are most likely fake DMCAs from a copyright troll based on what Reddit and Famiboards is saying.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
Fuck Nintendo. They don't understand what it means to cultivate a community. All they care about is cultivating a customer base to rinse money from.

Could maybe be a similar situation to Yuzu, where it started with some troll that got so mad about them dropping Windows 7 support that he spammed every contact point for Nintendo that he could find, to bring attention to the project (or so the story went).

Either way, fuck Nintendo if they are involved in this.
Wait. Seriously? That's how the Yuzu thing happened?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing Nintendo's legal partners are wanting more billable hours of late? Times are tough for everyone it seems lol.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any companies out there as actively hostile to consumers as Nintendo? At this point, the only ones I can think of are drug companies.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From everything I have been seeing it's the same idiot troll that is going around doing false DMCAs again.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo's starting to discover that the internet exists. Someone stop them!

genericbrand

Oct 28, 2017
That sucks. At least it's not a full on workshop mod get's hit with a DMCA so we ban your whole developer account and you speak to an automated email chain saying nothing can be done. I feel like that's something that would happen with Google. I don't know how the admin tools are for Steam Workshop. Maybe the future if it isn't already a thing of allowing delegating a subset workshop powers to appointed user mods in the Workshop

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
In a few more decades maybe Nintendo can crack down on elementary school kids drawing Mario and friends with their crayons. lol

Last edited:

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Generally speaking I would trust the word of the developer who says it's genuinly legit over twitter, Reddit, and forum detectives saying it isn't.