PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
TUNIC continuing to be robbed

Now that I've actually played Tunic, it's kind of incredible to see how much it was snubbed. I had my issues with it, but it's a remarkable game with so much depth.

Eh just another Zelda-like indie that invents its own language(s) and deftly meshes player knowledge-based gating with stunning art to recreate that feeling you last had at age 6 when the internet didn't exist and you didn't know how games worked.

I don't really see what's so special about it.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I will reluctantly recognize that other games came out in 2022 other than God of War Ragnarok. But it's difficult to consider any other games on this list as fundamentally in the same category of art. Even big budget stuff like Elden Ring don't try to compete with Ragnarok's cinematic approach or world interactivity. I love Tunic, and I'm excited to check out Norco, but damn if God of War isn't an alien artifact from the future by comparison.

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
No mention of Xenoblade for Best Audio, even as a honorable mention? Maybe it's because the people who choose have a more Western focus on games so they played less Japanese ones or at least that's how it appears to me.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
No mention of Xenoblade for Best Audio, even as a honorable mention? Maybe it's because the people who choose have a more Western focus on games so they played less Japanese ones or at least that's how it appears to me.

If Audio isn't actually Soundtrack I guess I could let it slide, though honestly Splatoon 3 get an HM for audio is the only Nintendo game there, and outside of it and Elden Ring, I'm not sure there are any other Japanese games among all the other noms or HM, though maybe I missed something.

Thaum

Jan 5, 2023
If Audio isn't actually Soundtrack I guess I could let it slide, though honestly Splatoon 3 get an HM for audio is the only Nintendo game there, and outside of it and Elden Ring, I'm not sure there are any other Japanese games among all the other noms or HM, though maybe I missed something.

Actually the Audio category does include musical composition and orchestration.