• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This looks fun but they should have showed the campaign at E3 instead of this

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should have shown us some stuff from the campaign

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool although this is definitely one of the earlier missions. Should be interesting once we get our hands on it as the IGN players clearly aren't advanced in this mode.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What's horrendous about it? I'm not big on Gears these days anymore but it looks fine to me.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Honestly just looks like Gears 4 with an overhauled (arguably for worse) UI and shooting. I'll try and play on Tuesday at the MS store.

Not overly impressed, but not let down either. I just want some fucking campaign details.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused. Maybe I have different understanding of what "horrendous" means

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Doesn't look nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. But definitely not what I hoped to see from this game.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
E3 is where all the hot taeks happen and all nuance go to die... there's nothing horrendous about this.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Loool I was expecting something really bad. It's different for sure, but horrendous? I'm not so sure.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really interested in this mode but overall it looks like gears. Hopefully the campaign steps it up from 4 a bit though.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
I mean, it looks like Gears, if you are kind of over it (like I do) I get why it doesn't look exciting, but otherwise it seems, ok, I guess

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
This looks fun but they should have showed the campaign at E3 instead of this

They should have had a campaign trailer instead of the heads. The game looks really nice on a X and will surprise many. Escape is fun and while I get it's the biggest addition to the game they could have released that trailer separate to the conference. Strange choices made when it comes to gears. RIP floor wrestlers.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fail to see what is wrong with it. But I wanted to see the campaign today, bummed we only saw this.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
ElXz4Hy.gif

wtf

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I don't get it. What's bad about it? It's footage of someone playing the game not some scripted gameplay piece.

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, that looks terrible. I'm getting the vibe that this game was scrapped during production and then rushed to meet the deadline. Footage from E3 2018 looks like an entirely different game.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
This looks absolutely fine?

The reason this particular gameplay footage isn't so enticing is because the person playing is not exactly super great and the difficulty in general seems to be non existent for this gameplay.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Why do people think this looks horrible? Just looks like a third-person shooter to me, and Gears was one of the pioneering games in the genre, so that's expected.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What was utterly bizarre about this during the conference was them concluding to proudly announce you could play it in Microsoft stores in June. I genuinely expected this mode to serve as some kind of early access/open beta, if only to generate some excitement for a game that's in dire need of hype.

Edit: honestly, it feels like they're rushing this one out so they have something to show for 2019.