• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing this just reminds of how 343i's Spartan designs are so.... eh.
Yeah, I guess I mean compared to the exaggerated Gears crew. I think they do kinda fit though, since I still can't believe I didn't notice it when they showed it off horde play on stage at first. I do remember thinking that big red shoulder was weird for a Gear.

I might've switched to Kat, but not when I have Gilded Kait (and especially not if there's an Ugly Gearsmas Kait coming).

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, I guess I mean compared to the exaggerated Gears crew. I think they do kinda fit though, since I still can't believe I didn't notice it when they showed it off horde play on stage at first. I do remember thinking that big red shoulder was weird for a Gear.

I might've switched to Kat, but not when I have Gilded Kait (and especially not if there's an Ugly Gearsmas Kait coming).
I was saying Bungies Spartan design (last seen in Reach) still looks way better by comparison.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
You know what, I wonder if those are the character models from the new Armory in MCC?

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, will definitely use Kat. Always was partial to COG grunts in MP so she'll fit in perfectly.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
343 already chickened out. Time for The Coalition to step up.
They chickened out far before that--Or rather Bungie did.
560223-guitarhalo.jpg

7b05f62e-d1c9-4000-bc8e-2251d7532304.PNG

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise

Dear god. You're one of those players.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Dear god. You're one of those players.
What? Gearsmas Kait with a blue bubble Gnasher (and I think the Highway Lancer goes well with it too) is the best skin in the game!
RpjROU8.jpg
jzDjqjv.jpg

I kept hemming and hawing on getting that Gearsmas sweater Locust because I didn't want to use the scrap, and now there's like... no use in crafting it. That's so awesome, though lol.

I don't generally use Gearsmas Kait in VS. I usually only use it in Horde.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Escape mode is getting the shaft when it comes to characters. Horde has got Sarah Connor, Halo guy and gal, and most of the main cast. Escape's headliner right now is Parduk

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect them to be set characters in Horde with their own abilities...wtf does Sarah Connor do.

This cross marketing stuff is gonna get super weird if they branch out more, lol.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Kat <3

Jorge is obviously the best but this is a great pull. Love that they got the OG voice actors -- is the first time any VA from Noble Team have returned to their roles?

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
The design direction of Reach was so unbelievably strong. Characters look great even in a game they aren't supposed to be in.

Apr 4, 2019
Guilty Spark & Penitent Tangent ought to be fun alternatives to Jack if they're so inclined. *nudge*

Wheatley/Portal 2 would be amazing (with voice acting).

*insert floating light bulb character*

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
All characters all for all modes.
I get that they were trying to save reach and Sarah Connor as surprises (I wasn't going to see that new terminator movie but with all this videogame hype surrounding it I might go see it, can't be worse than the other ones I suppose 🤷🏾‍♂️) and put spotlight on these new characters but besides there helpful abilities lol know way in hell anyone's going to pick these new guys over halo reach and terminator and the og gears characters. I'm prepared to see a loooot if Emile/kat, Marcus, and Sarah Connor escape trips which I am perfectly content with lol.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Didn't expect them to be set characters in Horde with their own abilities...wtf does Sarah Connor do.

This cross marketing stuff is gonna get super weird if they branch out more, lol.
Put spongebob in gears of war, you know want that stop playing yourself. No such thing as to weird 👌🏾😂

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
I am actually surprised just how well they fit into the Gears artstyle, they look like they could almost belong there.

But, I wont be satsified until I see the return of the greatest skin in Gears history....

GINGERBREAD IMAGO!!!

apps.32585.145706566883jmc.jpg

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am actually surprised just how well they fit in to the Gears artstyle, they look like they could almost belong there.

But, I wont be satsified until I see the return of the greatest skin in Gears history....

GINGERBREAD IMAGO!!!

apps.32585.145706566883jmc.jpg
Agreed, the contrast of Gears art and Halo Spartans works wonderfully. These guys will really stick out on the battlefield.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo that is really fucking cool. I am surprised this wasnt done before.

Xbox game universe needs to coincide more often. :P

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'm dumb. Thought the Ultimate Edition was $100 like it was for Gears 4. Didn't realize it was only $80 this time. Will get that then. I want those skins so badly haha.